Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton POST MATCH THREAD 05/05/2018

Comments

• Don't get all this Rochdale love in?

Who gives a toss that they stayed up ?
  • We were shit.

Support was great again.

Rochdale deserved their win.

On to the play offs.
  • Well having watched the game on sky this is how I see it.
    Bowyer rested our better players for the playoffs.
    We done all we needed today to reach the playoffs..
    Players rested will be available for Thursday.
    Stop fuckin moaning about today's performance and start looking forward to Thursday's game.
    Bowyer knows what he's doing and we are going up.

Nail on head.
  • A bit of a non event really, but although I didn't want us to lose I also wanted Rochdale to stay up and us to play Shrewsbury in the playoffs so got what I wanted!

Weird how Zyro had declined since his earlier good form under Bowyer, we missed both Magennis and Ajose today, but then the whole team played in second gear.

Nightmare drive up, arrived 35 minutes late due to the Btw gridlock, let's hope the return journey is better!

Did you get the door opened to get in by the police and get followed in by two others? If so that was me and my son. We left at 10am....

There was a group of about 10 of us who entered at about 6:05...

I left home at 10 also. I left early to give a spare couple of hours in Rochdale...
  • Dreadful performance but hey who ultimately gives a fuck we are in the play offs!! Just gutted I've booked a holiday for the final!! COYR
  • PWR.
    Watched on Sky. Just simply awful. Two crap teams played out a rubbish game We were embarrassingly poor.
    Good news? Rochdale had a good evening and we crept into the play-offs.
    I hope Bowyer can produce a FAR better performance against the Shrews.
    I've not been to The Valley since New years day, but I'm going to get a ticket for Thursday. We will need a minimum of a two goal lead from the home leg to have a chance of beating the Shrews over two legs.
  • Zyro & Kaikai are shite. Really hope they are not required to play against Shrewsbury or at Wembley. Loan players or not, they have been crap every time I’ve seen them play.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Left at 10am... just stopped to eat before traveling Last hour home

Am happy and content

We are in the playoffs and I got to enjoy a pressure free Match and have a sing

Sorry to those who got stuck in M62 mess..... my sat nav/google maps hook up helped me avoid it and I had a lovely detour over the Pennines instead. Added 25 mins to journey. There’s a lesson there for grumpy old men on this site who have criticised sat navs in the past, lol. I remember some moaning after the Belgium trip, in particular. They help avoid such disasters!

Anyway.... sun in keeper’s Eyes was a factor. I noted that the Dale keeper came with a cap, whereas Amos did not... coin toss and swapping ends was related to this

Also.... nice if Rochdale to give us their best stand! Bizarre! It was the only one without posts obstructing the view. Congrats to them, anyway.

We’re on our Way! (First time I’ve heard that one)
  • edited May 2018
    uie2 said:

This is so funny! Some of you moaning about how bad we played , as some have said it was our reserve attack! Kaikai yes is a bloody awful player and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team ! Anyway Rochdale needed to win more but we're also rubbish! But I was glad for Thompson where match winner who has survived cancer twice! Hat off to him! But we may have played badly and in 1st gear but at the end of the day we have made the play offs !!!!! Rejoice coz we are better at playing better sides! Also glad to see Jacko get on !

"It's ok chaps, we have a reserve attack!"

"Phew. So if our main attack can't be there we can still attack?"

"Well. No. They are the RESERVE attack."

"So they can't attack?"

"No."
  • Clinton Morrison fancies Scunthorpe or Rotherham for the play offs.

Suits me fine to be underdogs. It's what we do best.
  • Thought KR was back for the night. Sorry Lee that was shit, and you now take us into the playoffs with a performance even KR would struggle to defend !

We should have arrived won and left, with first team. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

That pile of poo, may come back and haunt us. An I couldn't give a feck which one of Rochdale or Oldham go down. So why are we fecking giving them the big cuddle ?
  • JamesSeed said:

Made it as far as Mills Hill station, a few miles south of Rochdale. Train got mashed by local youth throwing something at it when it was going st 60mph. Police and ambulance called.
    That was after closure of Victoria underground station because of a fire, taxi getting stuck in traffic, a run to Charing X station, only just making train from Euston, signal failure outside Stockport, trams delayed to Manchester Victoria, missing the last two trains from Manchester Victoria that would have got me to Rochdale in time, and the train I did catch being delayed by 15 minutes and then being hit by concrete.
    Don’t worry about me, the mental scars will heal, given time.
    I’m never going to go to Rochdale ever again. My Mrs said I was mad to go in the first place.

