Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Avengers Infinity War - The Spoilers [DO NOT ENTER THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Was reflecting on this film again with my mates, how good is Robert Downey as Tony Stark and Iron Man? He has to be the best super hero cast of all time imo.

I could also probably watch a stand alone Drax film, a lot of fans of his aren't happy how they have made him such a jokey character but I think he's too hilarious to make a fuss about it

Me and my friend highlighted how a lot of witty/humourous characters got the chop, Dr Strange, Groot, Drax, Spiderman. So I can't help but think that was to give the next film a more serious and dark tone about it, like how dreadful it was that Thanos wiped out half the population. How good would it be if Deadpool was in the next avengers though, a PG version of course. So many possibilities.

DC must be absolutely kicking themselves, how can they compete with Marvel at this point, they would surely need to reboot the characters all over again?
  • Options
    Spanish said:

That’s 2:19 of my life I will never get back. If only I could complain heh Katrien? Weird huh. Load of sheite. My son loved it tho

Thought it would never end - a bit like the first Lord of the Rings film.
  • Options
    Having not seen hardly any of the other films, I struggled for first hour of film due to shear volume of characters but as got more familiar with them really enjoyed the film as did my 5 and 7 years olds who knew more of the characters than me.

Surely the time stone will come into play in the sequel. They can’t have killed off Spidey !!
  • Options

Was reflecting on this film again with my mates, how good is Robert Downey as Tony Stark and Iron Man? He has to be the best super hero cast of all time imo.

I could also probably watch a stand alone Drax film, a lot of fans of his aren't happy how they have made him such a jokey character but I think he's too hilarious to make a fuss about it

Me and my friend highlighted how a lot of witty/humourous characters got the chop, Dr Strange, Groot, Drax, Spiderman. So I can't help but think that was to give the next film a more serious and dark tone about it, like how dreadful it was that Thanos wiped out half the population. How good would it be if Deadpool was in the next avengers though, a PG version of course. So many possibilities.

DC must be absolutely kicking themselves, how can they compete with Marvel at this point, they would surely need to reboot the characters all over again?

Think there is an element of keeping a darker tone, but also since it is probably going to be the last film with all of the original avengers in it I don't think there is any coincidence in the fact that it is chiefly only them that remain - although i do have a strong feeling we may yet see an unexpected addition in the next film perhaps near the end - Silver surfer or fantastic four potentially.

Deadpool would be a great cameo at the end but I don't know about having a watered down version for too long - on the other hand a Thor or Stark 18-rated cameo in a Deadpool film - take all my money! Actually thinking about it a Black Widow cameo would work great as well as she fits the more hand to hand up close and personal action scenes.

That's the beauty of having such a wealth of great and well-known characters from the source material - they can take it anywhere they want.

As for DC - they have a great roster too but nobody who knows how to use it and no long term plan and are forever playing catch-up to Marvel- that's why they spunked their load so early and spoiled it. It's a massive shame.
  • Options
    Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, I haven't watched the last probably half dozen Marvel universe films tbh, but I knew enough about the storylines of the characters to get by without much confusion. Thought it was good to start with Loki's death from the beginning set the standard that characters are going to die. Think it must be that the pre-snap deaths are proper deaths, I knew Vision would die, he had one of the stones in his damn head, but no way will they kill off characters like Spidey and Black Panther for good, Spidey 2 already in the works makes it clear that he'll be alright in the end.

Wouldn't be surprised if either Cap or Iron Man somehow steal the gauntlet off Thanos then use it to rewind time and in the process sacrifice themselves in some way.

One problem I had with it was when Iron Man was full on shanked by Thanos then just glued himself together again and was fine all of a sudden! I genuinely thought he was dead when he was stabbed, really shocked me that one, at least he should've been mortally wounded somehow. He's stuck on the other side of the universe with Gamora's sister too, so not sure how he's going to get back to earth.
  • Options

Christopher Reeve as Superman
    Michael Keaton | Christian Bale as Batman
    Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
    Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man

Those five actors will always be difficult to beat in their Superhero roles
  • Options

Christopher Reeve as Superman
    Michael Keaton | Christian Bale as Batman
    Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
    Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man

Those five actors will always be difficult to beat in their Superhero roles
    Michael Keaton as batman was pretty poor but was made to look good because of Clooney and Kilmer who stank up Gotham City . Bale was the perfect Batman.
  • Options
    I had to laugh at Michael Keaton being mentioned there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q
  • Options
    The only issue I had with the film was the section where Iron Man, Spiderman, Dr Strange and Starlord almost beat Thanos. Made him look a bit weak in comparison to the rest of the film if he was only saved by Starlord's mistake.
  • Options

The only issue I had with the film was the section where Iron Man, Spiderman, Dr Strange and Starlord almost beat Thanos. Made him look a bit weak in comparison to the rest of the film if he was only saved by Starlord's mistake.

To be fair, Strange has an Infinity Stone and is supposed to be the strongest magician in the cosmos, Iron Man has invented technology that allows him to no-sell being hit by an entire moon, Spider-Man can lift about 25 tonnes and Starlord is half god. It would be a bit bonkers if they hadn't got close. You have to have that point where the good guys showcase the extent of their strength and get close to winning, otherwise you don't get a reference point for just how strong Thanos is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Peter Quill
    Loki
    T'Challa
    Bucky
    Gomorrah
    Drax
    Groot
    Mantis
    Spidey
    Black Widow
    Strange
    Fury

All key characters to the franchise gone!

Will be interesting to see if Strange handing over the time stone was the one line of events that meant Thanos could be stopped.

Really enjoyable movie. Lots of sequels out there already announced so expect many of the dead to be undeaded in 2019.

Only the original Avengers cast was spared (where was Hawkeye?)

Haven’t seen it but guys at work we’re talking about it.

Something about a 1 in 14million victory and it was the only way?

They will get the stone back and all the dead people won’t be dead anymore
  • Options
    I enjoyed it but found it predictable. Thought beforehand that the time stone was key and that they had the freedom to kill off anyone.
    Also it clearly is half of a story. The majority of deceased characters will not stay dead. Josh Brolin was brilliant though.
  • Options
    Saw it mid-week and loved it. The first movie was amazing, the second was ok, I felt they got the action set pieces right but it lacked some of the humour and banter from the first movie. This one was spot on and the two and a half hours in the cinema flew by.

I'm a huge fan of the Marvel movies and was an avid comic reader as a kid so I might be biased, but I think for the most part Disney have done a great job with the franchise as a whole.
  • Options

Also...”Mr Stark, I don’t want to go”

Jesus, did I well up at that point. Whether Peter Parker comes back, you can’t help but put yourself in the shoes of a 16 year old desperate not to die right there and then. That’s the kind of thing Marvel does to well.

He'll be back. He's got a brand new movie coming out June 2019, conveniently a month after the conclusion to Infinity War hits the big screens :smile:
  • Options
    Watching this again now.

Man Peter Quill has pissed me off again, I forgot how close they were to getting the glove off Thanos before he acted like a complete bitch over Gamora and messed it up.
    Take comfort from what happens to him at the end of the next Avengers film - He deserves that kick!!
  • Options
    Watching this again now.

Man Peter Quill has pissed me off again, I forgot how close they were to getting the glove off Thanos before he acted like a complete bitch over Gamora and messed it up.
    Absolutely infuriating. Sometimes you need to see the big picture, e.g. when half the world's population could die. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Watching this again now.

Absolutely infuriating. Sometimes you need to see the big picture, e.g. when half the world's population could die. 
    As shown by Tony Stark in End Game.