Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton POST MATCH THREAD 05/05/2018

Comments

• Options
    Bullied in defence, outfought in midfield, powderpuff in attack. Piss poor.

And although our play off place was pretty certain, form and momentum are critical. You can’t just flick a switch, bring back rested players and expect it all to click. Play like that against Shrewsbury and we will be missing out on a day at Wembley and a golden chance to get out of this shit league.
  • Options
    Utter toilet performance. Cant tell if we were genuinely shite or took our foot off the gas when we heard the plymuff score. Shews lost at home to MK so im not sure what to think about the playoffs right now.
  • Options
    Kaikai wasn’t very good but Zyro was awful and I hope doesn’t get near the team in the play offs. Was crap.

Boring game but we seemed to not try and the aim being to avoid any injuries and be ready for Thursday. Shame as a lot of people spent good time and money on that.

Must up our game on Thursday. Magennis and Ajose to come back in and make better use of Mavididi and we will look much better and more threatening.

We move on. Congratulations to Rochdale.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

And although our play off place was pretty certain, form and momentum are critical. You can’t just flick a switch, bring back rested players and expect it all to click. Play like that against Shrewsbury and we will be missing out on a day at Wembley and a golden chance to get out of this shit league.

Yet just that happened when we faced Plymouth and Rotherham at the Valley

We'd just come off the back of a 1-0 loss against Blackpool and turgid home 0-0 against Fleetwood
  • Options

Taught me three things,

1. We wont score enough goals to win playoffs,
    2. We need to get out of this division at all costs
    3. Football needs to look at the rule surrounding keeping the ball in the corner and obstruction.

Regarding number 3, I don't think we were too bothered. Marshall was all smiles.
  • Options

If you traveled 450 miles round trip to see that awful loss, do you feel good that you saw us make the playoffs, or bad at having to travel that distance to see such a performance?

Yes
  • Options
    Rubbish performance but sod it, can't believe we're even in the play-offs after the season we've had.

We've played better recently against the teams in and around us, bar scunthorpe, so hopefully we see that side of the team.

Echo what others have said, big chance for some to stake a claim and they didn't step up.. let's hope Fosu makes a quicker than expected recovery.
  • Options
    Poo performance overall, we will get bullied in the playoffs.
  • Options

3. Football needs to look at the rule surrounding keeping the ball in the corner and obstruction.

Especially as Davies at one point was pushing our player away from the ball whilst not even touching it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I suppose we had to make it look like we were trying. Sounds like Shrewsbury were doing the same. Gutted I am gonna miss the home game though.
  • Options
    Energy saving, and reducing risk of injuries I can understand. But the touch, passing and movement was atrocious. Surely that is not a tactic.
  • Options
    That was shite. Thank you to the pikeys for putting qualification guaranteed so early. If we had, had to win we would not be in the mix. Really nervous now about the pressure games coming up.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Yet just that happened when we faced Plymouth and Rotherham at the Valley

We'd just come off the back of a 1-0 loss against Blackpool and turgid home 0-0 against Fleetwood
    True, and it might happen again. But it’s not often we pull out of a mini slump so spectacularly.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Hope we don’t see Kaikai and Zyro ever again

For Kaikai I reckon that was his last opportunity.

Going by Bowyer's comments in midweek, he's been unimpressed and gave him this chance as it wasnt as important

Did absolutely nothing all game so cant see him being on the bench for Thursday
  • Options
    I just hope

(A) Shrewsbury have run out of steam
    (B) we were taking it easy in readiness for Thursday knowing Plymouth had lost
    (C) Fosu is fit

Coz we were rubbish today

• Options
    Morale boosting performance from Charlton Meh!

Never ever change...
  • Options
    Well that was £7.99 well spent then...poor display. Feel sorry for the travelling Fans. Play like that in the semis and Wembley will be a distant dream...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Shrewsbury watch the video because they will think they are going to stroll it on Thursday. Awful nothing of a performance but understandable.
  • Options
    Avoided a double bruising From Rotherham or Scunthorpe is good enough for me.
  • Options
    Not great but once we knew the pikeys were winning I was past caring

The one and only time I will ever go to Rochdale

Que sera sera
  • Options

Anyone who think that performance will be anything like when we face Shrews in the play-offs needs their head checking. It was a glorified training game, minimal effort required, only one team needed a result and they got it.

Shrews lost as well by the way (and they were at home to already relegated MK) does that mean they won't be a challenge next week?

This all day long, was a training game after the first 25 mins.

Bowyer knows that and we’ll be a totally different side come Thursday

Chill and have a beer and watch the boxing
  • Options
    That was very poor. Left home at 10am and will be home about 1.30am. Feel cheated, expected much better. Was that a pen near the end?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options

That was very poor. Left home at 10am and will be home about 1.30am. Feel cheated, expected much better. Was that a pen near the end?

Definitely a pen. But how often do we get those.
  • Options
    Stonewall pen for the Reeves foul
  • Options
    I know we will put out a stronger side on Thursday, but I'm really concerned where our goals are going to come from. We really need a 2 goal lead from the first leg but Magennis & Ajose are hardly prolific.