Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury (A) ticket sales.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    if it does make it to Thursday anyone that posts regularly on here am happy to get a couple of tickets for them as i meet the away criteria although think that will be only open to ticket office collections if so happy for someone to use my details.

that obviosuly excludes @Big_Bad_World :wink:
  • Options
    Yep 3 of us going COYR!
  • Options
    Finally managed to get two tickets over the phone. It was as I thought, the older client reference number (which didn't have my season ticket and valley gold membership recorded) was linked to the ticketing website. The guy at the ticket office corrected the anomaly, so shouldn't have the same problem in the future. Only had to wait 25 mins to be connected! COYR.
  • Options
    Tried on phone, but nothing, drove there and got 4, bit of a queue, heard there had been lots of new vg, members over the last 2 days
  • Options
    Can't get through on the phone
  • Options
    No ST or Valley Gold for me so I can accept missing Shrewsbury away. Only a couple of away games anyway.
    The more urgent problem is not having sky, and needing to find a reliable pirate.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

No ST or Valley Gold for me so I can accept missing Shrewsbury away. Only a couple of away games anyway.
    The more urgent problem is not having sky, and needing to find a reliable pirate.

not many reliable pirates around these days
  • Options
    seth plum said:

NowTV, Seth. You might be able to pick up a free box from somewhere and just buy a day pass
  • Options

Tried on phone, but nothing, drove there and got 4, bit of a queue, heard there had been lots of new vg, members over the last 2 days

Unless you pay the £120 upfront and mange to get a VG number which I doubt you will get straight away, will you be considered as a member.
  • Options
    Just passing what I heard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Unless you pay the £120 upfront and mange to get a VG number which I doubt you will get straight away, will you be considered as a member.
    Hmm, I wonder.

We had been season ticket holders for 27 years without a break until 2 seasons ago when the decision was made to do our "bit" in persuading RD that it was time to go. VG membership was held too in the latter years but again, we opted out .

We have attended every home game this season and 90% of aways inc twice to Blackpool.

We have been offered season ticket details from a dear friend who cannot go to Shrewsbury but of course, that won't help us until tomorrow .Our accommodation was booked on Saturday evening.

All we can do at this moment in time is to hope that tickets are still available but may require us to drive from E Sussex to SE7 early doors as phone lines will inevitably be rammed.

I'm not complaining about the restrictions, but describing the situation we are in for a match that I believe, had it NOT been for the protests /boycotts etc we would not be playing.....
  • Options
    Tickets for our lot sorted - 29 mins on hold!

Note - you can't buy more than 2 tickets (I.e if you are calling on behalf of more than one VG member you'll need to have them call separately).
  • Options

have them now;

today is; season ticket holder who ARE ALSO valley gold members.
    wednesday is; season ticket holders
    Thursday; any member who have 5 or more Away's.

( all of which are 2 season tickets pp ) if not a st holder then i doubt you will get a ticket.

will be a lot of season ticket holders ringing up today who arent valley gold members and trying to buy tickets.

How do you prove you have 5 or more aways? I've bought a lot of mine aways on walk ups and Wigan didn't even give us a ticket.
    they have to be registered to your account. personally i cant see it making thursday
    I'm not going to Shrewsbury anyway but that's a nonsense idea. I highly doubt I'm alone in turning up to an away game and buying a ticket on the day. I also don't keep the tickets, when given one, as Charlton have never stated this could be used as an assessment later in the season. I hope they sort this car crash out if we get to Wembley.

How many tickets can a ST holder buy?
    I think its been policy for the past couple of seasons that restricted sale tickets will be based on certain criteria & that has not changed - VG, ST, certain no of provable aways, anyone. It is hardly new. I'm not saying that its right or wrong, but has been the norm for a good couple of years.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Hmm, I wonder.

We had been season ticket holders for 27 years without a break until 2 seasons ago when the decision was made to do our "bit" in persuading RD that it was time to go. VG membership was held too in the latter years but again, we opted out .

We have attended every home game this season and 90% of aways inc twice to Blackpool.

We have been offered season ticket details from a dear friend who cannot go to Shrewsbury but of course, that won't help us until tomorrow .Our accommodation was booked on Saturday evening.

All we can do at this moment in time is to hope that tickets are still available but may require us to drive from E Sussex to SE7 early doors as phone lines will inevitably be rammed.

