Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guess the Shrewsbury gate

12346»

Comments

• Addickted said:

Me too - unable to go tonight and can't even have a drink whilst watching it on TV.

I'm sure I'll make up for it at Shrewsbury though!

Ill do your drinking for you, I’m good like that
  • There will be thousands of youngsters bunking in over the Independant laundry gate. Unofficial attendance expected to be 80,000+
  • Uboat said:

Just got through and spoke to a very tired sounding woman.
    North stand is sold out. They're not selling any more east stand, so presumably that's pretty full.
    I asked for as near the middle of the West Stand as she could get and she put me in A block, because I didn't want G.
    On that basis I withdraw my previous 17,500 and think 22-23k is more likely.

Not that busy outside. They will have moved the east tickets to other locations.
  • At least!!
  • Addickted said:

Me too - unable to go tonight and can't even have a drink whilst watching it on TV.

I'm sure I'll make up for it at Shrewsbury though!

Why can't you have a drink? Driving afterwards?
    Contemplating converting to Islam.

PM sent.
  • Solidgone said:

There will be thousands of youngsters bunking in over the Independant laundry gate. Unofficial attendance expected to be 80,000+

Just bought back a memory of people waiting in the queue at the back of the Covered End helping me and my mate over the wall into the mens toilet and slipping past the Old Bill. Then they put that tar on the top of the wall. Game over.

That is shocking.
  • WSS said:

That is shocking.

Looked and sounded far more.
  • stonemuse said:

WSS said:

That is shocking.

Looked and sounded far more.
    didn't to me, watching on a stream.

Where did all that hype come from? And to what end? People being told that no more East Stand tickets available? WTF?
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I must’ve had one of the closer guesses, silver linings and that.
  • I was shocked at how empty the West Stand looked. When we played Swindon in the third div play-offs last time just 8 years ago we had around seven thousand more home fans (so a loss of around 50%) that is what that man has done simply driven fans away to the point of losing interest I am afraid.
  • The trouble is we have fed a pack of lies and exaggerations for 10 plus years people have lost sense on realistic crowd numbers
  • Makes a mockery of the attendance figures we've been posting all season. Probably closer to 9-10k in the winter months.
  • May not have been the biggest but was certainly the loudest all season. North upper was amazing. I've lost my voice.
  • Thought I was being a pessimist with my 18,500, I even slagged off Shrewsbury's numbers.

Forgive me father for I have sinned.
  • May not have been the biggest but was certainly the loudest all season. North upper was amazing. I've lost my voice.

Sorry i didn't realise it was you in the cafe.
    I don't think they serve pot noodles mind!
  • seth plum said:

May not have been the biggest but was certainly the loudest all season. North upper was amazing. I've lost my voice.

Sorry i didn't realise it was you in the cafe.
    I don't think they serve pot noodles mind!
    Haha no worries. Just gave you a wave! I'm used to people looking at me in confusion!!
  • WSS said:

That is shocking.

I reckon Ticketmaster sold that many and the gate will be revised - looked more than that.
  • North stand upper and lower looked nearly full. West stand about 2/3 full and easy stand just over half full to me.

750 happy shrews (bollocks)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Ferryman said:

WSS said:

That is shocking.

I reckon Ticketmaster sold that many and the gate will be revised - looked more than that.
    No. I think it will be revised up but by a few hundred not thousands.

If we forget the hype and anecdotal evidence that crowd or similar was always likely based on the available information and circumstances of the game. We’d have got more on Saturday, because of the work/school/travel issues, but we were never going to add thousands of home fans to the Blackburn crowd for a televised Thursday night first leg against Shrewsbury Town. The club may even have scared a few off with its messaging, although I understand the reason for it.

North stand upper and lower looked nearly full. West stand about 2/3 full and easy stand just over half full to me.

750 happy shrews (bollocks)

West stand was half full - very sparse in blocks F, G, H and R, Q, P. Quads were sparse. Can’t comment on east, but north over 90 per cent, maybe 95:
  • Charlton fans in bigging up our numbers shocker , twas ever thus
  • Comes across that the powers that be concentrated on filling the north stand.
  • Just looking at the blocks without counting I would say, currently, up to 6,000 in the north and quadrants, 2,000 in the east, 3,000 in the lower west and 1,000 in the upper west, so maybe 12,000 sold. Probably sell 2,000 to 4,000 tomorrow, best guess.

Not a bad best guess Rick...
  • loved it in the covered end last night, proper old school feel about it......right down to having to queue for a piss at HT past 50 blokes having a fag

the noise from there was superb and the place was rocking for the first 20 mins