Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday vs Rochdale on sky.

Comments

• Options
    Where are people watching this.

Maybe people who are planning on pubbing it can all gather at the same pub and create an atmosphere
  • Options
    I've got my 2 tickets & so still going.......which means my gaff is free if anyone wants to watch the game
  • Options
    Does this mean it won't be on iFollow?
  • Options
    Personally think this is a shame as will leave less fans are tempted to travel up north.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Joshuk87 said:

Just said we will be on sky Saturday.

This is rather curious!
    I am looking at the programme listings on my Sky Sports channels for Sky Sport on Saturday and there is no specific mention of the game being shown live?
    There is a programme called....Live League One Final Day. It starts at around 5.15 and finishes at 8.00. It’s going out on 3 channels....401 SkySpMainEvHD or 403 SkySp F’ball HD and 855 SkySpMainEv.
    The programme is described as follows.
    “The final day of the 2017-18 League1 season, as the promotion, relegation and play-off pictures are finalised.”
    There is NO mention of our game but it’s clearly being presented as a ‘cover all round-up type programme’ of the days happenings.
    Most curious, so unless Sky have changed the programme (which I very much doubt) one must assume we are to be included.
    However.....it’s unclear if they will be showing our game in its entirety. They always specify if they are showing a particular game.
    If others have CERTAIN knowledge and can confirm either way please do so, as it’s very confusing?
    I apologise for maybe giving some of you a bit of anxiety but I can only tell you what Sky are showing on their current listings as of 05.00 on Wednesday morning and it certainly doesn’t mention our game in any shape or form?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Chizz said:

SDAddick said:

The last game at The Valley I went to was on telly, at home to Ipswich in December 2014.

12:30 kickoff. Still very drunk from a night out with uni friends from the night before. We were decent and had all of the play. They scored the winner with the last kick of the game.

Few things worse than being drunk and sad at 1415 in the afternoon in a Saturday.

Christ! You must have had a few. It's nearly four years ago.
    Me: "Guys, I think we have a drinking problem."
    Mate: "Yup.
  • Options

Joshuk87 said:

This is rather curious!
    I am looking at the programme listings on my Sky Sports channels for Sky Sport on Saturday and there is no specific mention of the game being shown live?
    There is a programme called....Live League One Final Day. It starts at around 5.15 and finishes at 8.00. It’s going out on 3 channels....401 SkySpMainEvHD or 403 SkySp F’ball HD and 855 SkySpMainEv.
    “The final day of the 2017-18 League1 season, as the promotion,relegation and play-off pictures are finalised.”
    There is nNO mention of our game but it’s clearly being presented as a ‘cover all round-up type programme’ of the days happenings.
    Most curious, so unless Sky have changed the programme (which I very much doubt) one must assume we are to be included.
    However.....it’s unclear if they will be showing our game in its entirety.
    If others have CERTAIN knowledge and can confirm either way please do so, as it’s very confusing?
    I apologise for maybe giving some of you a bit of anxiety but I can only tell you what Sky are showing on their current listings as of 05.00 on Wednesday morning.
    That's a generic listing that goes out. They only announced the live game last night.

• Options

Anyone have any shouts for somewhere in borough market area that will 100% show it??

Ring the pubs.
  • Options

Anyone have any shouts for somewhere in borough market area that will 100% show it??

Ring the pubs.
    But I’m lazy and that’s on par with finding my own train tickets, and then treating the finder to a shandy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Joshuk87 said:

This is rather curious!
    “The final day of the 2017-18 League1 season, as the promotion,relegation and play-off pictures are finalised.”
    There is nNO mention of our game but it’s clearly being presented as a ‘cover all round-up type programme’ of the days happenings.
    However.....it’s unclear if they will be showing our game in its entirety.
    I apologise for maybe giving some of you a bit of anxiety but I can only tell you what Sky are showing on their current listings as of 05.00 on Wednesday morning.
    That's a generic listing that goes out. They only announced the live game last night.

Thanks for clearing that up CfS.......panic over!
    It’s all systems go.
  • Options

Ring the pubs.
    But I’m lazy and that’s on par with finding my own train tickets, and then treating the finder to a shandy
    Ffs that has not materialised.
  • Options

Does this mean it won't be on iFollow?

Correct.
  • Options
    Any Addicks local to Greenhithe welcome to come & watch at my Legion club, Everton v Southampton won’t get a look in, committee member veto and all that
  • Options
    Anywhere in Blackheath or Greenwich to watch? I would love to go up on Saturday but have prior commitment
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Anywhere in Blackheath or Greenwich to watch? I would love to go up on Saturday but have prior commitment

Would think almost certainly The Swan in Charlton village would show it.
  • Options
    Playing in front of camera`s not good. We always get beaten and badly then.
  • Options
    And there was me hoping the next four games would be on Sky
  • Options
    Still glad i'm going tbf, after the atmosphere at Pompey and with whats at stake, it should be a cracking atmosphere!
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Why bother with the play-offs in that case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No coverage in Oz......serves me right for emigrating!
  • Options
    Anybody got a month sky sports pass on Now TV before? Thinking of getting one. Is it as easy as it seems? If I get a month tonight will it cover all our games? Even if we reach the final? I could work these things out myself but I’m lazy. :)
  • Options
    msomerton said:

The last few times we've been on the box have been slightly better from memory,

I'm sure i've missed some (blocked out) but there was:

Charlton 2 - 0 Middlesborough

Rotherham 1 - 4 Charlton

Charlton 2 - 2 Fulham
  • Options
    I’m still gonna make the 4 hour drive from Norfolk

Let’s have a mini party celebration if and when we seal it. We deserve it
  • Options

hold off on the celebrations till we win them, without sounding like were a massive club finishing top 6 in league 1 certainly isn't a great achievement.
  • Options

msomerton said:

Rotherham 1 - 4 Charlton

Charlton 2 - 2 Fulham
    I remember losing to Fulham 3-0
    Got about 6 guys round from work.
    Spent a fortune getting beers in.

And we were rubbish
  • Options

msomerton said:

Rotherham 1 - 4 Charlton

Charlton 2 - 2 Fulham
    Rotherham wasn’t on TV
  • Options

hold off on the celebrations till we win them, without sounding like were a massive club finishing top 6 in league 1 certainly isn't a great achievement.
    Will be a great achievement you getting the beers in..............................
  • Options

msomerton said:

Rotherham 1 - 4 Charlton

Charlton 2 - 2 Fulham
    Rotherham wasn’t on TV
    Was on chucklevision
  • Options
    Was our last televised game the 3-0 defeat at Swindon?