Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton POST MATCH THREAD 05/05/2018

Comments

• Shit. Mind you, the non penalty is one of the worst decisions in the history of football.
    Zyro is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

Gives Makienok a run for his money!!
  • edited May 2018
    Yikes that was poor!

On an unrelated note I can't think why Sky chose to show us only the legal minimum times a year...

:neutral:
  • We are in the play-offs. play our best team and we have a chance, no more or less, if we get to Wembley we have a great chance because we should have twice the fans than the opposing team.
  • Atmosphere was good, football was pretty rubbish, traffic was awful. Still glad we came.
  • Wembley, Wembley.... This year it's our year . Come on you Reds !
    Lord Bowyer's Red and White Army !!!!!
  • edited May 2018
    A bit of a non event really, but although I didn't want us to lose I also wanted Rochdale to stay up and us to play Shrewsbury in the playoffs so got what I wanted!

Weird how Zyro had declined since his earlier good form under Bowyer, we missed both Magennis and Ajose today, but then the whole team played in second gear.

Nightmare drive up, arrived 35 minutes late due to the M62 gridlock, let's hope the return journey is better!
  • No injuries, once plymouth were losing by a couple it was damage limitation, no cards, no injuries.

Having said 7-12th all season i'm really pleased to be wrong, need a good performance and a win Thursday,
  • Sponsored links:

• When is Fosu due back?
  • When is Fosu due back?

Not for 9-10 days so can forget about him till the Final
  • A bit of a non event really, but although I didn't want us to lose I also wanted Rochdale to stay up and us to play Shrewsbury in the playoffs so got what I wanted!

Weird how Zyro had declined since his earlier good form under Bowyer, we missed both Magennis and Ajose today, but then the whole team played in second gear.

Nightmare drive up, arrived 35 minutes late due to the Btw gridlock, let's hope the return journey is better!

Did you get the door opened to get in by the police and get followed in by two others? If so that was me and my son. We left at 10am....

• Rob said:

Overall, a strange kind of game. Once Plymouth went 3 and then 4 down, that was it. I'm sure the instructions from Bowyer were to not do anything silly regarding injuries. What with the sun and everything it took on more of a pre season game to me.

We're in the playoffs!!!!!! It's been a long old season what with one thing and another but we're there. Yes!!! Two months ago I didn't think we'd do it. COYR!!!!!

this is spot on. As soon as we knew Plymouth had lost we played the game out. Not what I like to see but mission accomplished we are in the playoffs.
  • Poor performance from the players , outstanding performance from the fans .
  • Game to forget really but a great atmosphere and celebration at the end for both sets of fans! Respect shown both ways!
  • I think Fosu will be on the bench at least for the second leg nailed on - I have my doubts that he is 10 days away - he's already back running and doing gym sessions as of last week (according to Bows himself) so my guess is he will be back training with the team on Monday morning and then it's just a question of fitness and how the hammy reacts the first few sessions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great drink before in the Baum and love in with the Rochdale fans after in the Ratcliffe.

"We're on our way"
  • Can understand why Bow didn’t swap Zyro for Mag. Don’t want Mag getting injured. But Zyro probably shouldn’t play for us again. Mincer.
  • Zyro. Another Charlton mystery. Looked very good for a couple of games. Now we’re relying on Josh.
  • I thought Zyro looked ok apart from Misti I g a couple of runs that would have given him easier goal scoring opportunities.

Not that was a game where we got the ball across much.
  • edited May 2018
    This is so funny! Some of you moaning about how bad we played , as some have said it was our reserve attack! Kaikai yes is a bloody awful player and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team ! Anyway Rochdale needed to win more but we're also rubbish! But I was glad for Thompson where match winner who has survived cancer twice! Hat off to him! But we may have played badly and in 1st gear but at the end of the day we have made the play offs !!!!! Rejoice coz we are better at playing better sides! Also glad to see Jacko get on !
  • edited May 2018
    The Good

Great atmosphere, well done Charlton fans.
    Some good possession in the first half. Intelligent balls played into space to keep possession when pressed (though sadly not to attack).
    The number of free kicks we got in the first half.
    Great run from Konsa in the second half.
    Seeing JJ come on.
    The anticipation of waiting for the Oldham score.
    Seeing all the happy Dale boys on the pitch.
    We're in the play offs.
    Skillfully masterminded a 6th place spot, avoiding Rotherham.

The Bad

Took it too easy.
    No goal threat.
    Too many wasted dead balls.
    Why was Konsa ignored on that run?
    Muggy chanting when it looked like Dale would get relegated. Don't some people know that karma bites you on the bum?
    We lost - and have absolutely no reason to complain about the result.

The Ugly

Zero and Byebye
  • Shrewsbury will not fancy meeting us, Ajose and Mac upfront, See you all at Wembley!