Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who wants to be a millionaire

Comments

• Well look up the word Ibex and you will see it’s a deer!
  • https://www.britannica.com/animal/ibex

"Ibex, any of several sure-footed, sturdy wild goats of the genus Capra in the family Bovidae (order Artiodactyla) that are found in the mountains of Europe, Asia, and northeastern Africa."

https://www.livescience.com/28102-ibex.html

"Ibex are wild goats that live in the mountainous regions of Europe, north central Asia and northern Africa. There are five species of ibex, according to the Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS). They have long, curved horns and cloven hooves. Males have long beards. Ibex are related to antelopes, buffalo, bison, cattle, goats and sheep. "

• Well...looks like I’m wrong on this one.
    I had always thought there were two types of Ibex.....it would seem not!
  • Thought it was a deer too - I had to look it up after last night myself - it's the beard that the males have that gives it away.
  • edited May 2018
    Nasty question really. Got my goat up a bit!
  • Anyone watching?
    Fella just raced to the 125k question. He's not used a lifeline yet!

Heard no coughing.
  • Lol!
    He would of won a million if you hadnt posted.
  • We go again.

Got.a good feeling about this fella.

;-)
  • Millionaire question coming up after the break,go on matey...👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Millionaire question coming up after the break,go on matey...👍
    How unlucky was he? Me and the good lady wife 'guessed' it correctly but if I'd been in his shoes I too would certainly have taken the dosh.
  • addick19 said:
    Millionaire question coming up after the break,go on matey...👍
    How unlucky was he? Me and the good lady wife 'guessed' it correctly but if I'd been in his shoes I too would certainly have taken the dosh.
    I was 90% sure it was the TT...but same,that 10% was to much of a gamble...well pleased for the fella..
  • what was the £1 million question?
  • edited May 2020
    From memory
    What is the oldest Motorsport race?
    Isle of Man TT
    MonacoGP
    Indy500
    Le mans
    who is the owner of Charlton
    What happened to @bertpalmer survey 
    Nobody knows !
  • addick19 said:
    Millionaire question coming up after the break,go on matey...👍
    Shame he had asked JC earlier, as I’m sure he would have known the answer.
  • I’ve enjoyed this series so far. Clarkson is great as quiz master too as he is doesn’t hold back in his comments to the contestants, all done in the best possible taste. I was guessing that final answer at the end and danced around all but the right one. 
    Cheers Bert just spat the cornflakes on the floor.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2020
    From memory
    What is the oldest Motorsport race?
    Isle of Man TT
    MonacoGP
    Indy500
    Le mans
    It’s a shame he didn’t still have the ask Clarkson card up his sleeve. He would be a millionaire if he did. 
  • Indy500 isnt it? 
  • Indy500 isnt it? 
     Isle of man
  • Blimey, never realised that!!

Did Clarkson know the answer or did he not say?
  • I gave up millionaire years ago, the format and Tarrant dragging everything out had become tired and boring. This current series is the first I’ve watched for yonks and I must say Clarkson is doing a good job. There have only been minor tweaks to the format, it works and Clarksons no messing get on with it attitude has freshened and quickened everything up
  • Blimey, never realised that!!

Did Clarkson know the answer or did he not say?
    He didn’t say. 
  • Clarkson said to him I’m surprised your battery never run out 😂
  • but who would actually know Isle of Man TT started 1904 and Indy 500 in 1907 ?

way too close to have a guess at it
  • edited May 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    but who would actually know Isle of Man TT started 1904 and Indy 500 in 1907 ?

I'd have guessed the TT but wouldn't have gambled that much on it. It would have been a toss up between the TT and Indy as I know the other 2 were much later.

The first Indy was 1911 not 1907. The race is on my bucket list, would love to go out there for it one year.

• MrOneLung said:
    but who would actually know Isle of Man TT started 1904 and Indy 500 in 1907 ?

Indeed, and probably the reason it was the £1m question.