Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans United v The EFL

2»

Comments

• Options
    We have a better owner than Blackpool and orient, about the same as Coventry and Blackburn. Worse than Hull imo. Could add Cardiff but they aren't English, :p
  • Options

Hey guys, no offence intended. I've no idea what the criteria was for naming clubs and I know CARD have done their bit. Don't lose sight of the big picture though, It's not just Roland Out, it's stopping a Roland ever getting back in again. PS - Do you really think CAFC have been treated worse than those listed on the poster?

That last sentence shows that you haven’t got a clue.
  • Options
    Pune is long way to go to demonstrate for the Blackburn fans to be fair.
  • Options

Hey guys, no offence intended. I've no idea what the criteria was for naming clubs and I know CARD have done their bit. Don't lose sight of the big picture though, It's not just Roland Out, it's stopping a Roland ever getting back in again. PS - Do you really think CAFC have been treated worse than those listed on the poster?

yeah you're right... Blackburn have had it horrible this year... them and the 3000 expected at the Valley tomorrow must be gutted ...and which continental European 4th division manager did they get lumbered with in their previous championship season...?
    Blackburn doing well this season does not make their owners good. If we're promoted would we say "well Roland has done alright?" No, of course not.

They may not be in as bad a state as we are, but Venkys have not done a good job running the club. Remember they were in the Prem far more recently than we were, and to be fair their fans were protesting even then.

Hull, also more successful, but have been poorly run over the last couple years. They were basically allowed to get relegated last season because no one wanted to run the club.

Obviously leaving us out is poor, and I think we have as big if not bigger gripes than most of the teams on there. But to me the larger story here is just how many clubs have been allowed to be run by poor owners due to a lack of oversight. And we've not even gotten to those who had to be fan owned (Portsmouth, Wimbledon) or those who went through terrible times within the last decade (Luton) due to awful ownership lack of oversight.
  • Options
    If you’re going to pay for a site the poster should have been more hard hitting in my opinion. Not sure how much it will get picked up on, it’s a bit weak. Bit surprised we’re not on there.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Blimey we're all a bit precious tonight, just because Charlton weren't named. No need for a schism, we're all fans. Well done to Blackpool fans for organising it. If the truth be known the response from SE London boroughs to that petition has been pretty pathetic so far, despite links on here. Perhaps they thought we weren't interested.

One thing I will criticise though is the publicity photo. #Hertsseasider - You might want to tell the people organising this to send out a new photo. There's no point at all in sending out a publicity shot if the link that you're publicising is obscured by the bill poster guy. That's the whole point of it!

Yes thank you for this Stig, it was really bothering me as well. You can see what they're going for with the workman putting up the sign type stock photo effect, but it just looks weird.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

yeah you're right... Blackburn have had it horrible this year... them and the 3000 expected at the Valley tomorrow must be gutted ...and which continental European 4th division manager did they get lumbered with in their previous championship season...?
    Blackburn doing well this season does not make their owners good. If we're promoted would we say "well Roland has done alright?" No, of course not.

They may not be in as bad a state as we are, but Venkys have not done a good job running the club. Remember they were in the Prem far more recently than we were, and to be fair their fans were protesting even then.

Yeah you're completely right, wasn't thinking when I posted that, so I retract what I said in last post- it was that P.S on the comment I was replying to that just completely wound me up for some reason and I posted whilst mad - I never usually do that!

• Options

SDAddick said:

Yeah you're completely right, wasn't thinking when I posted that, so I retract what I said in last post- it was that P.S on the comment I was replying to that just completely wound me up for some reason and I posted whilst mad - I never usually do that!

Fair enough, and I don't think you were massively over the top.
  • Options

I really don't think it's helpful to turn it into a pissing contest as to who has been treated the worst (for that reason, I'm not particularly bothered that Charlton didn't make the list as much as I'd have like to see some more publicity for our plight). The facts are that the EFL are not doing an effective job in safeguarding our clubs and that many clubs have suffered at the hands of incompetent and/or hostile owners. That said, if Hertsseasider or anyone else is unaware as to what has happened at Charlton, here are a few things off the top of my head:
    - CEO parachuted in on the basis that her dad is a friend of the owner. She was completely inexperienced and totally incompetent, but was never sacked.
    - Since the said CEO resigned at the turn of the year, no-one has been brought in to replace her. Other posts have not been filled effectively making the club rudderless.
    - It was admitted publicly that their whole strategy was to sell on youth players.
    - I've lost count of the number of managers we've had. Is it nine in four years now? At one point the CEO told us that every appointment had been better than that last. This (like many other things) was a blatant lie. Statistically each one at that point had been worse than the last.
    - Office space used by the ticket office rented out to an NHS call centre.
    - Fans physically attacked by illegally unmarked 'security' people.
    - Fans bullied and threatened by the club for daring to speak out against the ownership. Same forced to go through protracted legal action.
    - Computer geek with no football experience given leading role in player recruitment.
    - Club hero sacked as manager. Leaked emails showed that the owner was meddling in team affairs.
    - Unwanted, unnecessary, substandard players enforced on team management by owner with ulterior motives.
    - Club internet used as a platform to attack fans.
    - Honourable managers and staff forced to resign rather than support the unreasonable actions of the owners.
    - Fans refused season tickets without signing an agreement not to criticise the club.
    - Attempt to charge fans extra for buying tickets on match days.
    - and much more...

I do think that the recent excitement amongst fans about the possibility of a play off place has lead many to think that things are ok. They aren't. The club is still rotten and it is more by luck than judgement that we fin ourselves in a fortunate position. As much as I want the team to succeed on the pitch, I still think it's more important to rid ourselves of the owner. I wish that our fans could have been more like Blackpool's in showing the resolution to stay away.

Finally, I wish good luck to Blackpool fans and fans of any other clubs fighting despotic ownership. That of course, includes Charlton.