Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• MrLargo said:
    Ha ha this forum would've gone into absolute meltdown if we'd signed him
  • Does anyone believe a Twitter account named “nosourcerumours”?
  • Scoham said:

Does anyone believe a Twitter account named “nosourcerumours”?

Not if you look at the last 200 tweets and how many are right I reckon maybe 5 he got right
  • Can we stop calling him KAG
    He has asked to drop the Ahearne for a reason, lets respect that.

Its either
    Karlan
    Grant
    Or KG now

:wink:

why had he dropped the "Aherne" from his name....??
    Assuming its a family issue,
    Maybe a divorce or something but his twitter is just Karlan Grant and thats what he was on teamsheet, so its clearly something he wants
    He’s younger brother plays for Braintree town and he has only ever been known as Reece Grant.
  • There's a lad I sit near who doesn't rate him, but always slags him off as Karlan Grant. I think he knew him at some point. Whatever the reason, he's reducing the number of double barrelled names we have
  • MrLargo said:
    Ha ha this forum would've gone into absolute meltdown if we'd signed him
    I actually wouldn't mind, on paper would be a great signing for us. Just the other stuff in the past and his rep.
  • Todd Kane has been released from Chelsea, would be a good signing as he can play in a number of positions, but doubt we'd go for him or he'd want to join us.
  • So it's being said that we are trying to get a goalkeeper in on loan but our budget is very small when will we ever learn there's a couple of good goalkeepers out there we can get on a free like Jason Steele or Colon Doyle why the hell are we not going for any of these
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Feel sorry for Phillips seems he's got another season of preparing to be No.1 yet probably has to accept that even at last minute he'll be replaced

i.e. Amos only joined the club a week before the opening day of the season
  • clive said:
    Feel sorry for Phillips seems he's got another season of preparing to be No.1 yet probably has to accept that even at last minute he'll be replaced

really feel for Phillips, another season on the bench does him no good at all. I'd rather go with him and bring in more experienced back up than Maynard-Brewer.

• Vincenzo said:

Todd Kane has been released from Chelsea, would be a good signing as he can play in a number of positions, but doubt we'd go for him or he'd want to join us.

7 years at Chelsea, 7 different loans clubs. 0 Chelsea appearances. 24 years old.

Why does anyone bother signing for Chelsea?
    Todd Kane supports Chelsea and was with them since he was about 8 or 9 so not hard to see why he signed.

He'll definitely get a better club than us, he did quite well on loan in Holland a couple of years ago.
  • Vincenzo said:

Todd Kane has been released from Chelsea, would be a good signing as he can play in a number of positions, but doubt we'd go for him or he'd want to join us.

7 years at Chelsea, 7 different loans clubs. 0 Chelsea appearances. 24 years old.

Why does anyone bother signing for Chelsea?
    Todd Kane supports Chelsea and was with them since he was about 8 or 9 so not hard to see why he signed.

He'll definitely get a better club than us, he did quite well on loan in Holland a couple of years ago.
    Was only with Oxford last season though...
  • clive said:

really feel for Phillips, another season on the bench does him no good at all. I'd rather go with him and bring in more experienced back up than Maynard-Brewer.

Would you rather go with him as he is the best keeper we can get and he is top notch for league 1? Or is it because of the need to see if he can become top notch.

This seems to happen every close season, and I wonder if its because he hasnt shown in training he is good enough. More faith was shown in Pope earlier on, but not it seems with Dillon.
  • There's been talk in both the last 2 seasons of getting another No 2 keeper in, so that Dillon could be loaned out, a shame it never happened
  • edited July 2018
    Todd Kane would be a very shrewd signing and a good long-term replacement for Solly. I expect a Championship club to take a chance on him though.
  • There's been talk in both the last 2 seasons of getting another No 2 keeper in, so that Dillon could be loaned out, a shame it never happened

Totally agree.
    If we could have loaned another keeper last season Phillips could have gone out on loan and gained valuable experience playing 1st team football.
    As it was he spent most of the season on the bench.
  • edited July 2018
    If we can improve on Phillips I’d want us to do it. Even with a loanee. We need the best squad possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleaaaaaaaaaase come home. Player/coaching role would be ideal.
  • Pleaaaaaaaaaase come home. Player/coaching role would be ideal.
    Would love this - but cannot see it happening until the Belgian God has gone...
  • Some of this is old news, but for those who are interested

Charlton Athletic boss confirms interest in duo – and can’t make promises over their future

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/945665936?-11197:833
  • ross1 said:

Some of this is old news, but for those who are interested

Charlton Athletic boss confirms interest in duo – and can’t make promises over their future

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/945665936?-11197:833

no good news in there is there. Basically train hard lads in case you are still here but if not at least you will be fit for wherever you go. 300K for Bauer is a piss take though.

• Did say my three to leave were.

Big Josh
    Bauer
    Igor.

Just a guess
  • robroy said:

Did say my three to leave were.

Big Josh
    Bauer
    Igor.

Just a guess

Leaves us with an awful squad

Phillips
    Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Page
    Marshall, Dijksteel, JFC, Fosu
    Taylor, Ajose

With an inexperienced keeper as Number 2, no defensive cover, a CM and a winger light, and another striker. Can't see us signing 7 even if those 3 leave.
  • The only way we will be bringing any new players in is when any existing ones leave......and they will be mainly frees, with any signing on fee coming from money got from the sales. Wages like for like or maybe even lower.

This coming season is going to be one hell of a blast.....

• Phillips
    Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Page
    Marshall, Dijksteel, JFC, Fosu
    Taylor, Ajose

There's a few injury prone players in that lot.
  • Main thing for me is keeping hold of fosu, he is our only creative outlet. Top player.