Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Thurs 10 May | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Will they target Jay in the air? I'm assuming Page's knee isn't healed yet.
    Have we decided Konsa is a better RB than Dijksteel.
    Sad to see that Zyro has flopped so badly. I thought for a couple of games he looked quite a bit better than Magennis.
    Nerve wracking business.
    2-1? No idea, but Bowyer keeps delivering when it matters, so hopefully a win.
  • Options
    Looking at a Shrewsbury fans site - they have only sold 450ish so far for tomorrow!!
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Looking at a Shrewsbury fans site - they have only sold 450ish so far for tomorrow!!

Did they bring a lot for the Football for a Fiver game?

Their average attendance at the New Meadow is only 6,200 for the season, so only having about 5,000 fans its always going to be a difficult ask for a lot of their fans to travel to South East London for a Thursday night game, especially when it can be watched from home
  • Options
    edited May 2018

cafc_se7 said:

Their average attendance at the New Meadow is only 6,200 for the season, so only having about 5,000 fans its always going to be a difficult ask for a lot of their fans to travel to South East London for a Thursday night game, especially when it can be watched from home
    I think they had between 1500 and 2000. Accept the fact their average attendance is only 5000 or so but this is one of the biggest games in their history, I thought they would take at least a 1000 for a semi final tie!
  • Options
    2-0 home win.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

cafc_se7 said:

I think they had between 1500 and 2000. Accept the fact their average attendance is only 5000 or so but this is one of the biggest games in their history, I thought they would take at least a 1000 for a semi final tie!
    It would be a bit disappointing if they brought less than 1000, for a massive game for them. They've not been in the second tier since 1989.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I'd like to think that Katrien and Nobinson will both be sitting at home (probably their own individual homes, although it could also be that Karl has invited Katrien round for a banquet of McCain's Oven Chips and Alphabet Spaghetti) on Thursday night saying to themselves "look how much they've improved since I've stopped hindering them with my incompetence, stupidity and arrogance". I doubt they will. They're probably both convinced they laid the foundations for our late season surge. Anyway, f%ck 'em.

This is the weirdest season ever, I'm sure we've been dire for at least two thirds of it but I'm convinced that we're going up. Wimbledon have already denied us a place at Wembley in the FA Cup this season and I can now see that this was an act of kindness to ensure that our first trip to the new Wembley is a meaningful one.

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

I've got a bad feeling that Karl Robinson will be the studio guest for our Play-Offs games

SKY have got history of getting him in for their Live Games at this level
  • Options

uie2 said:

Which games live on Sky, Thursday or Sunday?

All play off games are live on Sky.
    Tomorrow nights game is the only one not listed on sky website as being on live, Wet Spam playing Manure at same time and is Main Event, not sure if this is admin error or simply not being shown
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

I'd like to think that Katrien and Nobinson will both be sitting at home (probably their own individual homes, although it could also be that Karl has invited Katrien round for a banquet of McCain's Oven Chips and Alphabet Spaghetti) on Thursday night saying to themselves "look how much they've improved since I've stopped hindering them with my incompetence, stupidity and arrogance". I doubt they will. They're probably both convinced they laid the foundations for our late season surge. Anyway, f%ck 'em.

This is the weirdest season ever, I'm sure we've been dire for at least two thirds of it but I'm convinced that we're going up. Wimbledon have already denied us a place at Wembley in the FA Cup this season and I can now see that this was an act of kindness to ensure that our first trip to the new Wembley is a meaningful one.

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

I've got a bad feeling that Karl Robinson will be the studio guest for our Play-Offs games

I think I'll actually write to Sky and complain if that happens. And I'll hunt him down in Shrewsbury on Sunday afternoon and tell him what I think of him.
  • Options

uie2 said:

Which games live on Sky, Thursday or Sunday?

All play off games are live on Sky.
    Tomorrow nights game is the only one not listed on sky website as being on live, Wet Spam playing Manure at same time and is Main Event, not sure if this is admin error or simply not being shown
    They're on Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Premier League, we're on Sky Sports Football.

