Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Avengers: Infinity War - NO SPOILERS

Anyone else planning to go see this?

Doubt I've been so excited to see something since the Phantom Menace was released all those years ago

Going up to the Waterloo IMAX on Friday afternoon to see it myself - Been waiting over three years for this film to come out and cant wait

Been a Superman / Batman fan since I was a kid, didnt really know much about the Marvel characters even when X-Men and Spiderman came out in the early 00s... What Marvel have done since Iron Man is amazing though with 18-films all leading up to this one, and with over 30-characters due to be in Infinity War I cant wait to see how the Directors actually create a proper film out of it without them getting in each others way.

Please though, if you've been to see it (before Friday), dont add any spoilers... Some theories / spoilers I potentially know, or have worked out but would rather they remain a mystery till I've seen it

And yes I am nothing more than a big kid!!

Comments

• Anyone else planning to go see this?

Doubt I've been so excited to see something since the Phantom Menace was released all those years ago

Going up to the Waterloo IMAX on Friday afternoon to see it myself - Been waiting over three years for this film to come out and cant wait

Been a Superman / Batman fan since I was a kid, didnt really know much about the Marvel characters even when X-Men and Spiderman came out in the early 00s... What Marvel have done since Iron Man is amazing though with 18-films all leading up to this one, and with over 30-characters due to be in Infinity War I cant wait to see how the Directors actually create a proper film out of it without them getting in each others way.

Please though, if you've been to see it (before Friday), dont add any spoilers... Some theories / spoilers I potentially know, or have worked out but would rather they remain a mystery till I've seen it

bit of me time away from the Baby? I bet you fall asleep!
  • Anyone else planning to go see this?

bit of me time away from the Baby? I bet you fall asleep!
    Thankfully I dont have to help with night feeds as he isnt bottle fed so I always get a good nights sleep
  • I don't 'get it' tbh - but each to their own.
  • I loved Diana Rigg in the Avengers, what those black leather jump suits did to this little lad I coudn't begin to tell you :smile:
  • I loved Diana Rigg in the Avengers, what those black leather jump suits did to this little lad I coudn't begin to tell you :smile:

Now, that was THE Avengers.
  • Taking our 5 and 7 year old to see it on Sunday.
    They love Marvel, only just behind Star Wars.
  • Midnight showing tonight! Built this up over the last 10 years.
  • Yep, I'll be there on Friday. The reviews are coming in and it's sounding pretty epic. Literally can't wait
  • Going Friday. I usually enjoy them despite coming away with from them with a banging headache afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going this evening - taking my daughter.
  • Didn't realise it was out today, think I'll gamble £5 at the Peckhamplex that they've managed to make a decent film.
  • Not a spoiler, just my thoughts. Tony Stark may well cop it if the story I read that RDJ doesn't want to play him anymore is correct.
  • Not a spoiler, just my thoughts. Tony Stark may well cop it if the story I read that RDJ doesn't want to play him anymore is correct.

theres going to be a death I have no doubt but I'm not convinced it will be Tony purely because all sings point to Tony
  • MrOneLung said:

Taking our 5 and 7 year old to see it on Sunday.

That old chestnut :)

theres going to be a death I have no doubt but I'm not convinced it will be Tony purely because all sings point to Tony
    What "sings" points to Tony?

Same with Captain America though... Chris Evans' Contract is up after the next Avengers film next year, me and my mate reckon that he maybe cop it in this film with him appearing as a flashback next time

With all the fake scripts etc. released for this film, he seems too obvious a choice to be killed though
  • MrOneLung said:

Since Disney brought Star Wars, Marvel edges ahead in terms of franchises for me

Really cant get how Disney can own both yet mess up Star Wars so badly with endless plot holes that'll never be filled - Marvel on the other hand has 18-films with any plot holes covered in one or two films later

Saying that; Marvel having Kevin Feige as their Company President probably helps who is a Marvel superfan

Same with Captain America though... Chris Evans' Contract is up after the next Avengers film next year, me and my mate reckon that he maybe cop it in this film with him appearing as a flashback next time

With all the fake scripts etc. released for this film, he seems too obvious a choice to be killed though
    I don't know if this is true but i thought at some point captain america dies and his mate The Winter Soldier takes over as captain america?
  • MrOneLung said:

Since Disney brought Star Wars, Marvel edges ahead in terms of franchises for me

Really cant get how Disney can own both yet mess up Star Wars so badly with endless plot holes that'll never be filled - Marvel on the other hand has 18-films with any plot holes covered in one or two films later

Saying that; Marvel having Kevin Feige as their Company President probably helps who is a Marvel superfan
    Never used to like these type of films but have been converted of late. Logan was my favourite last year and I'm looking forward to Deadpool2.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Never used to like these type of films but have been converted of late. Logan was my favourite last year and I'm looking forward to Deadpool2.
    Logan was probably the best from the whole of the X-Men series to date

What'll be interesting is when the Disney takeover of Fox is confirmed as the latter hold the rights to both X-Men and Fantastic Four so should become part of the MCU at some stage in the future

Guess it means someone will have the very unenviable task of replacing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine if that happens
  • MrOneLung said:

How many Star Wars films has Disney done? 2 or 3? Hardly fair to complain when they haven't had time to react to the plot holes.

Disney bought Marvel in 2009
    Since then they have released:
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor (Dark World)
    Captain America (Winter Soldier)
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Ant-Man
    Captain America - Civil War
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians 2
    Spiderman
    Thor Ragnarok
    Black Panther
    Avengers Infinity War

That's a lot of opportunity to create and fill plot holes.

Star Wars was only bought in 2012.
    The force awakens
    Rogue One (Standalone)
    The last Jedi
    Solo (Standalone)

Not much opportunity.

Also different writers = different outcomes.
  • Thats been the plan by Marvel though, to create those holes and then fill them in as the film goes along

With Star Wars though it seems as though they've created plot holes for the sake of it, i.e. Snork could have been Plaigus yet he was a no body in the end... They've even been banging on about Rey's parents for an age yet even now have suddenly said that they're unimportant

the MCU has had different producers etc. too, Thor has had a different one for every film; Guardians of the Galaxy had James Gunn yet they've all been made that could be pulled back together for this film
  • Thats been the plan by Marvel though, to create those holes and then fill them in as the film goes along

With Star Wars though it seems as though they've created plot holes for the sake of it, i.e. Snork could have been Plaigus yet he was a no body in the end... They've even been banging on about Rey's parents for an age yet even now have suddenly said that they're unimportant

the MCU has had different producers etc. too, Thor has had a different one for every film; Guardians of the Galaxy had James Gunn yet they've all been made that could be pulled back together for this film

I love the Thor films and I love the Avengers films, but personally feel they have to be kept as their own separate parts to be truly enjoyed. Thor feels a bit to kiddy too often.
  • Just come back from seeing it. Enjoyed it. No spoilers except to say, F me them credits were long.
  • Just come back from seeing it. Enjoyed it. No spoilers except to say, F me them credits were long.

Not surprised... The amount of stars in it, each one of them having their own Assistants etc.
  • Saw it this evening - very disappointing. Enjoyed the last three Marvel films I saw but this one didn't work for me.

Sorry FA I know it's just a typo but I couldn't help being reminded of that episode of Men Behaving Badly when Debra calls Spock "Spong"! That's just really tickled me thanks for (unintentionally) brightening up my evening! :)
  • Well if you haven't seen it, prepare to be surprised.