Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury- MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:

Sorry to let you down, but rely on others to do match commentary as I am watching it on Sky. I rarely get chance to see them and after Saturday, I hope for a better performance

No worries Ross, you deserve a night off mate.
    Hear, hear!

Try and enjoy a match for once @ross1 without having to keep your eyes on Twatter etc.

You can come back for the final ... :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    That's prob our best 11 (except for Fosu)
    ross1 said:

For those not overly familiar with the Shrews - Their top scorer Payne is on the bench and their captain Ogogo has been out injured for the last few months - Striker Morris who starts today has no goals in 11 games (source BBC !)
  • Options
    Kaikai fans will be gutted.
  • Options
    Muir in cafc scarf with Paul Elliot. Cawley tweeted.
  • Options
    Andrew Muir at The Valley!!! Get in!!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Pre match feast and a few beers to settle the nerves. Feels wierd not being there.

We haven’t had a ‘what you eating / what you drinking’ sub plot on a Match Thread for a while!!

Accompanying me through the first half will be a microwaved chicken and prawn jambalaya, washed down with Budweiser.

Depending how the boys play there may be a cheeky Strawberry Cornetto in the offering at half time. Naughty.

Who has what lined up?
  • Options
    ITS HAPPENING
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Pre match feast and a few beers to settle the nerves. Feels wierd not being there.

We haven’t had a ‘what you eating / what you drinking’ sub plot on a Match Thread for a while!!

Accompanying me through the first half will be a microwaved chicken and prawn jambalaya, washed down with Budweiser.

Depending how the boys play there may be a cheeky Strawberry Cornetto in the offering at half time. Naughty.

Who has what lined up?
    Why are you not at the game AFKA?
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Who has what lined up?
    Just in from work 200 miles from The Valley. Sky Sports primed, 8 pack of pissy lager good to go, nerves shredded already.
  • Options

That's prob our best 11 (except for Fosu)

ross1 said:

For those not overly familiar with the Shrews - Their top scorer Payne is on the bench and their captain Ogogo has been out injured for the last few months - Striker Morris who starts today has no goals in 11 games (source BBC !)
    You know what that means :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not made my mind up food wise yet as I had a late lunch. Might wait till the wife gets in and see what she is thinking
  • Options
    Thanks for your good work in the last few games Marshy, but it's time to score some goals
  • Options
    edited May 2018

1StevieG said:

Who has what lined up?
    Complicated. No babysitter and promised Mrs AFKA she could go. Gutted
  • Options
    Anyone got a decent stream lined up? I usually use ronaldo7.net, but the game isn't listed on there
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Cricfree.sx. Hope you’ve got an ad blocker
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Who has what lined up?
    Complicated. No babysitter and promised Mrs AFKA she could go. Gutted
    Blimey you are a good husband. That must put some Browny points on the board.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Who has what lined up?
    In the fridge a carefully curated trio of Czech and German beers in ascending order of strength. Svijany 10, then the Pilsner Urquell, and then Jever from the German Baltic. Adding one of the Rugen Island brewery specials to be consumed only if we win by two goals.

In 10 minutes time the Czechs play Russia at ice hockey, which i will watch for a while to take my mind off the big one. Hoping to confuse the neighbours when I celebrate our goals,, during one of those frequent ice hockey breaks.

• Options

Anyone got a decent stream lined up? I usually use ronaldo7.net, but the game isn't listed on there

I will post up some options when it gets nearer kick off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are loads of people near the valley. Is there a show on nearby?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I will be watching on Sky later, is that right someone said Robinson is the guest in the studio?

Yeah unfortunately (edit Cawley tweeted it just now). My bullshit-detector is already off the chart so he must be about
    I've just put new batteries in the remote because the mute button is going to get some serious use tonight :wink: .
  • Options
    Does anyone know a live stream?
  • Options

UKTVNow Sky Sports Football.
  • Options
    BBC London 94.9 commentary team: Phil Parry and Steve "he won't let you down" Brown.

Oh, and some other chap butting in. I think he's a Nigel ...
  • Options

I hope it's Minto presenting and he can press KR about why results are so much better now he's gone.

Opening question:

Karl, how much of a surprise was it - Lord Bowyer leading your former club to 6 wins out of 10 with lots of clean sheets and into the play-offs - given what a clusterfcuk you made of your time in charge?
    And beating all of the top sides bar Scunthorpe, not giving leads in the last 5 minutes, and all with flexible team formations and the team staying and a lack of verbal diarrhoea?
  • Options
    Following on ESPN+from Walnut Creek, California. I have a few butterflies on this one. COYR!!
  • Options
    sm said:

I hope it's Minto presenting and he can press KR about why results are so much better now he's gone.

Opening question:

Karl, how much of a surprise was it - Lord Bowyer leading your former club to 6 wins out of 10 with lots of clean sheets and into the play-offs - given what a clusterfcuk you made of your time in charge?
    And beating all of the top sides bar Scunthorpe, not giving leads in the last 5 minutes, and all with flexible team formations and the team staying and a lack of verbal diarrhoea?
    The match would have to be postponed so that Sky had enough airtime available to broadcast Robbo's answer in its entirety.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!