Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury (A) ticket sales.

Comments

• Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    Everything went super quick, credit card details accepted by my bank.
    Then .....nothing. No ref number, no e-mail confirmation.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.
    So now i'm thinking- have i been scammed?

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "
    Hmm - only if cafc took my funds.
    So had no choice but pay again and finally collected my 2 tickets.

Cafc what a car crash
    . I acknowledge being of the older less techno generation.

For the record, in case anybody is frightened off of using online for purchase of Shrews away.

Spoke again with MasterCard this evening, apparently the funds have not been withdrawn from the account.
    If they have not been withdrawn in the next 2 or 3 days the funds will be returned to me.
    I had a couple of problems at the beginning of the season where the system took the money for away tickets but didn’t complete the sale. Had several hundred pounds refunded on production of credit card statements showing the ghost transaction. I was told that it was a known fault which had arisen during an upgrade and although it was a pain the staff were helpful and I got my refund eventually.

In those cases the transactions appeared to crash when taking payment - I only discovered later they had gone through as far as the bank was concerned.

I avoided using the same browser/OS set-up again until recently, although the club said the problem had been fixed, but when I did it was OK.

However, my other half spoke to an older fan who had had the same experience recently for a home ticket, being charged but the sale not recorded. The club asked for his bank statement for their records, which he wasn’t prepared to give to them, so they reached an impasse and he wrote the money off.
    I guess you can't remember, but did you get a confirmation screen and booking reference when you unsuccessfully bought those away tickets?
    No, it crashed when taking payment.
    Thanks. That's terrible if a system can fail to complete the transaction BUT still take the money. I would have hoped that their internal accounting systems would have spotted the inconsistency of money being received and not allocated against a ticket...
    I can understand why they ask for evidence for the records but I can also see why people would resist handing over their bank statements to a football club. I guess without that there is no link to the individual.
    but you could redact all the irrelevant information. As long as it shows the persons name and address and just the appropriate transaction then that would surely suffice.

• Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "

Cafc what a car crash

For the record, in case anybody is frightened off of using online for purchase of Shrews away.

Spoke again with MasterCard this evening, apparently the funds have not been withdrawn from the account.
    If they have not been withdrawn in the next 2 or 3 days the funds will be returned to me.
    I had a couple of problems at the beginning of the season where the system took the money for away tickets but didn’t complete the sale. Had several hundred pounds refunded on production of credit card statements showing the ghost transaction. I was told that it was a known fault which had arisen during an upgrade and although it was a pain the staff were helpful and I got my refund eventually.

In those cases the transactions appeared to crash when taking payment - I only discovered later they had gone through as far as the bank was concerned.

I avoided using the same browser/OS set-up again until recently, although the club said the problem had been fixed, but when I did it was OK.

However, my other half spoke to an older fan who had had the same experience recently for a home ticket, being charged but the sale not recorded. The club asked for his bank statement for their records, which he wasn’t prepared to give to them, so they reached an impasse and he wrote the money off.
    I guess you can't remember, but did you get a confirmation screen and booking reference when you unsuccessfully bought those away tickets?
    Thanks. That's terrible if a system can fail to complete the transaction BUT still take the money. I would have hoped that their internal accounting systems would have spotted the inconsistency of money being received and not allocated against a ticket...
    I can understand why they ask for evidence for the records but I can also see why people would resist handing over their bank statements to a football club. I guess without that there is no link to the individual.
    but you could redact all the irrelevant information. As long as it shows the persons name and address and just the appropriate transaction then that would surely suffice.

Wasn’t my issue, Large. I sent them what I was willing to share of mine, but that was for over £200, from recollection. This guy was £15. The point is the problem may still exist.
  • DA9 said:

Just got my 80+ year old neighbours away ticket, couldn’t find the link when I signed in on my account, no joy on the phone, luckily, was driving from Greenwich to woolwich on jobs so stopped off, 2 people queuing, gave his details, £15 over 65 ticket.

