Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mo Salah

2»

Comments

• Couldn't see a another thread and think he deserves one. IF so feel free to close. In my opinion his season has been the greatest overall from a premiership player. What does everyone else think? I'm also aware there was football prior to premiership but am at the age where I remember 1 season before that.

PREMIER LEAGUE, PREMIER LEAGUE, PREMIER BLOODY LEAGUE!!!!
    GODDAMMIT.
  • Couldn't see a another thread and think he deserves one. IF so feel free to close. In my opinion his season has been the greatest overall from a premiership player. What does everyone else think? I'm also aware there was football prior to premiership but am at the age where I remember 1 season before that.

Modern Football
  • Croydon said:

Couldn't see a another thread and think he deserves one. IF so feel free to close. In my opinion his season has been the greatest overall from a premiership player. What does everyone else think? I'm also aware there was football prior to premiership but am at the age where I remember 1 season before that.

Modern Football
    Small boys in the park, jumpers for goal posts - isn't it.
  • dizzee said:

Salah and De Bruyne could not get a game at Chelsea. Got to be the worst two selling decisions in the history of the Premiership.

I’d say letting Pogba go on a free and then spending near £100m to bring him back and then he doesn’t perform is worse.
    slight difference in that Pogba sought a move and declined a new contract at Utd.

Mourinho/Chelsea actively flogged De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku, 3 of the best players in the division.
  • edited April 2018

When Kane had his breakout season he was a potential 'one season wonder' and most people questioned if he could do it the next season too
    Meanwhile, Salah is being compared to Messi and Ronaldo

Salah is an incredible talent, not doubting that for a second, just find it strange how different a reaction the two players got.

Watch them play.

Kane is nowhere near Salah's level of ability.

Add to the fact that most of Kane's breakout season happened in the Europa League against pretty average opposition.
  • Greenie said:

Salah is having 'his' season, but its no where near as exciting as Killer in 1975-76, when he scored 28 league goals and was leading scorer in the Football League Second Division (yes I know its not PL) and he's one of ours.

Missed out of the £10k on offer from the daily Mail for 30 league goals iirc.
  • When Kane had his breakout season he was a potential 'one season wonder' and most people questioned if he could do it the next season too

Salah is an incredible talent, not doubting that for a second, just find it strange how different a reaction the two players got.

Watch them play.

Add to the fact that most of Kane's breakout season happened in the Europa League against pretty average opposition.
    Ah, watch them play. Never thought of that, cheers.

Like I said Salah is incredible. Haven't seen a single person suggest he is a one season wonder as almost everyone did for Kane.
    Was only making a point how differently the two have been talked about both by fans on social media and the press.
  • Also he's English and the press have a desire to beat any English talent with a stick while praising players from abroad. Strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• the song they chose for him is good (by a Manchester band though) but not sure if it works as a chant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7Zkkucos8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHHyLSrso-Q
  • Not as good as Jonatan Johansson's first season
  • He's better than (Gabriel) Jesus
  • edited April 2018
    Charlton fans chant " sit down" as well...
  • Anyone watch the C4 programme about him?

The one thing that came out for me was the sacrifice he had to make as a 14 year old - five times a week he would go to school at 7.00am and then travel for four and a half hours on a crowded bus for a training session in Cairo followed by the same journey back. Sometimes he wouldn't get home 'til 1.00am.

• edited May 2018

When Kane had his breakout season he was a potential 'one season wonder' and most people questioned if he could do it the next season too

Watch them play.

Ah, watch them play. Never thought of that, cheers.

Like I said Salah is incredible. Haven't seen a single person suggest he is a one season wonder as almost everyone did for Kane.
    Was only making a point how differently the two have been talked about both by fans on social media and the press.
    Kane is mostly just a poacher. That's why people see it as a 'fluke', because he just finds himself in the right areas and people don't understand that the talent is finding those areas.
    Kane is more than just a poacher, he is a target man he dominates up front. He is one of the best strikers in the world i think you must not watch him enough. Yes he has a great talent of being in the right place which is an art in itself, however if you look he has scored some quality goals and also has won games for spurs on their own.

I agree with @stackitsteve here, even after 2 seasons everyone was saying Kane wont last but he has proved them wrong.

Salah wont be a one season wonder because he has so much talent dribbling/speed/ finishing has improved alot (probably similar to Sterling this year in goals/ game ratio and finishing getting better.), but he will continue to do it as he has all the qualities to thrive in any league imo
  • Anyone watch the C4 programme about him?

The one thing that came out for me was the sacrifice he had to make as a 14 year old - five times a week he would go to school at 7.00am and then travel for four and a half hours on a crowded bus for a training session in Cairo followed by the same journey back. Sometimes he wouldn't get home 'til 1.00am.

4.5 hours on a bus? That's a pharoah'ld journey.
  • Something I took from it was Steven Gerrard.

3 or 4 times he kept saying things like he has had a good season but I doubt it will be as good next season

He said he should be happy with 20 goals next season.

He also said this year I would put him in the top 7/8 players in the world but dont expect the same next season.

It sounded like he thinks Salah is a 1 season wonder
  • Sponsored links:

• Something I took from it was Steven Gerrard.

3 or 4 times he kept saying things like he has had a good season but I doubt it will be as good next season

He said he should be happy with 20 goals next season.

He also said this year I would put him in the top 7/8 players in the world but dont expect the same next season.

It sounded like he thinks Salah is a 1 season wonder

I think Gerrard and Liverpool in general are doing two things with comments like that:
    1 - Put off someone like Real coming in (or possibly planting a seed in fans minds that he is a one season wonder when they accept a 150mil bid)
    2 - Taking the pressure off him. Liverpool fans are known for getting carried away and they will start talk of Salah leading them to glory. I think Gerrard knows the pressure and wants to relieve some of it.