Did we win? Did I miss anything? Are we still in the playoffs?

Did you get to

A Rochdale

B See any of the game ?
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

BR3red said:

Don't get all this Rochdale love in?

Who gives a toss that they stayed up ?

It's called empathy.
    I would rather we have won 1-0, enter the playoffs with 4 straight wins, and have Rochdale fans in tears, than what happened today.

After all, SOMEONE was going down. Empathy for Rochdale is non-empathy for Oldham. It's all a wash. But a win would have made us all the more intimidating in 5 days than losing to one of the worst clubs in League One as our finale.
    Yeah, I'd have rather we won as well. Believe me, I didn't spend all day dragging up there and back in the hope that we might present Rochdale with the three points they wanted. But that doesn't mean that having lost the game, I couldn't be happy for them.

You are right that Rochdale's gain is Oldham's loss and that logically there's no reason for an outsider to care one way or another. Except for the fact that there are very close links between empathy and proximity. For (some of) us standing there in their home it was easier to feel happy for them than it would be for someone thousands of miles away in, say, California.
    Yes

Fair enough@stig

I did not travel there so I just didn't see the Rochdale deal verses Nottingham, Oldham etc

Still don't care who went down though!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Made it as far as Mills Hill station, a few miles south of Rochdale. Train got mashed by local youth throwing something at it when it was going st 60mph. Police and ambulance called.
    That was after closure of Victoria underground station because of a fire, taxi getting stuck in traffic, a run to Charing X station, only just making train from Euston, signal failure outside Stockport, trams delayed to Manchester Victoria, missing the last two trains from Manchester Victoria that would have got me to Rochdale in time, and the train I did catch being delayed by 15 minutes and then being hit by concrete.
    I’m never going to go to Rochdale ever again. My Mrs said I was mad to go in the first place.

Did you get to

A Rochdale

B See any of the game ?
    Got within a few miles of Rochdale.

Didn’t get to see any of the game.

Football is rubbish.

I’m abandoning it for the Giro d’Italia.
  • Funny old game. On pitch rubbish but we didn't really care. Off pitch excellent so glad I was there. Also had brief chats with many an old Addick friend.

Pleased for Rochdale in the end - many of them came up afterwards and shook hands and wished us all the best.

Now on to Thursday. Flights booked.

Just a little concerned that I haven't seen us win in person yet this season. First time for everything...
  • It was always likely to be a non event, with Plymouth needing to win and turn round a 6 goal difference, with us losing.

As soon as the Gills scored early, it was pretty much done & dusted.

Bowyer undoubtedly did the right thing by playing a few stiffs and resting a few first teamers.

Thanks to Bowyer, we now will have a slightly fresher team for Thursday and no more injuries as far as we know.

I can't begin to understand why many of our fans feel we should have busted a gut, pulled a couple of hamstrings and got a few more injuries, to deplete the team for Thursday.

Glad I didn't go and hope everyone that did enjoyed themselves. Sorry for the poor souls that didn't get there.
  • edited May 2018
    @Weegie Addick I need more information - just how many games has it been without a win that you have been to?

I am not beneath sabotaging your flight if necessary!
  • I don't think anyone wanted to see pulled hamstrings. I think you'll find everyone was pretty sanguine considering the performance, but ultimately football is about entertainment. If it isn't entertaining, people have a right to say.
  • Not so many this season @manicmania. Today, Bristol Rovers away, Pboro away, Shrewsbury home, Portsmouth home. So four defeats and one draw. Hmmmm. I'm due a win or two!
  • JamesSeed said:

Bloody hell, I thought it was just us "stuck on the M62ers" who had a terrible journey!

I imagine that if we don't go up, there won't be so many repeating the Rochdale away trip next season!

Got back in at 12:30, grabbed a beer from the fridge, I deserve it after 11-12 hours at the wheel...
  • edited May 2018
    You're on probation Weegie... but i'm watching you! One more loss and i'll be at Gatwick with a pair of pliers and a blow-torch! You have been warned!!! ;)
  • Who said anything about Gatwick?
  • Who said I was the only one at an airport with his tools...?

I (much like Roland) have a network... (but mine actually works...)