Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury (A) ticket sales.

Comments

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Does any one know if you can park in the car park on Sunday ? and will it be open on return thanks

This - I’m driving us 5 up, any parking recommendations anyone has would be helpful
    I drove up last season mid week game, got there a couple of hours before ko. They’ve got a massive car park and said I couldn’t park there. Then they allowed me to park around by the away entrance FOC. Had to leave just before the final whistle to get out, otherwise you have to sit there, while everyone leaves. Other than that, it’s a bit like Oxford with parking restrictions and having to park far away from the ground.
    The guide below is very helpful for people travelling to Shrewsbury on Sunday.
    https://www.shrewsburytown.com/siteassets/documents/tickets/travelplan_compressed.pdf
  • Options
    How’s everyone’s morning going then?
  • Options
    Not even showing up on the website yet ?
  • Options

Bit frustrating, been Doncaster, MK Dons, Pompey, Rotherham and Northampton away this season but only booked Pompey online so guessing I won't qualify for the 5?

If you bought at the Charlton ticket office and provided your ID number that would count?
  • Options
    I am trying to ring but keep being cut off after being told to hold. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    addicktom said:

I am trying to ring but keep being cut off after being told to hold. Is anyone else having this issue?

think it means there are too many in the queue already

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Just ordered mine online as a season ticket holder. There is a link which people might miss, also worth refreshing the page after you log in. I have taken a screen shot for everyone. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Booked online no email confirmation though
  • Options
    thanks Christina !
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

Just ordered mine online as a season ticket holder. There is a link which people might miss, also worth refreshing the page after you log in. I have taken a screen shot for everyone. Hope that helps.

That doesn’t show up on my iPhone? :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant see that link either , just got through on the phone and they've told me they're not on sale on the phone til 10am
  • Options
    Got my tickets at the ticket office. You need crn/con & first line of address. About 40 in the queue now.
  • Options
    5 of us booked
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

CAFC_TINI said:

That doesn’t show up on my iPhone? :(
    make sure you log in first and then refresh the page.

Looking on my phone I had to change it to the desktop site first
    login
    Refresh the page
    Then the link showed up

Hope that help?

• Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

Thanks. You may need to refresh the screen, as when I first went in it only showed coach travel to Shrewsbury

No email confirmation, but I'm getting used to that. I opted for the post option, 3 days should be enough to get to me, and usually the other club can reprint if necessary - I really don't fancy going anywhere near The Valley ticket office on Thursday!
  • Options
    can someone post a fucking link as i cant see it
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

You know what, if I had a Hoxton start-up designing apps that is exactly the sort of payment screen I would offer my clients, who would no doubt pay me millions of pounds for the amazing combination of tech and childlike simplicity. Good work!
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

Not on my screen it isn't - even after a couple of refreshes
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    Everything went super quick, credit card details accepted by my bank.
    Then .....nothing. No ref number, no e-mail confirmation.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.
    So now i'm thinking- have i been scammed?

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "
    Hmm - only if cafc took my funds.
    So had no choice but pay again and finally collected my 2 tickets.

Cafc what a car crash
    . I acknowledge being of the older less techno generation.

For the record, in case anybody is frightened off of using online for purchase of Shrews away.

Spoke again with MasterCard this evening, apparently the funds have not been withdrawn from the account.
    If they have not been withdrawn in the next 2 or 3 days the funds will be returned to me.
    I had a couple of problems at the beginning of the season where the system took the money for away tickets but didn’t complete the sale. Had several hundred pounds refunded on production of credit card statements showing the ghost transaction. I was told that it was a known fault which had arisen during an upgrade and although it was a pain the staff were helpful and I got my refund eventually.

In those cases the transactions appeared to crash when taking payment - I only discovered later they had gone through as far as the bank was concerned.

I avoided using the same browser/OS set-up again until recently, although the club said the problem had been fixed, but when I did it was OK.

However, my other half spoke to an older fan who had had the same experience recently for a home ticket, being charged but the sale not recorded. The club asked for his bank statement for their records, which he wasn’t prepared to give to them, so they reached an impasse and he wrote the money off.
  • Options

Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "

Cafc what a car crash

For the record, in case anybody is frightened off of using online for purchase of Shrews away.

Spoke again with MasterCard this evening, apparently the funds have not been withdrawn from the account.
    If they have not been withdrawn in the next 2 or 3 days the funds will be returned to me.
    I had a couple of problems at the beginning of the season where the system took the money for away tickets but didn’t complete the sale. Had several hundred pounds refunded on production of credit card statements showing the ghost transaction. I was told that it was a known fault which had arisen during an upgrade and although it was a pain the staff were helpful and I got my refund eventually.

In those cases the transactions appeared to crash when taking payment - I only discovered later they had gone through as far as the bank was concerned.

I avoided using the same browser/OS set-up again until recently, although the club said the problem had been fixed, but when I did it was OK.

However, my other half spoke to an older fan who had had the same experience recently for a home ticket, being charged but the sale not recorded. The club asked for his bank statement for their records, which he wasn’t prepared to give to them, so they reached an impasse and he wrote the money off.
    I guess you can't remember, but did you get a confirmation screen and booking reference when you unsuccessfully bought those away tickets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cafc what a car crash

I guess you can't remember, but did you get a confirmation screen and booking reference when you unsuccessfully bought those away tickets?
    No, it crashed when taking payment.
  • Options

Cafc what a car crash

Thanks. That's terrible if a system can fail to complete the transaction BUT still take the money. I would have hoped that their internal accounting systems would have spotted the inconsistency of money being received and not allocated against a ticket...
  • Options
    Been on hold for half an hour listening to shit bollox music
  • Options
    this is fucking painful
  • Options
    Went to the Valley and got mine. Arrived about 8.45 and about 35 in queue. When I left at about 9.45 I would say about another 35 in queue. Less busy than I thought so this probably accounts for only about 200 tickets at that stage.
    Ticket office staff pretty efficient and friendly with 4 open for most of the time although people did keep coming and going which was a bit odd.
  • Options
    Got down to the valley about 9:35 20 odd in the queue all sorted for 4 tixs
  • Options
    The online system works for some and not for others. My sons friend got 2 and phoned me at about 9.10 to say so. On my log in there was no option to buy away tickets. And before any says, this is not because I am doing it wrong. My sons friend tried using my log in and repeated that my option wasn't there. On digging he discovered that my account doesn't think I'm a season ticket holder, which is very odd as I got home leg tickets no problem (having been sent the link by the club) and have used the same account to buy aways.
    Glad I got up early and went down.
  • Options

Got my tickets at the ticket office. You need crn/con & first line of address. About 40 in the queue now.

Must’ve been slightly in front of me in the queue @Covered End I got mine around 9:45.

My friend had been trying online and it kept crashing and on the phone for 2 hours being cut off each time, so he direct messaged the club on twitter and they have called him back as far as I know.
  • Options

Cafc what a car crash

Thanks. That's terrible if a system can fail to complete the transaction BUT still take the money. I would have hoped that their internal accounting systems would have spotted the inconsistency of money being received and not allocated against a ticket...
    I can understand why they ask for evidence for the records but I can also see why people would resist handing over their bank statements to a football club. I guess without that there is no link to the individual.
  • Options
    Just got my 80+ year old neighbours away ticket, couldn’t find the link when I signed in on my account, no joy on the phone, luckily, was driving from Greenwich to woolwich on jobs so stopped off, 2 people queuing, gave his details, £15 over 65 ticket.