Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14,367 (777 away)

Comments

• Options
    To be the homes fans were different class tonight and in the main stayed positive.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The community trust block was empty tonight. No freebies allowed
  • Options
    Well I can't think why the club would under declare a gate in this day and age.

Unless it's something to do with Ticketmaster not reporting correctly.

Frankly I'm surprised that there wasn't more discussion about the Blackburn gate. When I saw that on my LiveScore app I just assumed it was a mistake in uploading details on the app.
  • Options
    Seems like a factual error in their earlier story to me
  • Options
    I reckon Meire came back for one last shot st getting an attendance figure correct. She remembered she had to lie, but just screwed up on which way to adjust it.
  • Options

I was told we'd sold 14500 yesterday so that figure seems very odd.

Unless the new owners are buying in the old Gliksten tradition of underdeclaring gates.

Lol!
  • Options
    Suspect there is a problem with that attendance figure but not that much. The north was pretty much full (not the quadrants) but the west was half empty. I can’t see the east properly from within it.

Even if there were 7,500 in the north + quadrants and 4,000 in the west and the east was half full that would only be 14,000-ish home fans,

I did warn that everyone’s perception is skewed by the normal overstating of gates due to no shows. There is absolutely no way this one was deliberately under-reported. If it’s short, it’s a cock-up.

Have to say I estimated 12k sold yesterday from TM and was surprised to hear the club said 14k. Now think I may have been closer at the time.

• Options

clb74 said:

DA9 said:

Was told by a fella at Greenhithe station tonight, whose said his wife runs Valley gold that they had sold just under 20k

Seems an odd attendance figure, covered end almost full and east and west certainly busier than usual, Diane Abbott must have done the count

Well from what I could see on TV 14k looked about right. the south side of the west stand was nearly empty, and the north west quadrant looked like it does when there are 14k. When you get near 20k, that quadrant starts to get populated.

the odd attendance figure was the Blackburn one. Why would over 14,000 Charlton fans have pitched up for that one? ( the crowd was given as 17,300 with Blackburn selling out)

People on here reported yesterday that they could not buy East Stand tickets. It wasn't even 70% full, and some sections were closed, as JFC could tell you.
    The East was about 30% full from what I say.

As for the Blackburn crowd, we have a huge freebie crowd inflation every game whether they turn up or not. We also have massive no shows on STs due to the cheap pricing of kids tickets and by nature our crowd is very family based with a higher likelihood of weekend clashes.

Our attendances have never come close to matching our crowds since the Premier League sellout days.

Your alive then mate didnt see you in your normal seat but the rest of the crew were.
    14000 my arse
    Was at home mate
    Should have come to the Bricklayers.
  • Options
    North felt (from within the lower) as busy and as supportive/loud as I can remember for a long time, despite the best efforts of the team to dampen the mood.

Also lots of the lower north stood for 90mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in North upper for both tonight and the Blackburn game. Home areas seemed a bit fuller tonight but obviously far fewer away fans. I would be very surprised if there were three thousand less at the valley for this game.
    As for the atmosphere, the Covered End barely stopped singing all game tonight but the feeling was nowhere near that of the Blackburn game, where the crowd's support genuinely had the hairs on the back of my neck raised throughout the latter stages of the first half then all the way to the final whistle, and that was from all three home stands. I think it helped having something to hold on to last Saturday.
  • Options
    watched the game on TV. Both family quadrants were sparsely populated - less than half full . Covered End lower A block had spare capacity and both Upper & Lower West Stand had loads of spare at the Jimmy Seed End. Couldnt see East until right at the end when ball went into an empty block with no ball boys . I wouldn't be surprised it the figure given was correct and whilst im sure the atmosphere was as good as its been all season it didnt come across as anything special on TV. If we do make Wembley maybe it will be more like the Blackburn Full Members cup crowd.
  • Options
    Just shows how "inflated" this season's attendance figures have been. More people in there tonight than any other game this srason by far. Obviously the lack of away fans compared to Blackburn makes a difference, but I can't see how another 12k people could have got in. I'd had said 17/18k. The Oak was rammed when I drove past an hour before k/o & there were people all over the road. More traffic than ever on the way home - queue all the way up Cemetery Lane & Ha Ha Rd solid all the way back to the hospital.
  • Options
    The jam getting out certainly didn’t feel like 14k worth.
  • Options
    The apathy of the missing Charlton fans matched the players
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Sure there was more in the ground than that. Covered end looked pretty full and not many spares in the West upper.

I think the Bournemouth fans forgot to show up last night, in the West upper.
  • Options
    Where were there 13000 empty seats in that ground last night?
  • Options
    2.5k empty seats in Jimmy seed stand
    10k elsewhere ? Not sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we all know normally the gate is vastly over stated due to ST holders not coming and no doubt 100's of comps gov out and not used.

I think last night was about right, although lots of people compared to usual in east and west, parts were still very empty.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Someone in the Facebook football stadia page reckons Shrewsbury outsang the home fans all night ?????????????

I understand why they say that. It's not quite true, but considering how few they were they had a good go.
    Contrary to other posts I was disappointed by the atmosphere. It fell flat quite a few times and there was no response to the goal a la Cardiff.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury didn’t let up and for a team that have outperformed but had a damp squib of a finish to the season , they were well up for it
  • Options
    By comparison millsmall had 12,568 for their semi final play off first leg
  • Options
    At least last nights attendance figures put to bed the idea that crowds will pick up when Roland sells. Once people stop attending they get out of the habit and do not return. Roland or no the gates will be around 8,00 or below which ever league we are in except for the premiership.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Where were there 13000 empty seats in that ground last night?

Quite easy to get there roughly

2.6k South
    3.5k East
    4K West
    2.5k quads
    250 North
  • Options

For a small bunch they didn’t shut up all game and didn’t half throw a decent mental when they scored.

That was quite impressive
  • Options
    Doesn't matter what the crowd was last night.

For our first home game next season regardless of what division we're in, i'd like to think we'll have close to 20k once the new owner is in, some decent signings are made and the boycotters return.

Onwards and upwards.