Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    My secret ITK source* tells me Elliot Ward could play today at Welling on trial.

*the OS
  • Options
    Dawkins and Ward would be decent signings
  • Options
    Ward is a free agent.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Wouldn’t trust that source, they said Charles-Cook signed a new contract :smile:

Well, let's see if Ward plays today and then we'll know : - )
  • Options

Ben Amos on a season long loan looks to be a done deal.

We could also be losing Jake Cooper to Rangers for around £3.5m as Stevie G looks to bolster his squad.

Thankfully we brought in Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe earlier in the window.

How's Cooper suddenly worth over £3m, considering Reading were happy to let him go a year ago?
    millwall mate values him at £5M!
  • Options
    Would like to see Ward join to give us another CB option.

However, my head tells me that he would replace Bauer if he left.
  • Options
    Sage said:

So by the looks of things, if Dawkins can prove his fitness to Bowyer, he is someone we are likely to sign. If Pratley chooses to come to us, he is someone we would like to bring in, and we could be working on a deal for Cullen on loan, which would be the two centre midfielders that Bowyer has been speaking about.

That leaves a back up keeper behind Phillips, a left back to support and give competition to Page, and a right sided centre back.

All without losing anyone.

This takeover needs to go through very, very soon because ultimately, we need to sign at least another 6 players without us losing anyone at all.

Dawkins has got two years left on his Bury contract. Can anyone see an injury prone player giving up that security at his age to come to our uncertain situation?
  • Options

I would be a good premier league CB if it wasn't for my defensive inconsistencies.

That makes two Thomas Driesen scouting reports!
  • Options
    I think you're getting Dawkins and Dawson mixed up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I echo this. Two decent players with higher level experience. Add Pratley to that and for out of contract players, that is not too bad at all.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I echo this. Two decent players with higher level experience. Add Pratley to that and for out of contract players, that is not too bad at all.
    Just building a bog standard mid to lower league one squad at best - but until the takeover goes through that’s exactly what we are
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I think you're getting Dawkins and Dawson mixed up

Yes I did. Meant Dawson on that occasion.
  • Options

Ward is a free agent.

Well, he's not a secret agent anymore, now that everybody knows he's going to play.

• Options
    Elliott Ward
    33 year old
    13 clubs including 9 loan spells

Hasnt played over 25 league games in last 5 seasons
  • Options
    The sort of signing we’ll make if the takeover doesn’t go through, or it goes through so late we’re desperate.

Didn’t realise he was on loan with MK Dons last season. Not good enough for Blackburn, a club promoted automatically.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I seem to remember us being linked with Ward many times before. His brother Darren had a loan spell with us.

Ward played with Bowyer at West Ham.

Decent signing at this level if he stays fit
  • Options

Elliot Ward is a legend at Plymouth Argyle - thanks to his turning their season round .... erm 10 years ago, while on loan from West Ham.

• Options
    Vetokele apparently wants to stay.

Bowyer on central midfield:

“Do we need to strengthen in certain areas? For sure. We need to strengthen in midfield. We need to bring in a horrible midfielder, to win the ball and give it to ones who can play.

“We’re waiting on an answer [from one]. They asked for 48 hours, we gave them 48 hours and they’ve said can we stretch it another 48 – and that changed yesterday.

“We’ll know by Monday if that fella is coming in.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-igor-vetokele-looks-set-for-se7-stay/
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scroll down.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-igor-vetokele-looks-set-for-se7-stay/

Bowyer saying:
    “Do we need to strengthen in certain areas? For sure. We need to strengthen in midfield. We need to bring in a horrible midfielder, to win the ball and give it to ones who can play.

“We’re waiting on an answer [from one]. They asked for 48 hours, we gave them 48 hours and they’ve said can we stretch it another 48 – and that changed yesterday.

Well, do they want to come here or don't they?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scroll down.

Bowyer saying:

Well, do they want to come here or don't they?

Assuming its Cullen and West Ham trying to get another player in before they loan him
  • Options
    Assuming it’s Pratley
  • Options
    I’m assuming it is Pratley.

But whoever it is, if you keep asking for an extension, that says to me you’re looking for other options first. It could of course be about personal things like housing etc, but footballing wise that suggests you would prefer another option.
  • Options

Assuming it’s Pratley

Hoping its not,

If its the player asking for 48 hours more,then another 48 hours, then he doesnt want to be here and is waiting for a better offer
  • Options
    Are either Cullen or Pratley the “horrible” player Bowyer wants ?
  • Options

Pratley is, Cullen is a more JFC type.
  • Options
    Damn if only Fellaini hadn't been offered a new contract by united.
  • Options

Pratley is, Cullen is a more JFC type.
    I'd have said Pratley was more JFC unless he has changed his game.
  • Options
    Cullen played for West Ham today