Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Thurs 10 May | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Another 2-0 here looking forward to the game and strangely confident.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury 1-0

We'll win the reverse 2-0.

• Options
    The return of Fosu-Henry and Mavididi will be a considerable boost to our play off chances... but will this game be a little early for the former? Probably, I guess.

We can win this, but Shrewsbury won't simply lie down, even if they may be a little disheartened from missing out on the automatics. If we don't go for it and break them down, we could be in serious trouble over the two legs.

We've got the skill and the form to go all the way, but we need the boys to want it, to fight for it. Win at all costs, even if we win ugly, as a home win would take the pressure off somewhat for the away leg.

Charlton to win 3-1. Forster-Caskey to bang one in from range.
  • Options
    Feel like there has to be an element of pressure on the Shrews players considering how far clear in third place they were by the end - meanwhile for us sneaking in at the end means it's a bit of a shot to nothing in a way.

Have a feeling Shrews will be set up to not get beat and maybe nick a goal but knowing 0-0 would suit them fine - if we can get an early goal it'll settle the nerves and force Shrews to have a go and if that happens I think we win 3-1.

But if no early goal then it's got 0-0 written all over it.
  • Options
    Whoever takes the lead, I imagine the other team will remain cagey. A one goal defeat either way will easily be rectifiable in the second leg.

Lets face it Shrewsbury isn't one of those away venues where the cauldron of noise and hostile home supporters could sway the match!
  • Options
    I reckon Mav will start. I'd play the diamond and hope to score a couple in the first leg.

Ajose Magennis
    Mavididi
    JFC Reeves
    Kashi
    JDS Pearce Bauer Konsa
    Amos

3-1 Charlton

Mag Mav and Bauer
  • Options
    1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I reckon Mav will start. I'd play the diamond and hope to score a couple in the first leg.

Ajose Magennis
    Mavididi
    JFC Reeves
    Kashi
    JDS Pearce Bauer Konsa
    Amos

3-1 Charlton

Mag Mav and Bauer

Perfectly put my Surrey mucker
  • Options
    A narrow 1-0 win which I would gladly take.
  • Options
    3-0 to LB's Red&White Army.
  • Options

Don't expect many goals - particularly as since the early flurry we haven't managed many under Bowyer but conversely we look a lot more solid at the back than under KR.

Hoping for 1-0 to us but wouldn't be surprised if it's 0-0 which I'd be happy enough with.

Remember - no away goals rule in the play-offs

Therefore 0-0 no good.
    It’s perfectly okay as it means the game is effectively 0-0 at half-time. Then win 1-0 there like we did a few weeks back....

• Options
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

No away goal rule. If scores are level after 2 matches it goes to ET then pens.
  • Options
    No mucking about,4-4-2 Go for it, home leg, first two goals vital, if we go 2-0 job done! 1-1, might just be too much too do away from home. Traveling support would be vital at Shrewsbury, if we are 1-1

But please boys just put the the effort in, Covered end will do the rest!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Which games live on Sky, Thursday or Sunday?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Which games live on Sky, Thursday or Sunday?

All play off games are live on Sky.
  • Options
    good news that away goals don't count double - can push on a bit knowing that letting in 1 wont be too much of a hindrance (when they do count double an away side is better off losing 2-1 than 1-0)

However, if we let one in early - or at all - then I can't see us getting much. We have been awful after conceding first this season - only 1 win I believe in about a dozen games. Its not that we go behind but the fact we then just can't seem to break teams down & spend the rest of the game going backwards & sideways.

1-1.
  • Options
    I've just won the better half of a desperate chicken wishbone contest, so I'm with happyvalley on this one.
  • Options
    Same feeling as 2010. Delighted we are involved but know deep down we are not good enough to win it.

0.0 and someone skies a penalty in the second leg.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I hope there’s not an over nervousness in the crowd on thurs. It’s a happy roll of the dice. We sneaked into the play offs and if we don’t make it, the takeover probably happens quicker. Win win.
    The pressure is all on Shrewsbury.
    If they lose their team probably gets picked apart in the summer including the manager.
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about this , for some reason. 2 - 0 Charlton , Ajose and KFC.
  • Options
    Our weakest single position is right-back, Konsa doesn't stop enough crosses coming in and doesn't get forward enough.

Our biggest overall weakness is that we don't create enough chances.

So it's imperative that Konsa gets some cover and we don't let in any goals.
  • Options
    Been hoping we got Shrews in the play offs, but as we get closer, the more nervous I'm getting!
    Something is telling me 3-0 though!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Been hoping we got Shrews in the play offs, but as we get closer, the more nervous I'm getting!
    Something is telling me 3-0 though!

I'm already really nervous, but last night I dreamt that we won 3-0 (I think I woke up punching the air). So, I hope that's prophetic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!