"Charlton Athletic host Shrewsbury Town at The Valley in the first leg of their Sky Bet League One play-off semi-final. The Shrews won 2-0 when the sides met here in the regular season."

I like how they miss that we won 2-0 at their place on the programme guide info!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

They'll have to extend the air time once he starts talking bahollocks......
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton, huge performance leading us into the second leg. I think we will have too much for them and will put them under immense pressure. I don’t think Shrewsbury will be capable of handling the pressure and the occasion.

• Options

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

If they want a league one manager who has previously managed us there is only one candidate.
    SCP and KR
  • Options
    I used to really look forward to night games at the Valley.....haven't really been fussed for a few years now.

BUT cannot wait for tomorrow night, will get the buzz all day at work about it.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

If they want a league one manager who has previously managed us there is only one candidate.
    SCP and KR
    Yes I'm well aware that 2 people fit the criteria. That was the point of my post. I was quite obviously saying that it should be SCP.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Shrewsburys last 6 league games;

Shrewsbury 0 - Mk dons 1
    Blackpool 1 - Shrewsbury 1
    Shrewsbury 3 - Peterborough 1
    Shrewsbury 1 - bury 1
    Shrewsbury 0 - Charlton 2
    Bradford 0 - Shrewsbury 0

doesn't exactly scream form to me a mixed bag, the only flip side is they have been consigned to playoffs during those 6 games so unsure if they have been doing work etc and resting players.

i love the confidence our fans are having many thinking it will be job done tomorrow night - if our attacking players have there scoring boots on then yeah but we cannot be squandering chance after chance, like we have in many other games this season, shrewbury finished 3rd in the league for a reason
  • Options
    Really hope we start bang up for it like the Plymouth and Northampton games, couple of early goals and a 2-0 lead after 45 minutes, Shrewsbury heads drop and we finish them off second half as they press for a goal.

4-0 to us and the tie over.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

8-0 Charlton.

Roland Out.

The man is incoherent and incomprehensible - they even had to put sub-titles on the screen for him at the Valley on one occasion. But then it is Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta make The Valley an intimating place for Shrews tomorrow night.... Spur the side on, the proverbial 12th man !! I think we need a 2 goal cushion to ease the tension (mine as well as the players!!).

Feeling sick at the thought of the match, COYRS, don't die wondering !! #ROLANDOUT
  • Options

Shrewsburys last 6 league games;

Shrewsbury 0 - Mk dons 1
    Blackpool 1 - Shrewsbury 1
    Shrewsbury 3 - Peterborough 1
    Shrewsbury 1 - bury 1
    Shrewsbury 0 - Charlton 2
    Bradford 0 - Shrewsbury 0

doesn't exactly scream form to me a mixed bag, the only flip side is they have been consigned to playoffs during those 6 games so unsure if they have been doing work etc and resting players.

Relegation form. 6 points from 6 games, 4 of which were at home.
  • Options
    aslong as we have an advantage heading up to shrewsbury then i think were at wembley
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    If Macedonia qualifies to the Eurovision final I'm pretty certain Mavididi will score 2.
    1 for each...
    ...and they're red...
    Leeeaaabbbuuuurrrrrnn !!!!
  • Options
    5-0
  • Options

Had a dream we won 1-0. Although it was through Adel Taarabt with a free kick under the wall, so not sure it tells us much.

Do you often dream about Adel Taarabt?
  • Options

If Macedonia qualifies to the Eurovision final I'm pretty certain Mavididi will score 2.
    1 for each...
    ...and they're red...
    Leeeaaabbbuuuurrrrrnn !!!!

...shit, she didn't. ..
    Its gonna be a hat trick then
  • Options
    Dunno about the score apart from that we will win of course but skybet offering 33/1 for Jason Pearce first scorer has got to be worth a punt
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!