Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Thurs 10 May | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Charlton set for biggest attendance of season in play-off clash against Shrewsbury tonight

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/937210045?-11197:833
  • Charlton to shit the big one again..... 0-2
  • Lee Bowyer talks so much sense. I think I agree with everything he says.
  • Since Bowyer has been in charge we have let in an average of 0.5 goals per game whereas it was 1.22 before. Certainly not because we have been more defensive. Obviously Jason Pearce been a big factor here.

Shrewsbury's strength is also defensive so won't be many goals over the 2 legs. Will be happy with a 1 0 win tonight.
  • ross1 said:
    All this and more can be found in Valley Review which is available to purchase from in and around the ground on Saturday, as well as in the Valley Superstore for £3.

Back issues are available from the 2017/18 season delivered to your door. Email lewis.uphill@cafc.co.uk or call the Ticket Office on 03330 14 44 44 for more information. The club’s 2017/18 handbook is also available to purchase from both the Superstore and the Ticket Office for £5.

• edited May 2018
    I know we'll go flat 4-4-2 and I just worry that teams, especially Shrewsbury on their day with their 4-1-4-1 can really swarm the midfield and cause us a lot of problems. And I just worry that we haven't properly payed for that yet. If that happens and we're forced to go back to front directly well, we say what happened on Saturday (though without Josh, a big distinction).

I expect the atmosphere at The Valley will be brilliant. And if we can knick an early goal, something we've been really good at under Bowyer, off someone's arse or shoulder or wherever it deflects off Jason Pearce that could be huge.

I've just got this feeling that we're going to see something tonight. Whether it's a win or a performance I don't know, and I'm probably jinxing it by writing this, but I'm just hoping it's another Blackburn where the crowd and the gaffer gee the team up and they go out and are more than the sum of their parts.

The most important player tonight could be Big Josh. If he can win his headers, hold play up, pester their defense, and defend well that could be the difference.

Come on you Reds, go out there and get an early goal.
  • Robert is driving down for the game - he has greater jet-lag recovery powers than me and I just hope I can stay awake to watch the game on TV! Will be there on Sunday.

As for tonight, I will be happy with taking any lead to the second leg. 2-1 to the mighty Addicks.

COYR!!
  • Ref is going to be so important. The Blackburn ref was excellent and I just fear that we might get an idiot who ruins the game with a nonsensical sending off. Whoever it is, he needs to take into account the high stakes and the pressure involved. Off to bed now, up at 4.30 am, live on Foxtel! COYR
  • Weirdly confident for tonight, under Robinson I'd have had this down as a 2/3 goal drubbing, but in all honesty under Bowyer I think we have to be considered the best side left in the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref is going to be so important. The Blackburn ref was excellent and I just fear that we might get an idiot who ruins the game with a nonsensical sending off. Whoever it is, he needs to take into account the high stakes and the pressure involved. Off to bed now, up at 4.30 am, live on Foxtel! COYR

The last time he reffed us, we won 1-5 at Bristol R.
  • Laddick01 said:

Weirdly confident for tonight, under Robinson I'd have had this down as a 2/3 goal drubbing, but in all honesty under Bowyer I think we have to be considered the best side left in the playoffs.

Under Robinson we'd be on holiday now! Feeling confident too, hopefully it's not misguided!
  • If only we had a couple of decent strikers! If we play like we did against Plymouth and Blackburn then we should win. I would take an 'off his arse' goal and a 1-0 win.
  • redman said:

Since Bowyer has been in charge we have let in an average of 0.5 goals per game whereas it was 1.22 before. Certainly not because we have been more defensive. Obviously Jason Pearce been a big factor here.

Shrewsbury's strength is also defensive so won't be many goals over the 2 legs. Will be happy with a 1 0 win tonight.

when people say things like this there ends up being loads of goals so on that basis 4-1 tonight and 3-3 on Sunday

• Got a feeling we will get a penalty tonight
  • win tonight by a couple of goals and we can go to there place and defend, Shrewsbury have won a lot of there games this season 1-0, so there not ones for scoring loads as others have said playoffs are usually quite low scoring affairs.
  • My arsehole's gone.
  • My arsehole's gone.

Nah, it hasn’t. Your talking out of it ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to say I have got a bad feeling about this one.0-2.
  • Completely changed my mind and have backed us to win 4-1. This might be to do with the fact that I’ve had “some” beers.
  • Is it still 3 goals, 3 points, Free Beer?
  • Lewis Page

Verified account

@LewisPage3
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    Looking forward to being down at a rocking valley tonight , never nice missing these big games with injury but buzzing to see the boys do the business!! Come on!!! #playoffs #cafc @CAFCofficial

Karlan

@karlangrant
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    All the best to @CAFCofficial tonight! looking forward to being back down there & supporting the boys #Cafc

Morgan Fox

Verified account

@MA_Fox
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    All the best to the @CAFCofficial lads tonight!!

• Diego Poyet

Verified account

@diegopoyet7
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    All the best to @CAFCofficial on their play off game tonight!! COYR
  • edited May 2018
    https://pbs.twimg.com/amplify_video_thumb/994535473677729792/img/5Ollxp3v0QVTqb_h.jpg

The man for the big occasion! The #GAWA will be backing Josh Magennis & @CAFCofficial as they begin their League One Playoff semi-finals against Shrewsbury Town tonight!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!