Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    I hope we'll be able to print at home, for the home leg...
  • Options

Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.

Yep, I think Ticketmaster is their best option to save this from turning into a complete rolling goatfuck!

Not sure all the cost savings have been legitimate or successful. They were warned the new ticketing system they were buying was a dud and they still went ahead with it.
  • Options
    This club is a joke. F*ck off Roland.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Airman mentioned on another thread some time ago if we get to Wembley Ticktmaster will handle the sale, sounds sensible to me.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.

So are you saying that the ticket office is now not fit for purpose?
    It is certainly not fit for the purpose of selling 20-25,000 tickets over a few days. And why should it be?
    No difference then to 8 years ago?
    I am assuming the staffing levels have been cut since then. And people with the experience of a ticket selling operation anywhere near this size have long gone.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Via Ticketmaster?! What a joke.

I think it's a very good idea, assuming TM have all the necessary info.
    Ticketmaster are used to selling thousands of tickets in a matter of hours, even minutes.
    There's no way our ticket office could sell all those tickets in a few days and also sell tickets for the away leg as well.
    Didn't have this problem 8 years ago when we last appeared in the play offs v Swindon. Back then no online sales (Correct me if I'm wrong) so either ring up or go down to the club.

As we remember the sales of the away tickets (all on general sale) back then on a Monday morining caused carnage. A decision made by the CEO at the time. Wrong then and still wrong now.

So are we saying that another of Madam Meire's decisions (Closing the ticket office downstairs and giving it to the NHS) is now biting us on the arse?

It should only go wrong if TM haven't been adequately briefed.
    Blinding.
    Only been to pompey at home on a freebie this year but I’ve still got about 5 peoples details from the fuck up a couple of years ago and have a couple of mates in valley gold.
    Let me know if anyone’s struggling.
  • Options
    I remain grateful to @paulbaconsarnie for sorting me out a Swindon ticket last time. Hopefully won’t need to call on your services again. But you never know.
  • Options
    You do wonder how much tickets are gonna be if the hospitality package is only £20
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We moaning again
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Will Ticket Master allow you to choose which seat you want if you’re not a STH. I doubt it ... I was hoping to sit with my mates.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Will Ticket Master allow you to choose which seat you want if you’re not a STH. I doubt it ... I was hoping to sit with my mates.

And I was hoping to sit in Covered End will probably end up in west
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Why would they not. If I was booking for an O2 event I would expect to be able to choose where I wanted to sit and even a specific seat if it was available.
  • Options
    I remember for the swindon game I went online 30 minutes after the Oldham game and got tickets....thats how far we have regressed.

I dont think we even sold out the swindon game and we had many more season ticket holders......so lets say now plus VG its about 7000, that leaves 17000 left, if you want a ticket and on the clubs database I dont think there will be a problem getting one
  • Options

I remember for the swindon game I went online 30 minutes after the Oldham game and got tickets....thats how far we have regressed.

I dont think we even sold out the swindon game and we had many more season ticket holders......so lets say now plus VG its about 7000, that leaves 17000 left, if you want a ticket and on the clubs database I dont think there will be a problem getting one

The Swindon home playoff crowd was around 21k I recall....
  • Options
    I want to go to the Valley in person on Monday or more likely Tuesday.
    Will I be able to get tickets for both games (if we make it) by going in person?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will I be able to get tickets for both games (if we make it) by going in person?

No.

Tickets for home match only availble on ticketmaster.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

Keith Prowse or Stargreen by Oxford Circus tube station
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

seth plum said:

Keith Prowse or Stargreen by Oxford Circus tube station
    OK. I can schlepp up London and do it. Suits me rather than rely on the uncertainties of technology and the post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but you will still have to get an away ticket from Charlton.
  • Options
    No walk up for the home leg?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

No walk up for the home leg?

That would be insane. However, even if you outsource the ticket sales off the stadium map you can still retain blocks of seats and bulk print paper tickets for sale on the night.

Let’s not assume a Thursday night game at home to Shrewsbury live on Sky is going to sell out. The timescale is a big problem for the club.
  • Options
    Fat Stan is rubbing his hands over this
  • Options
    insanity is en vogue at Charlton these days
  • Options
    How will ticketmaster know if you are valley gold, season ticket, away purchase etc.
  • Options
    I assume they have access to the Club database. After which you will get ten emails a day for concerts, theatre, etc etc
  • Options
    Another thing the club could have done is used the bank holiday to their advantage and opened up the ticket office on Sunday and Monday (as well throughout the week up till kick off). The main job of the back office of any club is to sell tickets!