Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury (A) ticket sales.

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Got 4 no problem. Haven't had a ST for years but my CON number still on record. Haven't been for about 2 years but really fancied this one. Sorted!

How - by phone or online.

As i can't see an online link for love nor money.
  • Options
    Got 2. They can be collected or mailed out. Will get at Valley on Thurs.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Riviera said:

Got 4 no problem. Haven't had a ST for years but my CON number still on record. Haven't been for about 2 years but really fancied this one. Sorted!

Think he was either a) referring to tickets for the home leg, or b) on the wind up
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Riviera said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aeef4dd83d69/full-ticket-details-for-charltons-play-off-away-leg-at-shrewsbury-town
  • Options
    clive said:

Addickted said:

Riviera said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aeef4dd83d69/full-ticket-details-for-charltons-play-off-away-leg-at-shrewsbury-town
    Apart from admiring a photo of both me and my son at Rochdale, that page is pretty useless as the link just sends you to the page buying home tickets.
  • Options

Does any one know if you can park in the car park on Sunday ? and will it be open on return thanks

This - I’m driving us 5 up, any parking recommendations anyone has would be helpful
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Does any one know if you can park in the car park on Sunday ? and will it be open on return thanks

This - I’m driving us 5 up, any parking recommendations anyone has would be helpful
    Roads opposite lib club free after 18.30 but can park down there from 16.30 with 2 hours no return
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Yes you can park in the car park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

redman said:

Can someone explain why ST's can buy 2? This seems grossly unfair so potentially people who have never been to a game all season can attend while some of us miss out?

I'd be surprised if many season ticket holders haven't been to a game all season....
    You totally miss my point. The emphasis was on 2. A ST buys 2, one for himself and one for his mate/wife/girlfriend/ANOther; the latter having not seen a game all season.
  • Options
    redman said:

LenGlover said:

redman said:

Can someone explain why ST's can buy 2? This seems grossly unfair so potentially people who have never been to a game all season can attend while some of us miss out?

I'd be surprised if many season ticket holders haven't been to a game all season....
    You totally miss my point. The emphasis was on 2. A ST buys 2, one for himself and one for his mate/wife/girlfriend/ANOther; the latter having not seen a game all season.
    usually @redman i would agree but a 5.15pm ko on a sunday evening in not exactly the most desriable location ( be diff it it was manc, newcastle etc ) i don't think many non cafc fans will go.
  • Options
    redman said:

LenGlover said:

redman said:

To be fair, it's not as if many ST holders are likely to drag someone with no interest in Charlton all the way to Shrewsbury!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    redman said:

LenGlover said:

redman said:

If it was a local game, or somewhere with the potential for a decent weekend away, then i'd say you might have a point but why on earth would someone who hasn't seen a game all season suddenly want to go to Shrewsbury on a sunday evening for a game that's live on sky?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

redman said:

LenGlover said:

redman said:

To be fair, it's not as if many ST holders are likely to drag someone with no interest in Charlton all the way to Shrewsbury!
    This.

Some of our fans are really pedantic. Don't want to buy a season ticket but then begrudge the ones that do from giving one to someone else. I very much doubt a ST holder will buy 2 & then give one to a random mate/gf who doesn't generally go to games. Probably count the number of these people on the fingers of one hand.

For the record Golfie Jnr has a ST & I don't - reason being we wanted to safeguard the seat I've had since the East Stand opened & rather than paying RD £370 for an adult ticket we bought an U18's for him at a cost of £100. Perhaps @redman I should just buy 1 tomorrow for him & let him find his own way up & back to Shrewsbury, even though I'v been to 25 home league & cup games & about 10 aways.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

If you mean Shrewsbury, use the park and ride car park to right turn by Sainsbury's. You used to be able to park in the retail park but have now put 2 hour limit on for match days.
    10 min walk to ground through tunnel under the railway.
  • Options

redman said:

LenGlover said:

redman said:

This.

Some of our fans are really pedantic. Don't want to buy a season ticket but then begrudge the ones that do from giving one to someone else. I very much doubt a ST holder will buy 2 & then give one to a random mate/gf who doesn't generally go to games. Probably count the number of these people on the fingers of one hand.

