Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury (A) ticket sales.

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

redman said:

Went to the Valley and got mine. Arrived about 8.45 and about 35 in queue. When I left at about 9.45 I would say about another 35 in queue. Less busy than I thought so this probably accounts for only about 200 tickets at that stage.
    Ticket office staff pretty efficient and friendly with 4 open for most of the time although people did keep coming and going which was a bit odd.

The old fashioned way of getting tickets never disappoints. Bit of a queue but at least you have the satisfaction of having the ticket given to you.
    Still fail to see why they could not have done this for the home leg.
    Do you ever stop elfs.
    I hear Orcs are good for that. Or bar bills.

Seriously though am hoping to buy elfs a beer at some point soon.
    Very decent of you.

Will be in The Bricklayers from 19.15 tonight.
  • Options

Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    Everything went super quick, credit card details accepted by my bank.
    Then .....nothing. No ref number, no e-mail confirmation.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.
    So now i'm thinking- have i been scammed?

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "
    Hmm - only if cafc took my funds.
    So had no choice but pay again and finally collected my 2 tickets.

Cafc what a car crash
    . I acknowledge being of the older less techno generation.

For the record, in case anybody is frightened off of using online for purchase of Shrews away.

Spoke again with MasterCard this evening, apparently the funds have not been withdrawn from the account.
    If they have not been withdrawn in the next 2 or 3 days the funds will be returned to me.
    I had a couple of problems at the beginning of the season where the system took the money for away tickets but didn’t complete the sale. Had several hundred pounds refunded on production of credit card statements showing the ghost transaction. I was told that it was a known fault which had arisen during an upgrade and although it was a pain the staff were helpful and I got my refund eventually.

In those cases the transactions appeared to crash when taking payment - I only discovered later they had gone through as far as the bank was concerned.

I avoided using the same browser/OS set-up again until recently, although the club said the problem had been fixed, but when I did it was OK.

However, my other half spoke to an older fan who had had the same experience recently for a home ticket, being charged but the sale not recorded. The club asked for his bank statement for their records, which he wasn’t prepared to give to them, so they reached an impasse and he wrote the money off.
    I guess you can't remember, but did you get a confirmation screen and booking reference when you unsuccessfully bought those away tickets?
    No, it crashed when taking payment.
    Thanks. That's terrible if a system can fail to complete the transaction BUT still take the money. I would have hoped that their internal accounting systems would have spotted the inconsistency of money being received and not allocated against a ticket...
    I can understand why they ask for evidence for the records but I can also see why people would resist handing over their bank statements to a football club. I guess without that there is no link to the individual.
    I got duplicately charged for MK Dons away but called the bank and they refunded one of them
  • Options

So much for those people who said we woudnt sell out the away leg ...'no way' .

And at the rate of sales so far we'd have smashed the Rotherham allocation as well which again people doubted.
    I very much doubt it.
    Of the 8 of us going sunday 4 might of done Rotherham.
  • Options
    Sell out close, limited availability etc

Why not just say how many sold / how many left?
  • Options
    When I got mine at 1pm yesterday, the girl serving me (who was brilliant by the way) had to go to another colleague to get two tickets together as she only had singles left.

Will Shrewsbury release the remaining 300 tickets for the away stand or are they being deliberately left for Charlton fans who turn up on the day or being used as a 'buffer zone' like the dead blocks at The Valley?
  • Options

Wow we’re gonna sell out a play off semi , soooo proud of us

There were some people on here last week questioning whether we'd sell out. We've done it in 3 days.
  • Options

Have a day off
  • Options
    tbh i don't think and we will never know if we would get 3000 up to rotherham on a weds night, we slag millwall off enough for it but a serious case of fans coming out of the woodwork for these games, doesn't bother me as i think the fans not attending home games is because of ownership and the league we are in, and if we don't go up will be the same again next season.
  • Options
    Been in phone queue for over half an hour. Guess majority are buying home leg tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In division 3 before it made season ticket holders.
  • Options

The Swindon away game 8 years ago? No restrictions, all on general sale back then. Massive mistake by the senior management at the time.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

When I got mine at 1pm yesterday, the girl serving me (who was brilliant by the way) had to go to another colleague to get two tickets together as she only had singles left.

