Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY

13»

Comments

• Options
    Surprised it was so close.
    Jay Dasilva head and shoulders above all others and the most consistent.
    Here's hoping for 3 more signature performances. The cherry on the cake would be for him to score.
  • Options
    The Valley at the start of the PoTY evening.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Some bloke who might have written the odd word about Charlton at some time or other.
  • Options
    The BFG on his way to his table. Would you want to get in his way?
  • Options
    You'd think with the wages he's on, he'd be able to afford some socks.
  • Options
    You get some idea of just how tall this guy is.
  • Options
    The last one before the battery on my camera ran out.

Who said "Thank Christ for that"?
  • Options

The last one before the battery on my camera ran out.

Who said "Thank Christ for that"?

The disciples
  • Options
    I don't think any of our players will be rivalling David Beckham in the fashion stakes!
  • Options

You'd think with the wages he's on, he'd be able to afford some socks.

Not all of us can carry off the skinny jeans and no socks combo skipper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the majority have got it wrong on this occasion. Not suggesting for a second that Jay DaSilva is anything less than a very good player, but, despite the odd eye catching run down the wing, I don't think he has been a key performer for us. Statistically I don't believe results have suffered when he has been absent and, in fact, he has not featured (or at least started) in some of our best performances/results, particularly recently when Page has been fit. He hasn't scored or contributed a large number of assists either.

Personally I would have all of Amos, JFC, Bauer, Pearce, and Fosu ahead of him.
  • Options
    1. Amos
    2. Amos
    3. Amos

then possibly others who haven't played nearly all games this season if not all.
  • Options
    Da Silva is my poty because he has never stopped trying, always been entertaining and save for a few errors of judgement has been the most consistent and hard working win lose or draw
  • Options
    I think Dasilva has been our most consistent performer but Fosu edged him IMO because he is more valuable to the side.

In fairness though, that's only really the case recently because Page has been impressive. But with him being out most of the season we have relied on Dasilva as the likes of Sarr and Jackson are not LB's.

At this moment in time though, if we could choose between Page and Fosu or Dasilva and Marshall down the left, we would all be going for the former.
  • Options

Since it hasn't been otherwise mentioned so far well done and congrats Joe Aribo for the YPOTY award - had some great performances and won us a fair few points with the goals he has chipped in this season. Well done young man and here's hoping the progression continues with us next year whatever league we are in.

Just don't tell him he's already older than the Player of the Year ;-)
  • Options
    So the YPOTY is older than the POTY......how does that work out ?
  • Options

So the YPOTY is older than the POTY......how does that work out ?

It's Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did not vote for Amos as I thought he was decidedly average when he started with us. Made a few decent saves, but nothing outstanding.

Many on here are saying that if the vote was taken now they would have voted for him. I can see why as he has been tremendous. Whoever is coaching him needs to stand up and take a bow because he has steadily improved throughout the season and is a far far better keeper than the one that arrived. I really hope he stays.

But it is player of the year, and that to me implies that a high level of performances are required consistently throughout the season. Jay is therefore rightly up there. Throughout the dark winter matches, the only thing you could rely on was that Jay would put in 100%. Nuff said.
  • Options
    What Ahmed's English like these days?

Seem to remember an interview over the Summer (when he returned from injury) and from memory his accent was a little difficult to understand - Did he mention his future at all?
  • Options

Seem to remember an interview over the Summer (when he returned from injury) and from memory his accent was a little difficult to understand - Did he mention his future at all?

His English seemed fine.
  • Options
    Jay Dasilva is 5/1 to represent the England mens team at some point in his career. Just wondered if anyone thought this was good odds?
  • Options

was the takeover announced as was rumoured?

I went last night and what a good night it was too.
    Well done to Fanny for organising such a great event.
    While I was there last night I was told that regarding the takeover it is indeed a Done Deal and that it will be announced as soon as the playoffs are over.
    I did ask why not just anounce it now and was told that it had been agreed not to say anything until the season has finished.
    The person who told me this is highly connected to the club and I have no reason to believe he was lying.
    See Doucher has been right all along - did he mention anything else?
    He said you were a cock.
  • Options

His English seemed fine.
    Unlike CLB74's.