Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury - Post Match Views

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Ffs that hasn’t come out right. @Admin can you look into this please

Alignment when trying to draw formations isn’t doable
  • Options
    Last nights result feels like a slap round the chops / kick in the nuts, but what was good for me was to look across from the east stand and see lots and lots of filled seats in the north stand, upper and lower, take note Mr Muir of the potential at this club!

Atmosphere is much better in the north lower deffo and you feel more a part of what’s going on, although the east has better views of the pitch for contentious decisions, don’t normally sit in the east and was a bit surprised how much white hair / bald heads were in front of me, I thought I was in Eastbourne! (Apologies to our golden generation on here).
  • Options
    Cupboard End.
  • Options
    From where I sit in the Lower West, did anyone notice when Carlton Morris
    dangerously kicked Bauer in the head, no booking just a free kick
    then ref joking with him. Only one minute over played in the first half
    which was a joke. Second half Rodman hit Konsa in the face same as
    Morris in first half then gets booking. I fear if Fosu plays all the game in
    the 2nd leg he will get kicked to pieces. Very poor ref and joke 4th official.
    But we need to play a lot better in the return and make changes!
  • Options

Last nights result feels like a slap round the chops / kick in the nuts, but what was good for me was to look across from the east stand and see lots and lots of filled seats in the north stand, upper and lower, take note Mr Muir of the potential at this club!

Atmosphere is much better in the north lower deffo and you feel more a part of what’s going on, although the east has better views of the pitch for contentious decisions, don’t normally sit in the east and was a bit surprised how much white hair / bald heads were in front of me, I thought I was in Eastbourne! (Apologies to our golden generation on here).

The East stand does have a great view though, which explains why my player marks are the correct ones and all the Covered Enders get theirs wrong :smiley:

• Options
    AddickRam said:

Shrewsbury deserve respect for being a very organised, disciplined team hardest working team in the league.

They have that lower league physical mentality, which we tried to match by going direct and we lost the battle.

They didn't give us time and space to play and our players struggled to adapt and panicked by rushing the ball forward, it didn't help with poor decision making especially from our wide players Mavididi tried to run every time needs to know when and where, Reeves offered little width wanted to be a no10 and always played into trouble.

The defence and Amos were solid, Dasilva the most composed with his touch and when to play out, Kashi put in a real shift pressing and covering, sliding and screening.

Excellent analysis and totally how I saw it and surprised others not seen it the same.

But then Marshall was labelled shit not long ago and people are now shouting he must be in the team on Sunday.
  • Options
    Cheers for the link ooey, watching the goal back , good finish, but our guys were chasing shadows as the ball got pinged around the pitch.

Still the games gone now, and we’ve got to stay positive.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think it is a weakness of many referees. When a player does something reckless with intent or not, you ought to send a message out early in some way or another - whether that be a booking or a very stern talking to to ensure that others don't repeat it. Even at the level I manage, you see refs making allowances and somebody ends up getting injured. They forget the responsibility they have sometimes. A high boot can be very dangerous - damage eye etc... you do need to be on top of this. It shouldn't happen twice in the same match!
  • Options

On to Sunday - start with Fosu-Henry if he's fit and maybe Dijksteel instead of Konsa.

I'd start with Fosu even if he wasn't fit. He's got 8 goals away from home this season and we have to score. So he needs to play for as many minutes as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

On to Sunday - start with Fosu-Henry if he's fit and maybe Dijksteel instead of Konsa.

I'd start with Fosu even if he wasn't fit. He's got 8 goals away from home this season and we have to score. So he needs to play for as many minutes as possible.
    Fosu has to start - whereas a different result on Thursday may have allowed us to play him from the bench. If Fosu is at his best the game is won :)
  • Options
    Fosu unlikely to start and may not be fit enough for the bench
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I think that is a bit of mind games
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Catastrophe if correct.
  • Options
    Only looked like scoring in first 20 minutes.
    Big Josh had two golden chances. The longer the game went on, Shrewsbury looked like a team that finished 16 points above CAFC.
    Missing the X factor of Fosu for 90 minutes and Ricky Holmes !
    I Understand Zyro was poor in Rochdale game but the combo of Zyro and Ajose against Plymouth and Rotherham at home seemed the best pairing.
    Haven't read any other views but Bowyer quite rightly still believes.
    Does size matter ?
    It felt like it did on Thursday evening.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ross1 said:

If true I'd still like to see Marshall come in for Mavididi who does better when coming off the bench. Potentially Zyro in for Reeves and play Ajose on the wing but that's harder to call than bringing in a fit Fosu.
  • Options
    Highlight of my day was @PaddyP17 mate waiting 25 mins to get to the bar at the oak and coming back with 4 non alcoholic Heineken!
  • Options
    Fosu looked sharp enough to me. No way Bowyer would say anything else though - it is where the mind games come in.
  • Options

Does size matter ?
    It felt like it did on Thursday evening.

Don't let personal comments about your love tackle get you down

• Sponsored links:

• Options

They were always chatting to the ref, especially when their keeper was taking his time with his goal kicks.