Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Gerrard - new Rangers manager

Comments

• Options
    Take a look at the Rangers forums - they are wetting themselves with excitement over his appointment - I may be wrong, however I can't see this going well - the gulf in class between them and Celtic at the weekend was enormous - and as I understand matters, Rangers haven't exactly got a bottomless pit of money to buy new players with - he may be a big name, however players won't go and play for him in Scottish football just because of that - they will want their ££££££'s as well
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Liverpool/Celtic fans riled is always something to enjoy.

Why are celtic fans riled they have just done 7 in a row and are about to do the double treble.
  • Options
    My team in Glasgow is Rangers however I can only see this going one way..........badly.
  • Options
    Joking aside, I would have preferred to see him work his way up. Whether you consider the Scottish League a joke and whether you love or hate Rangers, it's a high profile job, and a big platform to fail on...
  • Options

Joking aside, I would have preferred to see him work his way up. Whether you consider the Scottish League a joke and whether you love or hate Rangers, it's a high profile job, and a big platform to fail on...

He is working his way up. Other then Celtic, the standard of the Scottish PL is dismal...
  • Options

He is working his way up. Other then Celtic, the standard of the Scottish PL is dismal...
    Still high profile, as I may have said...
  • Options
    Liverpool youngsters on loan.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Think it’s a good move. Getting Gary McAllister in as his assistant is a good choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Err. Including Celtic, the standard of the Scottish PL is dismal.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Err. Including Celtic, the standard of the Scottish PL is dismal.
    Celtic’s performances in the CL echo your statement.
  • Options
    Big step up.
    One thing is for sure, he will have a huge amount of respect from each player in that dressing room.
    As others have said the gulf between them and the top of the league is massive so maybe Stevie G will have to use a few of his contacts to get some players in this summer.

Hope it goes well for him and the gers!

• Options
    Hope for rangers fans sake.. Its all above board this time.
  • Options
    Daniel Sturridge up there?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

A name as big as his isn't going to start in the lower leagues. It's nice to see the Ranger's fans happy if nothing else. Apparently he supported them (and Everton) when he was younger.

• Options
    WSS said:

Rangers? Nope.
  • Options
    The Board at Rangers are under huge pressure to deliver. There will be money, but it would be stupid to make that known at this stage.

His signing is good for football in general, but great for Scotland and has already started to create a buzz. There were 5,000 Rangers fans at Ibrox to welcome him today.

Really hope this works out for the sake of Scottish football which is so so poor at the moment.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Take a look at the Rangers forums - they are wetting themselves with excitement over his appointment - I may be wrong, however I can't see this going well - the gulf in class between them and Celtic at the weekend was enormous - and as I understand matters, Rangers haven't exactly got a bottomless pit of money to buy new players with - he may be a big name, however players won't go and play for him in Scottish football just because of that - they will want their ££££££'s as well

Well you clearly know something that the board haven’t told Gerrard during their 2-3 week negotiations, please enlighten us?
    Gerrard, his agent & Mcallister would have wanted cast iron guarantees regards investment before signing on the dotted line no doubt. So, unless they’ve been lied too, I’ll trust Gerard’s judgement.

In regards to the gulf in class, accepted, but that’s why they brought him in, to start trying to bridge that gulf, it wont happen next season, but they have to start somewhere, damned if they do, damned if they don’t, if they had brought in Karl Robinson, people would be shouting no ambition or small time etc
    And boards of football clubs are so honest aren't they
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DA9 said:

Well you clearly know something that the board haven’t told Gerrard during their 2-3 week negotiations, please enlighten us?
    Gerrard, his agent & Mcallister would have wanted cast iron guarantees regards investment before signing on the dotted line no doubt. So, unless they’ve been lied too, I’ll trust Gerard’s judgement.

In regards to the gulf in class, accepted, but that’s why they brought him in, to start trying to bridge that gulf, it wont happen next season, but they have to start somewhere, damned if they do, damned if they don’t, if they had brought in Karl Robinson, people would be shouting no ambition or small time etc
    Most are except at the huns.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Most are except at the huns.
    Unnecessary!!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Injured himself driving up there.
  • Options
    I take it his gangster contacts have given him the nod to this move?
  • Options
    Crazy move for both him and Rangers, they need a slow, methodical rebuild from someone who has done it successfullly before - instead they take the easy option of a big name.
  • Options
    Can’t see him seeing out his 4 year contract.
  • Options
    What badges has Gerrard attained ?
  • Options

What badges has Gerrard attained ?

Done his UEFA A
  • Options
    I don’t know if he has the right sort of personality to be a successful manager. He always comes across as quite quiet, and a bit shy in interviews.