For the record Golfie Jnr has a ST & I don't - reason being we wanted to safeguard the seat I've had since the East Stand opened & rather than paying RD £370 for an adult ticket we bought an U18's for him at a cost of £100. Perhaps @redman I should just buy 1 tomorrow for him & let him find his own way up & back to Shrewsbury, even though I'v been to 25 home league & cup games & about 10 aways.
    I'm not quite sure why you are trying to turn this into a personal argument. It was a genuine question. The reason for my question was based on the fact that at Rochdale I suspect there were a lot of people there enjoying the party who weren't Season ticket holders. These people may be asking their mates to help them get a ticket. I'm obviously wrong as you seem to know.

Incidentally I might be trying to buy 3 or 4 tickets for Season ticket holders including my wife and son.
  • Options
    Actually golfaddick has made me think. If I turn up with 3 season ticket books for my family can I get 3 tickets or will they say I can only have 2 and the other people need to be there in person.
  • Options
    redman said:

Actually golfaddick has made me think. If I turn up with 3 season ticket books for my family can I get 3 tickets or will they say I can only have 2 and the other people need to be there in person.

You should be able to get 6 tickets - 2 per ST holder. They do not have to be there in person.

Sorry, didn't mean to make the other discussion personal. In your latest scenario I would hope that any decent ST holder would tell their so called mate to feck off & only get true fans or boyctters a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

redman said:

You should be able to get 6 tickets - 2 per ST holder. They do not have to be there in person.

Sorry, didn't mean to make the other discussion personal. In your latest scenario I would hope that any decent ST holder would tell their so called mate to feck off & only get true fans or boyctters a ticket.
    OK thanks
  • Options
    Addickted said:

clive said:

Addickted said:

Riviera said:

Apart from admiring a photo of both me and my son at Rochdale, that page is pretty useless as the link just sends you to the page buying home tickets.
    It doesn't show anything for me either. Is that just because I'm not VG and can't buy until tomorrow? Will it suddenly appear for me?
  • Options

redman said:

Golfie,
    Are you suggesting that boycotters are not TRUE fans ???!!!!

Phew careful mate. i'd put up the shields and shutters before The SS (Sycophant Stasi) send out their rabid dogs on autopilot.
  • Options
    redman said:

Addickted said:

clive said:

Addickted said:

Riviera said:

It doesn't show anything for me either. Is that just because I'm not VG and can't buy until tomorrow? Will it suddenly appear for me?
    Restricted away tickets aren't usually available on line, so I'm sceptical I'll be able to buy that way tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Riviera said:

Look I was just....
  • Options

redman said:

Addickted said:

clive said:

Addickted said:

Riviera said:

Restricted away tickets aren't usually available on line, so I'm sceptical I'll be able to buy that way tomorrow
    Not what it says but that mean much!
    Also although I can log onto my account from my laptop, I can't do it from mobile as the box for username and password disappear.
  • Options

redman said:

Addickted said:

clive said:

Addickted said:

Riviera said:

Don't get me started
  • Options
    Have ST and Valley gold so went online at Sidcup library at 10am cos my very old desktop cannot allow me to buy cafc tickets.
    Everything went super quick, credit card details accepted by my bank.
    Then .....nothing. No ref number, no e-mail confirmation.
    So got down to the valley ticket office at 3pm- they have NO RECORD of my purchase.
    So now i'm thinking- have i been scammed?

I should say i had earlier checked my bank credit card- sure enough my £35 has been debited.

The ticket operator thought it very likely " it will be ok and we can reimburse you "
    Hmm - only if cafc took my funds.
    So had no choice but pay again and finally collected my 2 tickets.

Cafc what a car crash
    . I acknowledge being of the older less techno generation.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I drove up last season mid week game, got there a couple of hours before ko. They’ve got a massive car park and said I couldn’t park there. Then they allowed me to park around by the away entrance FOC. Had to leave just before the final whistle to get out, otherwise you have to sit there, while everyone leaves. Other than that, it’s a bit like Oxford with parking restrictions and having to park far away from the ground.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I drove up last season mid week game, got there a couple of hours before ko. They’ve got a massive car park and said I couldn’t park there. Then they allowed me to park around by the away entrance FOC. Had to leave just before the final whistle to get out, otherwise you have to sit there, while everyone leaves. Other than that, it’s a bit like Oxford with parking restrictions and having to park far away from the ground.
    Or, as per my post above, and park in the park and ride site next to Sainsbury's. Dont risk the retail park!