Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options

Think it's poyet and pratley. Be pleased with that tbh.

Just a guess covered or something you know??
  • Options
    So quiet.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Think it's poyet and pratley. Be pleased with that tbh.

Just a guess covered or something you know??
    Just an educated guess bud.
  • Options

Todd Kane has been released from Chelsea

Interesting as he's just signed on loan for Hull
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Not a loan

Quote from
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-defender-todd-kane-undergoes-1792163.amp

Chelsea are happy to let the youngster grasp a fresh start with the Tigers and, providing there are no late hitches, the 24-year-old will soon be a City player.
  • Options

Not a loan

Quote from
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-defender-todd-kane-undergoes-1792163.amp

Chelsea are happy to let the youngster grasp a fresh start with the Tigers and, providing there are no late hitches, the 24-year-old will soon be a City player.
    Dont think anyone knows then as BBC and Hull OS say loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44860609

• Options

Not a loan

Quote from

Dont think anyone knows then as BBC and Hull OS say loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44860609

Lol Chelsea twitter says the same, so both official twitters say loan, chances are its a loan haha
  • Options
    Wikipedia says he had a three year contract to 2018, in 2016 he signed a year extension so will be a freebie next year
  • Options
    Last 30 in the Cambridge match two are listed as trialists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good signing.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good signing and am very pleased with this.

Anyone know the length of contract?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Two years

• Options

Sage said:

Two years

Thanks, just saw it on twitter myself. Now let’s hope we can get a few more across the line. He’s a good addition.
  • Options
    Considering we are a bit of a mess and the fact we still haven't got new owners, quite impressed with the 2 signings.

They are not necessarily world beaters but on paper good signings for this level, if god forbid we get a takeover i would expect alot more but for now it will do... 3 weeks squad is looking pretty bare so hopefully at least a few more without including any further exits.
  • Options

Considering we are a bit of a mess and the fact we still haven't got new owners, quite impressed with the 2 signings.

They are not necessarily world beaters but on paper good signings for this level, if god forbid we get a takeover i would expect alot more but for now it will do... 3 weeks squad is looking pretty bare so hopefully at least a few more without including any further exits.

We've still got till the end of August to bring in a few loan players
  • Options

We've still got till the end of August to bring in a few loan players
    We do indeed, and players who are still out of contract. But really we don’t want to be relying on bringing in loan players after the window is shut to help our squad and season. We need stability and good players for this league with us permanently.

I am assuming that’s Dawkins will sign for us so that’s another body. I also think we will sign a couple more permanent players before Sunderland.
  • Options
    Players out of Contract can be signed whenever though

(Although those not snapped up by the end of August surely do have issues)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As you know, I'm normally a bit of a pessimist & with some signings I'm a bit meh (Reeves being the main one last season)

but this to me is more of a wow ! Been there & done it............even in The Premiership. Very happy with this signing. Just what we need.

Who's hacked Golf ie?
  • Options

If not registered by the end of August they can't play until January.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Is that right? Surely out of contract players can still be signed outside of the window.

I did read that players brought in on loan before the closing of the window, can be offered a permanent contract to take effect in January.
    Effectively that makes them a permanent signing.

Is that what you meant?

• Options

As you know, I'm normally a bit of a pessimist & with some signings I'm a bit meh (Reeves being the main one last season)

but this to me is more of a wow ! Been there & done it............even in The Premiership. Very happy with this signing. Just what we need.

Wtf :wink:
  • Options

Golfie, go and lie down.

Nurse is bringing with your medication.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Is that right? Surely out of contract players can still be signed outside of the window.

I did read that players brought in on loan before the closing of the window, can be offered a permanent contract to take effect in January.

Is that what you meant?

No - part of the new transfer rules. They can sign but not play until January.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Is that what you meant?

Haven't players long been able to do that? We signed Hermann Hreidessen from Ipswich in the March, but couldn't play him until the new season started in August.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Is that what you meant?

Haven't players long been able to do that? We signed Hermann Hreidessen from Ipswich in the March, but couldn't play him until the new season started in August.

But that was because he was under contract from another club as at 31st January, and hence could only play for Ipswich for the rest of the season.

I think Crusty54 is saying that even if a player is out of contract now, we couldn't sign him on Sept 1st and play him immediately?