Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Murray

Comments

• I would guess we would all have a different perspective if we had been the one bailing the club out with cheque after cheque to stop it going to the wall - I'm not sure how him walking away at the height of the protests would have solved anything but anyway, it's tedious in my opinion to keep pawing over it all but so be it, a few obviously have a grudge for some reason or other and that's their business so fair enough
  • Let us see if he makes a statement about the take over not happening to the end of the season. What's the odds
  • ross1 said:

Let us see if he makes a statement about the take over not happening to the end of the season. What's the odds

Which season?
  • DOUCHER said:

I would guess we would all have a different perspective if we had been the one bailing the club out with cheque after cheque to stop it going to the wall - I'm not sure how him walking away at the height of the protests would have solved anything but anyway, it's tedious in my opinion to keep pawing over it all but so be it, a few obviously have a grudge for some reason or other and that's their business so fair enough

Nobody would be discussing Murray at all if he hadn’t endorsed the spivs, knowing what they were, and then acted as public cheerleader for Duchatelet and Meire as they wrecked the club. His choice.
    well lets hope the next lot turn out to be better - you would know more about it than me but i guess when you are desperate to sell you have to go with whoever is prepared to buy and hope for the best?
  • I was in shock when I saw him walk forward to present the award to JJ. Richard Murray must have the skin of a rhino if he doesn't realize how many people see him as persona non Grata now.
    Keith Peacock, Seb Lewis or Fanny Fanackapan should've been asked to make the presentation.
    True legends of CAFC.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I would guess we would all have a different perspective if we had been the one bailing the club out with cheque after cheque to stop it going to the wall - I'm not sure how him walking away at the height of the protests would have solved anything but anyway, it's tedious in my opinion to keep pawing over it all but so be it, a few obviously have a grudge for some reason or other and that's their business so fair enough

Nobody would be discussing Murray at all if he hadn’t endorsed the spivs, knowing what they were, and then acted as public cheerleader for Duchatelet and Meire as they wrecked the club. His choice.
    well lets hope the next lot turn out to be better - you would know more about it than me but i guess when you are desperate to sell you have to go with whoever is prepared to buy and hope for the best?
    Yeah that makes sense, however, you don't need to continue to offer them support and backing, Murray is interested in one thing and one thing only, himself.

He would have sold up to Gaddafi if it meant keeping his seat at the table.
    You may or may not be right - I don't know and I don't know how anybody else would
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yeah that makes sense, however, you don't need to continue to offer them support and backing, Murray is interested in one thing and one thing only, himself.

He would have sold up to Gaddafi if it meant keeping his seat at the table.
    You may or may not be right - I don't know and I don't know how anybody else would
    So agree. Only RM knows what motivates him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spot on Mr.President,I will never forget the day we took 4000 to Port Vale in our promotion year for a vital match,with Murray paying for the coaches.How times change,he came out before the game and was greeted warmly by all who travelled,and I firmly believe that he would be very flexible with RD to retain his involvement with the club.

Yeah amazing day. Recall some tosser in the Port Vale car park wanted to charge the coaches to park there. Peter Varney got involved and b*******d the thicko into taking the reg. numbers of the coaches and promising to arrange payment later! He also, I believe, informed the Old Bill that if it wasn't sorted out ALL the coaches would leave the car park and park in the road... that went down well! Good old PV, as we say 'Proper Charlton!' Won 1-0 that day (penalty) after Vale had played us off the park. They were relegated that season if I remember correctly.

• He had buckets of goodwill at one time. He used that all up a while back. And now he's just spouting whatever Duchatalet tells him to keep is quiet.
  • sad? I booed and I was disappointed more didn't and was surprised that most clapped. He is as much a persona non grata as RD is. He can't ever recover from the events of the RD years. He is as much the problem as RD is and KM was. Hope RD takes him with him when he goes.

No way is Murray anywhere near as bad as RD. How people can say that after all he has done is beyond me.
    Agree he is not as bad. But he has enabled Duchatalet in his trashing of the club and for that he won't be forgiven.
  • What would have happened if he hadnt guaranteed the overdraft under the Spivs ? No problem with him coming as a fan after RD goes.
  • Mentioned this on match thread but for those who missed it the poor guy is sat on his own in the directors box no-one anywhere near him bless him
  • Mentioned this on match thread but for those who missed it the poor guy is sat on his own in the directors box no-one anywhere near him bless him

Sounds the rest of the ‘crowd’

He has lost his normal companion as she is in Sheffield and the owner has not be seen for years. Who else is there, if you can see
  • I am surprised that no one started this before. I thought it was sad that Richard Murray was booed when he presented to Johnny Jackson on Saturday. I understand why as Richard has been a supporter, or not a voice questioning them, of the RD, KM era.
    Richard has been a part of the Charlton “ golden age” and obviously financially supported the club.
    What does he need to do to recover from the support of RD? Or is it even possible?

• ross1 said:

Mentioned this on match thread but for those who missed it the poor guy is sat on his own in the directors box no-one anywhere near him bless him

He has lost his normal companion as she is in Sheffield and the owner has not be seen for years. Who else is there, if you can see
    Isn't Sue Vol-au-vent there?
  • "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Mentioned this on match thread but for those who missed it the poor guy is sat on his own in the directors box no-one anywhere near him bless him

Isn't Sue Vol-au-vent there?
    Probably made an early dash to the food, after 5 minutes :smiley:
  • Dickie no mates.
  • What of Richard Murray?
    Not heard a peep out of him for quite some time. Has he gone to ground?
  • edited December 2018

What of Richard Murray?

Best place for a weasel is underground.
  • What of Richard Murray?

Most snakes do
  • Hibenating
  • Is he boycotting as well? :smiley:
  • What can he say ? His credibility is hardly bright and shiny with Charlton fans. In any case I doubt he knows any more than we do.
  • N01R4M said:

Is he boycotting as well? :smiley:

Permanently I hope.