Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

JDS not even the best left back at the club.

Who is them?

And, more importantly, why are people referring to him as "JDS"?
    Well, yeah - best player at the club yet vast swathes of the support don't know his name - how does that happen? Bet that Mixed Salad bloke at Liverpool doesn't have that trouble. :wink:
  • Options
    If the vote was cast later, after the most recent 3/4 games Amos would have won IMO. But at the time of the vote, JDS was a worthy winner. I voted for JFC, as I felt he has been consistent and ever present. Saying that, it’s refreshing we had 3,4, maybe 5 or 6 players who could have got it, instead of the 1 or 2 in previous years.

If we win the next 3, all will be a POTY in my eyes
  • Options
    Personally voted for Fosu, we're a better team with him. The top three are all worthy of being there. JFC is underrated.
  • Options

Personally voted for Fosu, we're a better team with him. The top three are all worthy of being there. JFC is underrated.

Fosu was the player sitting at our table last night.
    We asked him if he would be fit for the playoffs and he said yes.
    Been saying all week he was closer to a return than we were letting on!
  • Options

To be fair in Robinson-era Charlton people who had one leg hanging off or had been dead for three months would all be considered fit enough to play.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

To be fair in Robinson-era Charlton people who had one leg hanging off or had been dead for three months would all be considered fit enough to play.
    Not sure that's a fair comparison to now though - KR was so stubborn and rigid to his formation it forced him to do that or try to put square pegs in round holes- Bowyer has been far more flexible and has had a far better track record so far with the way he has re-introduced people coming back from injuries. I would say he's more likely to be on the bench than starting Thursday anyway but second leg he'd be a great option to have back.
  • Options

Well the voters say he is. I for one voted for him also you question me when i said we need 6 wins out of 10 to make the playoffs and I was right :wink:

I thought the top 3 would be Amos,jfc and Jay dasiva
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have voted for Jay if I had had the chance. It's a rare pleasure to watch that technique in our League One side, but as others have said he has always given 100% too, so he has never looked like a loan player, unlike most of the other loanees.

Fat chance of us getting him back unless we manage to win the play offs. He needs to be a division higher next season in order to develop.
  • Options

I'd have voted for Jay if I had had the chance. It's a rare pleasure to watch that technique in our League One side, but as others have said he has always given 100% too, so he has never looked like a loan player, unlike most of the other loanees.

Fat chance of us getting him back unless we manage to win the play offs. He needs to be a division higher next season in order to develop.

So a better than fat chance then¬:)
  • Options
    I voted for Amos and think it is a pity he isn't in the top 3, but a vote is a vote so well done to all of them.
  • Options

According to the stats guru Ben Mayhew, if you used Fantasy Football scoring, the best keeper in the division is Ben Amos, the only Charlton player in the squad

https://twitter.com/i/moments/993367770153832448

5-5-3 formation with 2 keepers? I like them odds!
  • Options

Did he mean semi's or only for the final if we get there?
  • Options

Back in training with the squad today apparently according to twitter - (plus stolen from another thread ;))
  • Options

was the takeover announced as was rumoured?

I went last night and what a good night it was too.
    Well done to Fanny for organising such a great event.
    While I was there last night I was told that regarding the takeover it is indeed a Done Deal and that it will be announced as soon as the playoffs are over.
    I did ask why not just anounce it now and was told that it had been agreed not to say anything until the season has finished.
    The person who told me this is highly connected to the club and I have no reason to believe he was lying.
    See Doucher has been right all along - did he mention anything else?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was Solly there last night?

How is he doing with his injury recovery?
  • Options

He meant next year's play-offs.

Team and division TBC
  • Options
    I had Dasilva down as my POTY a few weeks back. Then Amos played some fantastic games recently and Jay hadn't been in the team as much so he took the lead.

I think Fosu has been out too much to be POTY for me. JFC has been good but I think jay's consistency and the way Amos has improved so much throughout the season would see them as my top two.
  • Options

was the takeover announced as was rumoured?

I went last night and what a good night it was too.
    Well done to Fanny for organising such a great event.
    While I was there last night I was told that regarding the takeover it is indeed a Done Deal and that it will be announced as soon as the playoffs are over.
    I did ask why not just anounce it now and was told that it had been agreed not to say anything until the season has finished.
    The person who told me this is highly connected to the club and I have no reason to believe he was lying.
    See Doucher has been right all along - did he mention anything else?
    He said you were a cock.
  • Options
    My top 4 would have been :

1. Amos
    2. Pearce
    3. JD (Dasilva)
    4. Fosu

Why 4? Because I literally cannot think of anyone else being stand out all season.

5. Bowyer
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Who is them?

And, more importantly, why are people referring to him as "JDS"?
    Page been far more solid defensively in his few appearances.
  • Options
    Mine was

1. JFC
    2. Amos
    3. Fosu
    3. Pearce
    5. JDS
  • Options

Was Solly there last night?

How is he doing with his injury recovery?

Yes he was sitting at our table and still working on getting fit for next year