Just wear a grey wig on Sunday and stoop a bit, nobody will notice :wink:

Cafc what a car crash

Wasn’t my issue, Large. I sent them what I was willing to share of mine, but that was for over £200, from recollection. This guy was £15. The point is the problem may still exist.
    I know, it was more a general point regarding getting a refund and providing proof of payment.
  • DA9 said:

Just got my 80+ year old neighbours away ticket, couldn’t find the link when I signed in on my account, no joy on the phone, luckily, was driving from Greenwich to woolwich on jobs so stopped off, 2 people queuing, gave his details, £15 over 65 ticket.

Just wear a grey wig on Sunday and stoop a bit, nobody will notice :wink:
    Lol, genuinely not for me

Cafc what a car crash

Something to hide....?
  • redman said:

Went to the Valley and got mine. Arrived about 8.45 and about 35 in queue. When I left at about 9.45 I would say about another 35 in queue. Less busy than I thought so this probably accounts for only about 200 tickets at that stage.
    Ticket office staff pretty efficient and friendly with 4 open for most of the time although people did keep coming and going which was a bit odd.

The old fashioned way of getting tickets never disappoints. Bit of a queue but at least you have the satisfaction of having the ticket given to you.
  • shirty5 said:

redman said:

Went to the Valley and got mine. Arrived about 8.45 and about 35 in queue. When I left at about 9.45 I would say about another 35 in queue. Less busy than I thought so this probably accounts for only about 200 tickets at that stage.
    Ticket office staff pretty efficient and friendly with 4 open for most of the time although people did keep coming and going which was a bit odd.

The old fashioned way of getting tickets never disappoints. Bit of a queue but at least you have the satisfaction of having the ticket given to you.
    Still fail to see why they could not have done this for the home leg.
  • clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

redman said:

Do you ever stop elfs.
    It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

redman said:

... and the chance to have a good old moan with those in the queue with you :-)
  • We sold out yet?
  • shirty5 said:

redman said:

... and the chance to have a good old moan with those in the queue with you :-)
    Have we met?
  • shirty5 said:

redman said:

True

It does avoid the stress when your ticket in the post hasn't arrived after 3 days!
  • any update on how many sold.
  • There aren't many tickets for Sunday's away leg at @shrewsweb remaining so, if want to cheer on the lads in Shropshire, make sure you get yours quickly!

• Bit frustrating, been Doncaster, MK Dons, Pompey, Rotherham and Northampton away this season but only booked Pompey online so guessing I won't qualify for the 5?

If you bought at the Charlton ticket office and provided your ID number that would count?
    I bought tickets on the day at MK, Rotherham, Donny, only bought Northampton and Pompey online. I don't think they'll accept photos of the tickets as proof haha
  • Riviera said:

Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.

Cafc what a car crash

Something to hide....?
    I don’t know the guy, he just happened to be chatting to my other half about it. I think he was an older person and just wanted to voice his frustration to someone.
  • The ticket office is open until 7pm tonight, so still time for S/T holders to grab one before tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    shirty5 said:

redman said:

This with knobs on !!!

I now have 2 tickets for the away leg (ON SUNDAY) which I bought IN PERSON this afternoon. I'm still waiting for the 3 tickets for the home game (TOMORROW) that I bought OVER THE PHONE on Monday.

And they call that progress !!!!!

PS. Queue on the phone - 10 mins. Queue at the ticket Office - Zero. No-one else there at 3.30 this afternoon.
  • shirty5 said:

redman said:

This with knobs on !!!

I now have 2 tickets for the away leg (ON SUNDAY) which I bought IN PERSON this afternoon. I'm still waiting for the 3 tickets for the home game (TOMORROW) that I bought OVER THE PHONE on Monday.

And they call that progress !!!!!

PS. Queue on the phone - 10 mins. Queue at the ticket Office - Zero. No-one else there at 3.30 this afternoon.
    Tbf, you said they were sent to an incorrect e mail address, because you didn't check they had taken it down correctly.
  • So much for those people who said we woudnt sell out the away leg ...'no way' .
  • So much for those people who said we woudnt sell out the away leg ...'no way' .

It would have been pretty disappointing if we hadn't sold out the away end, when you consider what's at stake and that we have a reasonable chance of winning the semi final

And at the rate of sales so far we'd have smashed the Rotherham allocation as well which again people doubted.
  • clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

redman said:

Do you ever stop elfs.
    I hear Orcs are good for that. Or bar bills.

Seriously though am hoping to buy elfs a beer at some point soon.