Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14,367 (777 away)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

DA9 said:

Was told by a fella at Greenhithe station tonight, whose said his wife runs Valley gold that they had sold just under 20k

Seems an odd attendance figure, covered end almost full and east and west certainly busier than usual, Diane Abbott must have done the count

Well from what I could see on TV 14k looked about right. the south side of the west stand was nearly empty, and the north west quadrant looked like it does when there are 14k. When you get near 20k, that quadrant starts to get populated.

the odd attendance figure was the Blackburn one. Why would over 14,000 Charlton fans have pitched up for that one? ( the crowd was given as 17,300 with Blackburn selling out)

People on here reported yesterday that they could not buy East Stand tickets. It wasn't even 70% full, and some sections were closed, as JFC could tell you.
    Season tickets and complimentaries would have been counted for Blackburn presumably irrespective of attendance. Last night would theoretically be a more 'genuine' count.
    To me, someone should be included in the attendance if they satisfy at least one of the following -
    1) they bought a ticket
    2) they attended the match

Thus if a season ticket holder doesn't turn up but is counted, that's correct. As Blackburn was a Saturday game in April, important and relatively "glamorous" opposition, I imagine comparatively few wouldn't have been there (other than illness, holidays etc) when compared to a dull Tuesday night game in the rain in January

If someone is given a freebie and turns up, that should be counted. However if someone if given a freebie and doesn't turn up, no way should that be counted in attendance figures, as it makes a mockery of them
  • Options

LenGlover said:

DA9 said:

Was told by a fella at Greenhithe station tonight, whose said his wife runs Valley gold that they had sold just under 20k

Seems an odd attendance figure, covered end almost full and east and west certainly busier than usual, Diane Abbott must have done the count

Well from what I could see on TV 14k looked about right. the south side of the west stand was nearly empty, and the north west quadrant looked like it does when there are 14k. When you get near 20k, that quadrant starts to get populated.

the odd attendance figure was the Blackburn one. Why would over 14,000 Charlton fans have pitched up for that one? ( the crowd was given as 17,300 with Blackburn selling out)

People on here reported yesterday that they could not buy East Stand tickets. It wasn't even 70% full, and some sections were closed, as JFC could tell you.
    Season tickets and complimentaries would have been counted for Blackburn presumably irrespective of attendance. Last night would theoretically be a more 'genuine' count.
    To me, someone should be included in the attendance if they satisfy at least one of the following -
    1) they bought a ticket
    2) they attended the match

Thus if a season ticket holder doesn't turn up but is counted, that's correct. As Blackburn was a Saturday game in April, important and relatively "glamorous" opposition, I imagine comparatively few wouldn't have been there (other than illness, holidays etc) when compared to a dull Tuesday night game in the rain in January

If someone is given a freebie and turns up, that should be counted. However if someone if given a freebie and doesn't turn up, no way should that be counted in attendance figures, as it makes a mockery of them
    The attendance figure is needed for the return to the EFL of tickets issued, with a financial breakdown. The turnstile count is a safety precaution to make sure the certified capacity of the stadium is not exceeded. Unfortunately because not everyone goes through a turnstile the count is never complete. So neither figure gives what you want.

Prior to 2015 the club could not easily differentiate between STs, comps and match tickets not actually used. Now it should be able to do so. But one thing it could do is force comp holders to exchange a voucher for a ticket at the ground. It will never happen because it’s a cost, but that would eliminate the nonsense of unused and unwanted comps as a factor in the attendance.
  • Options

By comparison millsmall had 12,568 for their semi final play off first leg

I'm going to assume that you specifically went to look that up just to try and take a small, and completely irrelevant, crumb of comfort from last nights result.

I hate to break it to you but that stat wont give you any extra impetus for the away leg (where, to save you the time after Sundays game, we took 1200 fans to Scunthorpe for our fixture last year).

You're definitely obsessed, mate :wink:
    I thought it was a pathetically small gate and so wanted to compare it to a pathetically small club with a similar fixture , where better than smallwall for that comparison
    in fact i was disappointed your crowd wasn't bigger so i could slate our numbers (it's what i do)
    and in fact 1200 for a same time similar distance is a poor turn out as well
    ffs millwall you're not helping my point that our away support ,numbers for our touchy fans, is poor

1200 allocation. 1200 sold

Spanners talking about train services, WTF.