Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacko's all time 11

2»

Comments

• Options

Yohann Thuram
    Loic Nego
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Rhys Williams
    Zakarya Bergdich
    Davide Petrucci
    El-Hadji Ba
    Cristian Ceballos
    Christophe Lepoint
    Piotr Parzyszek
    Marcus Tudgay

You expect us to take your team seriously when you've missed out Anil Koc!?
    I considered putting him in for Ceballos but he never played a first team game (I think).
  • Options
    It's good, but I'd much prefer to see a 4231... Jacko out.
  • Options

Yohann Thuram
    Loic Nego
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Rhys Williams
    Zakarya Bergdich
    Davide Petrucci
    El-Hadji Ba
    Cristian Ceballos
    Christophe Lepoint
    Piotr Parzyszek
    Marcus Tudgay

I considered putting him in for Ceballos but he never played a first team game (I think).
    No I'm pretty sure you'd remember the Koc chants.
  • Options
    What’s happened to Coquelin, never see him in an Arsenal side these days
  • Options

He joined Valencia in January.

Wenger just hadn't seemed to fancy him in the last couple years. It's weird because one of the things they've been crying out for is a defensive midfielder. It might be that he's just a little bit below top four standard, though I'd argue he'd not be alone in that in that Arsenal side, particularly in midfield.
  • Options

He was getting rave reviews when he first went back, however his form dipped. He was a bit of the pace (Admittedly Arsenal have been) and passing was not up to the standard, not surprised he went. I can see him ending up at somewhere like West Spam in the not too distant future or a similar middle / to bottom Premier league club if they went down.
  • Options
    Special mention for Ricardo Vaz Te as well.
  • Options

He was getting rave reviews when he first went back, however his form dipped. He was a bit of the pace (Admittedly Arsenal have been) and passing was not up to the standard, not surprised he went. I can see him ending up at somewhere like West Spam in the not too distant future or a similar middle / to bottom Premier league club if they went down.
    Been injured for last 7 games as well
  • Options
    Elliott
    Solly, Morrison, Gomez, Wiggins
    Gudmundson, Stephens, Buyens, Holmes
    Kermorgant, Wright Phillips
  • Options

Elliott

Good shout on Elliot and Holmes. I suspect Hendo being in there was at least in part down to the fact that they seemed to be mates. I was never that convinced by him and would have Pope, Hamer, and Elliot ahead of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread makes me both happy and sad.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Elliott

Good shout on Elliot and Holmes. I suspect Hendo being in there was at least in part down to the fact that they seemed to be mates. I was never that convinced by him and would have Pope, Hamer, and Elliot ahead of him.
    Would have Henderson over Hamer any day. Elliot over Hamer too.

I liked Holmes but Lookman is miles better.
  • Options

Yohann Thuram
    Loic Nego
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Rhys Williams
    Zakarya Bergdich
    Davide Petrucci
    El-Hadji Ba
    Cristian Ceballos
    Christophe Lepoint
    Piotr Parzyszek
    Marcus Tudgay

Plus with no Ceballos who would take the corners?
  • Options

Anyone got Valley Pass and able to put his 11 up here
    Hamer/Hendo
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Wiggins
    Lookman
    Stephens
    Coquelin
    Gudmundsson
    Kermorgant
    Wright-Phillips

Couldn't decide between Hamer and Henderson in goal, but at the end he carefully placed his pen over Hendo's name, so I reckon he thinks it's Hamer.
    Bought under Roland - 3
    Sold/Released under Roland - 9
  • Options
    Definitely right about Wiggins, such a shame to see him end up the way he has.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Elliott

Would have Henderson over Hamer any day. Elliot over Hamer too.

I liked Holmes but Lookman is miles better.
    Yeah you're right about Lookman being the better player. But I still think Holmes was worth a shout.

Elliot and Pope for his last six months would be at the top of my list. My read on Henderson was that he had something of the Shay Givens about him (on the pitch). He was a good shot stopper, excellent at times, but that papered over other flaws that are sometimes harder to spot in Keepers. He didn't come for crosses nearly enough, especially in his own six yard box. And his distribution was poor. To be fair to him I may be placing more weight on his last few months with us, at which point it seemed his chronic shoulders problems had started influencing his performance. Also, he'll always have my utmost respect for coming out and talking to the press after the Huddersfield game.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Elliott

Henderson had many better games for us than Pope
  • Options

Played 8 first team games since he left us.
  • Options
    Oh remembering the days when we pinched Bournemouth's best players
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Played 8 first team games since he left us.
    That's sad . He was brilliant for two seasons; indeed, this season has been the first one that I've been happy with our left backs since he started getting injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diarra should defo make that team, he must have forgotten him
  • Options
    Felt like I was one of only a few who rated Stephens highly. Seemed he was not appreciated by the masses when he was here but his stock has risen since he left.
    His debut for us will live long in the memory. He was everywhere, taking possession, moving it quickly, picking out superb passes and a few shots ( he may even have scored, I can’t quite remember)
    I thought what a player. How can you pick up someone of this quality for peanuts??
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Felt like I was one of only a few who rated Stephens highly. Seemed he was not appreciated by the masses when he was here but his stock has risen since he left.
    His debut for us will live long in the memory. He was everywhere, taking possession, moving it quickly, picking out superb passes and a few shots ( he may even have scored, I can’t quite remember)
    I thought what a player. How can you pick up someone of this quality for peanuts??

With you , he was a class act, loved a tackle and good range of passing, Premier League was always going to suit him.