I'm not complaining about the restrictions, but describing the situation we are in for a match that I believe, had it NOT been for the protests /boycotts etc we would not be playing.....
    What protests
  • Options
    Got mine on the phone after 33 minutes holding.
  • Options

have them now;

today is; season ticket holder who ARE ALSO valley gold members.
    wednesday is; season ticket holders
    Thursday; any member who have 5 or more Away's.

( all of which are 2 season tickets pp ) if not a st holder then i doubt you will get a ticket.

will be a lot of season ticket holders ringing up today who arent valley gold members and trying to buy tickets.

How do you prove you have 5 or more aways? I've bought a lot of mine aways on walk ups and Wigan didn't even give us a ticket.
    they have to be registered to your account. personally i cant see it making thursday
    I'm not going to Shrewsbury anyway but that's a nonsense idea. I highly doubt I'm alone in turning up to an away game and buying a ticket on the day. I also don't keep the tickets, when given one, as Charlton have never stated this could be used as an assessment later in the season. I hope they sort this car crash out if we get to Wembley.

How many tickets can a ST holder buy?
    I think its been policy for the past couple of seasons that restricted sale tickets will be based on certain criteria & that has not changed - VG, ST, certain no of provable aways, anyone. It is hardly new. I'm not saying that its right or wrong, but has been the norm for a good couple of years.
    Of course this isn't news to us, golfie. And I'm aware of the risks we took in not renewing etc.

I wasn't looking for sympathy.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

seth plum said:

NowTV, Seth. You might be able to pick up a free box from somewhere and just buy a day pass
    Don’t even need a box for that you can stream from laptop/iPads/iPhone and pay £7.99 for a day pass/£12.99 for a week/33 for month
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    A friend got mine, said the website was surprisingly easy to purchase on.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Hmm, I wonder.

@Fanny Fanackapan I’ve messaged you.
  • Options
    will tickets be able to be either

a) mailed to an address that is not the ST holders

or

b) emailed for scanning at gate

Anybody know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

will tickets be able to be either

a) mailed to an address that is not the ST holders

or

b) emailed for scanning at gate

Anybody know?

I doubt the latter as Shrewsbury would have issued actual tickets and may not have scanning capabilities
  • Options
    Has anyone who purchased online received a confirmation email?
  • Options
    shrewsbury are paper tickets i have seen a few people posting photos of them, if i was purchasing i would certainly be visiting in person to the ticket office.
  • Options

I think that away ticket purchases having to be registered to your account to allow you to get a ticket is pretty fair to be honest. That is why if mates etc get you a ticket then you need to ensure they give your CON/CRN number so it can be added to your purchase history.

It's not fair at all. Why does someone who buys them through the club get priority over someone who buys them on the day?
    Because you have no proof that you bought one. This has happened before and if you can show them to the ticket office, they should add them to your record of purchases. But it sounds a bit late for you now unfortunately.
    but surely that is open to abuse. I could get say Golfie to give me his stub from every away game and they will add it to my record?

Possibly. I think they mark the ticket before they are given back, so it can't be reused as proof by anyone else.
  • Options

I think that away ticket purchases having to be registered to your account to allow you to get a ticket is pretty fair to be honest. That is why if mates etc get you a ticket then you need to ensure they give your CON/CRN number so it can be added to your purchase history.

It's not fair at all. Why does someone who buys them through the club get priority over someone who buys them on the day?
    Because you have no proof that you bought one. This has happened before and if you can show them to the ticket office, they should add them to your record of purchases. But it sounds a bit late for you now unfortunately.
    but surely that is open to abuse. I could get say Golfie to give me his stub from every away game and they will add it to my record?

Possibly. I think they mark the ticket before they are given back, so it can't be reused as proof by anyone else.
    then they'd do better to mark them before issuing them

• Options
    SX_Addick said:

Dansk_Red said:

Hmm, I wonder.

@Fanny Fanackapan I’ve messaged you.
    So have I.
  • Options
    Can someone explain why ST's can buy 2? This seems grossly unfair so potentially people who have never been to a game all season can attend while some of us miss out?
  • Options
    redman said:

Can someone explain why ST's can buy 2? This seems grossly unfair so potentially people who have never been to a game all season can attend while some of us miss out?

I'd be surprised if many season ticket holders haven't been to a game all season....
  • Options
    Does any one know if you can park in the car park on Sunday ? and will it be open on return thanks