Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

I notice Wordsworth is available.

I prefer Keats.

• Options

Richard J said:

Wordsworth was a Charlton fan i reckon......"Suffering is permanent,obscure and dark,And shares the nature of infinity"
    Brilliant definition of what it feels like to be a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Our midfield tends to wander lonely as a cloud.

You beat me to it.
  • Options
    I've heard a rumour that one of our first team is off to a Championship club, but I'm not saying who as I was told in confidence.
  • Options

I've heard a rumour that one of our first team is off to a Championship club, but I'm not saying who as I was told in confidence.

I've heard Bauer to Leeds don't know how true
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

I've heard Bauer to Leeds don't know how true
    Hope not
  • Options
    Bauer to Blackburn
  • Options

I have no reason to think you’re wrong, but honestly with the amount of information even well trusted sources have gotten wrong so far, I wouldn’t be worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I have no reason to think you’re wrong, but honestly with the amount of information even well trusted sources have gotten wrong so far, I wouldn’t be worried.
    It's Bauer to Blackburn from a very well trusted source, who is right more often than wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Will be gutted if the BFG goes, he's one of the few that will make the step up if we go up imo
  • Options
    Fair play, if we lost Bauer I'd like to see us have a go for Sonny Bradley at Plymouth
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Laddick01 said:

Fair play, if we lost Bauer I'd like to see us have a go for Sonny Bradley at Plymouth

Think that would leave us with 4 left footed centre backs though, assuming Konsa leaves
  • Options

Richard J said:

Isn't he currently with Windermere FC ?
    And some fell on stony ground.....

:-(
  • Options
    So I guess at the moment with Konsa, Bauer, Kashi and Marshall apparently leaving, currently our first team would look like this:

Phillips

Solly - Sarr - Pearce - Page

Reeves - Aribo - F-Caskey - Fosu

Magennis - Ajose
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ross1 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/940588580?-11197:833

Johnnie Jackson is irreplaceable of course. One of the most popular players ever to ply his trade at The Valley, Jackson is a cast iron certainty to be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame

He is now 29-years-old and has had his share of injury problems, so wage demands would have to be sensible.

He has been released by his club, so there would be no transfer fee involved. His manager - Chris Powell - knows a thing or two about left-footers........and Charlton.‎

He has scored 60 goals in 298 league appearances and joined the Shrimpers in 2015, where he netted 18 goals in 79 league appearances .

He has been coveted by the Addicks in the past, but could this finally be the time that Anthony Wordsworth pitches up at The Valley?‎

Why would we want to sign someone that Powell has just released, if we think he knows a thing or two after left footers?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Johnnie Jackson is irreplaceable of course. One of the most popular players ever to ply his trade at The Valley, Jackson is a cast iron certainty to be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame

He is now 29-years-old and has had his share of injury problems, so wage demands would have to be sensible.

He has been released by his club, so there would be no transfer fee involved. His manager - Chris Powell - knows a thing or two about left-footers........and Charlton.‎

He has scored 60 goals in 298 league appearances and joined the Shrimpers in 2015, where he netted 18 goals in 79 league appearances .

He has been coveted by the Addicks in the past, but could this finally be the time that Anthony Wordsworth pitches up at The Valley?‎

Why would be want to sign someone that Powell has just released, if we think he knows a thing or two after left footers?

Suspect that he has been released because of injuries. The key as Ketts says depends on his wage demands.

Personally I think Wordsworth would be the creative outlet we need but would he play enough games?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

ross1 said:

Why would be want to sign someone that Powell has just released, if we think he knows a thing or two after left footers?

Suspect that he has been released because of injuries. The key as Ketts says depends on his wage demands.

Personally I think Wordsworth would be the creative outlet we need but would he play enough games?
    It just seem to me that "Doctor Kish's" blog (for once) seems a bit illogical.

If Powell knows about left footers, then why would we pick up a player he's released (whether for form or injuries). It's not as if Wordsworth left because his contract demands were too great by the sound of things.

Interestingly the Southend chairman thinks they had the 4th biggest budget last year. People like Michael Turner weren't cheap.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16263718._Blues_had_fourth_biggest_budget_in_League_One_last_season_/
  • Options
    Chunk in players like Simon Cox, Michael Kightly and Anton Ferdinand, and it's not hard to believe that Southends wage bill was right up there.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

ross1 said:

Hope we are looking for better than Southend has beens
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Richard J said:

ross1 said:

Hope we are looking for better than Southend has beens
    I think they are going to have a strong season.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

ross1 said:

Why would we want to sign someone that Powell has just released, if we think he knows a thing or two after left footers?

I seem to remember Wordsworth got into a bit of trouble on the Southend player's Christmas night out.
    Something about assaulting a police officer.

He's out of contract and not been offered a new one.
    Maybe it's something to do with that incident, rather than his playing ability?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    EVERTON, BRIGHTON TARGET KONSA

A potential arrival at Goodison Park comes in the form of Charlton defender Ezri Konsa, according to the Daily Mirror.

The England U20 international has reportedly been on the radar of Everton since the turn of the year.

The report suggests Brighton will rival Everton for the player’s signature.

Everton also after Lascelles...

LASCELLES TO EVERTON?

Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles is in the sights of new Everton manager Marco Silva, according to The Sun.

Everton are reportedly preparing a £30m bid for the 24-year-old who may be looking for a new home as talks over Rafa Benitez's future at St James' Park continue.

Sky Sports.