Will Shrewsbury release the remaining 300 tickets for the away stand or are they being deliberately left for Charlton fans who turn up on the day or being used as a 'buffer zone' like the dead blocks at The Valley?

If you were a season ticket holder you would not have had hassle
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Addickted said:

If you were a season ticket holder you would not have had hassle
    in getting tickets :-)

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Have a day off
    Don't work on Sundays , so no need to
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Have a day off
    You're boring
  • Options
    Ordered on line yesterday, arrived in the post today so pretty efficient really
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Have a day off
    You're boring
    Really, I’ve not mentioned our magnificent away numbers for a good while oh exciting one
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Have a day off
    You're boring
    Really, I’ve not mentioned our magnificent away numbers for a good while oh exciting one
    GROWN.MAN.
  • Options
    Cheer up , it’s play off day and the tension and build up is growing
    COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3000 to rotherham midweek have a day off
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    shirty5 said:

The Swindon away game 8 years ago? No restrictions, all on general sale back then. Massive mistake by the senior management at the time.
    Although you’re right that it was a shambles and the restrictions were totally inadequate, tickets for that game did not go on general sale.

One of the reasons the club would not put in place additional restrictions was that it was struggling to sell tickets for the home leg, at a time when far fewer people bought online - no print at home either.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Although you’re right that it was a shambles and the restrictions were totally inadequate, tickets for that game did not go on general sale.
    If my memory serves me correct it was any season ticket holder who had been to two away matches were eligible.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

shirty5 said:

One of the reasons the club would not put in place additional restrictions was that it was struggling to sell tickets for the home leg, as a time when far fewer people bought online - no print at home either.
    I stand to be corrected on that one (re general sale) however always remember the chaos that Monday morning. Came straight off a night shift and headed down to the ground. At least 50 in front of me and it was an hour and half before the office opened. 2 hours later got said tickets and walked past a queue that was up by the club shop.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/34293/swindon-away-ticket-restrictions-13-50-update-sold-out/p1
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

One of the reasons the club would not put in place additional restrictions was that it was struggling to sell tickets for the home leg, as a time when far fewer people bought online - no print at home either.
    I stand to be corrected on that one (re general sale) however always remember the chaos that Monday morning. Came straight off a night shift and headed down to the ground. At least 50 in front of me and it was an hour and half before the office opened. 2 hours later got said tickets and walked past a queue that was up by the club shop.
    Also selling home tickets that morning, though. It took five hours to sell the away tickets out, but no question the club got it badly wrong.

I’d been off the week before because I was standing in the general election. I got some restrictions put in by lobbying after the Oldham game on the Saturday but there was a very strong view internally that staff wouldn’t have time to validate detailed criteria. That was underpinned by a misreading of the demand, which led some people to believe it was unnecessary.
  • Options
    For the Swindon home game I told the site that I was just popping out for 5 minutes and when to the ground to buy a ticket and came back an hour and a half later. :smiley:
  • Options
    Under 100 away tickets left according to ticket office.
  • Options
    Got a pair for me and my dad this weekend. Can't wait, will be watching the game tonight on TV as well.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

And at the rate of sales so far we'd have smashed the Rotherham allocation as well which again people doubted.
    I very much doubt it.
    Have.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    clb74 said:

I very much doubt it.
    With less than 100 remaining which will no doubt all shift tonight that's 1,500 sold without even making it to general sale I still maintain we would have sold Rotherham out especially with a positive 1st leg result. Yes Rotherham away is a Wednesday evening but it's hardly Christmas Night either :)