Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Red_James said:

Sage said:

Just read that a Barnsley fan says we are 'after' Alex Mowatt from them.

Again not sure how reliable it is as it's a Barnsley fan saying it and yes I have been extremely bored at work

Edit: changed the original description of post cause I thought I read that he knew someone that is itk. Link to thread where comment is mentioned below

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/erhun-oztumer.268781/

It's a rumour I guess but the same bloke says they're close to bringing in Oztumer despite a few Champ clubs wanting him. Smells like doo doo to me.
    With Bowyer in charge, it is something that I could maybe see us being interested in. Mowatt has struggled recently but with a motivational manager and someone that can teach him a few things, dropping down a division to rediscover himself could be a good move.

Probably nonsense but the type of player I would be more than happy for us to sign.
    Wasn't Mowatt at Oxford last season on loan?
    He was, but for the season he had 3 different managers, all with quite a few amount of games in charge. Ex Leeds Assistant manager at the beginning so probably knew Mowatt, caretaker in the middle and Robinson at the end. It’s a recipe for a poor season, especially for a young midfielder.

With a bit of guidance from Bowyer and Jackson who knows the position Mowatt plays inside out, it could be a very good move for both us and him.

All theoretical though, but is a type of player we should be looking at.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Red_James said:

Sage said:

Again not sure how reliable it is as it's a Barnsley fan saying it and yes I have been extremely bored at work

Edit: changed the original description of post cause I thought I read that he knew someone that is itk. Link to thread where comment is mentioned below

It's a rumour I guess but the same bloke says they're close to bringing in Oztumer despite a few Champ clubs wanting him. Smells like doo doo to me.
    With Bowyer in charge, it is something that I could maybe see us being interested in. Mowatt has struggled recently but with a motivational manager and someone that can teach him a few things, dropping down a division to rediscover himself could be a good move.

Probably nonsense but the type of player I would be more than happy for us to sign.
    Sage said:

Red_James said:

Sage said:

He was, but for the season he had 3 different managers, all with quite a few amount of games in charge. Ex Leeds Assistant manager at the beginning so probably knew Mowatt, caretaker in the middle and Robinson at the end. It’s a recipe for a poor season, especially for a young midfielder.

With a bit of guidance from Bowyer and Jackson who knows the position Mowatt plays inside out, it could be a very good move for both us and him.

All theoretical though, but is a type of player we should be looking at.
    Ah yes I remember Mowatt now

He's the one who missed the penalty against Portsmouth and then got sent off for stupidly reacting to Nathan Thompson
  • Options

Regards Ogogo, I wouldn't have thought we would sign a player who's not currently fit. Or am I being naive?

He’ll only get injured after a weeks training, might as well sign him already injured.
  • Options

He’s a strange one Mowatt, seems to have got worse as he’s got older.
    Players do lose their way, as we know from Poyet

Maybe he's another Jake Forster-Caskey, who just needs the right club to rediscover his mojo
    I assume JFC is still looking...
    Bit harsh. Better team with him in it.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

Sage said:

Don't hold that against him.
  • Options

Red_James said:

Sage said:

Don't hold that against him.
    HAHA I wasn't but post mentioned about dropping down a league, think he would be a good signing
  • Options
    I know the Darren Bent video on twitter today is purely due to the date, but please say we can have Darren back!
  • Options
    Just so we can show those 'Bent' signs again?
  • Options
    BY RICHARD CAWLEY

richard@slpmedia.co.uk

Mark Marshall has been told that he is free to leave Charlton Athletic.

The 32-year-old winger has 12 months to run on the contract he signed last summer after joining from Bradford City.

Marshall featured sparingly under caretaker manager Lee Bowyer in the closing months of the 2017-18 campaign and did not play any of the League One play-offs against Shrewsbury Town – not even making the matchday 18 for the second leg in Shropshire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised. His release poses as many questions as answers. Must be confident of getting the squad strength and depth right. Would certainly be decent back up at league one.
  • Options

Surprised. His release poses as many questions as answers. Must be confident of getting the squad strength and depth right. Would certainly be decent back up at league one.

I agree, I know they weren't the best but with Mavididi and Kaikai departing, it leaves us with Fosu as our only recognised winger. And I would be surprised if there's not interest in him too. I think we could get by with 3, with other options like Reeves and KAG as 4th options.
  • Options

Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.

Trouble is they need to do what Blackburn / Wigan / Powell did... their squad is full of players from this level and below.
    l
    Which is also what every statistical study ever done on the transfer market has shown works best if you are not a top 4 club.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

Interesting as he's the Shrewsbury Team Captain... and so the exodus begins

Although out of contract its a worry that he's currently recovering from a Knee Injury
    HIs knee injury was in Feb 2017, he has since played 36 league games this season. Seems to have recovered fine.
    It went again in April and had surgery. He was expected to be fit for the final but injured himself again in training.

He is a bit 'made of glass' but that's probably to do with the way he plays. A fit Ogogo would certainly be an asset.
    Funny, I thought Karl Robinson has moved on? Are we seriously going down the "if he does not get hurt he should be good" route with players who get routinely injured? You think we would have learned after this season with Reeves and Marshall.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Another one? Pete is usually quite reliable, I wonder who's asking around for us
    14 in 45 in League 2 last season. 27 and never played above National league until last season. Not sure he is the 20 goal striker we are looking for...
    I am looking for a unicorn. I will find one before a legit 20-goal striker signs for Charlton in League One.
  • Options

Another one? Pete is usually quite reliable, I wonder who's asking around for us
    14 in 45 in League 2 last season. 27 and never played above National league until last season. Not sure he is the 20 goal striker we are looking for...
    I am looking for a unicorn. I will find one before a legit 20-goal striker signs for Charlton in League One.
    You would think QPR would be his likely destination based on those teams but it might make a difference to him where he is likely to get games. That just might edge us ahead. Is he a northern lad ?

• Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

Interesting as he's the Shrewsbury Team Captain... and so the exodus begins

Although out of contract its a worry that he's currently recovering from a Knee Injury
    HIs knee injury was in Feb 2017, he has since played 36 league games this season. Seems to have recovered fine.
    It went again in April and had surgery. He was expected to be fit for the final but injured himself again in training.

He is a bit 'made of glass' but that's probably to do with the way he plays. A fit Ogogo would certainly be an asset.
    Funny, I thought Karl Robinson has moved on? Are we seriously going down the "if he does not get hurt he should be good" route with players who get routinely injured? You think we would have learned after this season with Reeves and Marshall.
    How does having one bad injury equate to getting "routinely injured"?
  • Options
    Might imply Bowyer has made his feelings known OR might mean our targets will be higher profile than him
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Might imply Bowyer has made his feelings known OR might mean our targets will be higher profile than him

Or lower.
  • Options
    Want away owner, no CEO, no manager...yet players are being release and we're discussing transfer rumours.

Too many ifs, buts and maybes for me to read this one right now. I'll be back once everything is officially announced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No ones been released other than youngsters nowhere near the first team?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No ones been released other than youngsters nowhere near the first team?

Well Marshall, still under contract, has been told he’s free to find another Club.
  • Options
    That’s what I meant, he’s still under contract.
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    Could do a job in League One or Two but i fear the toilet breaks might hamper his effectiveness...
  • Options
    I notice Wordsworth is available.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I notice Wordsworth is available.

Isn't he currently with Windermere FC ?