Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Thurs 10 May | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    i think both sets of fans also play a different part;

Shrewsbury fans see it as if they win they win but its been a great season never the less, and there calling it one of the biggest games in the clubs history.

Charlton fans see it as in my opinion playoffs was bare minimum, i personally don't see this as one our biggest games.

for that reason i think we get to Wembley but really don't want to play Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Don't do predictions as am super superstitious.
    Can't believe I'm not going to be there :-(
    Even worse, got friends visiting and a table booked at a local restaurant for k/o
    How my life has changed.

Please please give the boys the loudest, rocking Valley experience ever for me xxxx
  • Options
    Play off record:

1987 Won
    1996 Lost in semi-final
    1998 Won
    2010 Lost in semi-final
    2018 ???

Following this sequence it should be a trip to Wembley and promotion.

However ...

Semi-final oppos:

1987 Ipswich
    1996 Nigels
    1998 Ipswich
    2010 Swindon
    2018 Shrewsbury

Perhaps Shrews can change their name for a few days as we've only beaten the Suffolk mugs in play-off semis.

Bugger it ...

2-0 to us on Thursday, BFG or Pearce to get the opener (header from a set-piece), Big Mag to finish it off.

1-1 in the second leg, Ajose with a second-half equaliser.

Lord Bowyer to lead the mighty Addicks out at Wembley and promotion.

#InLordBowyerWeTrust
  • Options
    Paul Hurst: Shrewsbury Town boss feels his side are play-off underdogs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44053669
  • Options
    Me be selfish
    2-0 loss tomorrow
    Then win 3-0 away scoring in the last minute
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

I'd like to think that Katrien and Nobinson will both be sitting at home (probably their own individual homes, although it could also be that Karl has invited Katrien round for a banquet of McCain's Oven Chips and Alphabet Spaghetti) on Thursday night saying to themselves "look how much they've improved since I've stopped hindering them with my incompetence, stupidity and arrogance". I doubt they will. They're probably both convinced they laid the foundations for our late season surge. Anyway, f%ck 'em.

This is the weirdest season ever, I'm sure we've been dire for at least two thirds of it but I'm convinced that we're going up. Wimbledon have already denied us a place at Wembley in the FA Cup this season and I can now see that this was an act of kindness to ensure that our first trip to the new Wembley is a meaningful one.

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

I've got a bad feeling that Karl Robinson will be the studio guest for our Play-Offs games

SKY have got history of getting him in for their Live Games at this level
    I think I'll actually write to Sky and complain if that happens. And I'll hunt him down in Shrewsbury on Sunday afternoon and tell him what I think of him.
    What was the expression, 'all mouth and 29 inside leg'?
    Not sure who that applies to...
  • Options

MrLargo said:

I'd like to think that Katrien and Nobinson will both be sitting at home (probably their own individual homes, although it could also be that Karl has invited Katrien round for a banquet of McCain's Oven Chips and Alphabet Spaghetti) on Thursday night saying to themselves "look how much they've improved since I've stopped hindering them with my incompetence, stupidity and arrogance". I doubt they will. They're probably both convinced they laid the foundations for our late season surge. Anyway, f%ck 'em.

This is the weirdest season ever, I'm sure we've been dire for at least two thirds of it but I'm convinced that we're going up. Wimbledon have already denied us a place at Wembley in the FA Cup this season and I can now see that this was an act of kindness to ensure that our first trip to the new Wembley is a meaningful one.

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

I've got a bad feeling that Karl Robinson will be the studio guest for our Play-Offs games

If they want a league one manager who has previously managed us there is only one candidate.
    Leave Karel Fraeye out of this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 bowman said:

Dunno about the score apart from that we will win of course but skybet offering 33/1 for Jason Pearce first scorer has got to be worth a punt

He scores with his arse
    He scores with his arse
    Jason Pearce, he scores with his arse.
  • Options
    0-0 but we win up there
  • Options
    Usually, playoff games are quite tight.

Charlton 1-0 Shrewsbury
    Shrewsbury 1-1 Charlton

Millwall & Huddersfield drew at home 0-0 1st leg last year and both got promotion in the end. Last 2 seasons the play-off winners Millwall & Barnsley both finished 6th in the league.

• Options
    Always nice to hear the opposition manager getting his excuses in early.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Always nice to hear the opposition manager getting his excuses in early.

Also trying to deflect pressure from his team, maybe with no expectations they will play better?

• Options
    A very tight game. Shrewsbury only conceded 39 all season (2nd best). Charlton conceded 51.
    Furthermore Shrewsbury only let in 12 first half goals.
    They scored 60, we scored 58.

I'll say 1-0 to Charlton and I'd be very pleased if we won by 2.
    I think we'll scrape through overall.
  • Options
    Who scores first wins.
    1-0 either way.
  • Options
    May be a time to change it up if we win the toss and try to get the first goal in front of the covered end.
  • Options
    Tartan pitch to match the tartan blankets...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Well he would say that, wouldn't he?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

I think I'll actually write to Sky and complain if that happens. And I'll hunt him down in Shrewsbury on Sunday afternoon and tell him what I think of him.
    I'll join you.
    And stick Robinson's Britvic where the sun shines out.
  • Options

May be a time to change it up if we win the toss and try to get the first goal in front of the covered end.

Please no. Never ends well. Hurts my OCD and the superstitious side of me!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

If they want a league one manager who has previously managed us there is only one candidate.
    SCP and KR
    Just SCP. KR didn't manage us, he mis-managed.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

How can they be classed as underdogs ? They were in the top 2 for most of the season. More bollox spouted by a manager. The more I listen to Bowyer the more I like what I hear. He is positive & the players have bought into that. First post match interview he said.."we'll get into the playoffs, of that I have no doubt"

And he weren't wrong.
  • Options
    Head says 1-1 tonight. Heart says 3-1. COYR!
  • Options
    Difficult to predict...but I'm hoping for a comprehensive win to try and take pressure off Sundays game.
  • Options
    My first visit to the valley in over 20 years without my boy as he’s on holiday, (mind you so am I from tonight) really looking forward to the atmosphere should really be rocking. 2-0 to answer the question, just to give a little interest for Sunday, but not to much.
  • Options
    Would be nice to have a convincing win tonight. 4-0.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!