Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good, innit?

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
Hope, excitement in being involved with something potentially positive, anxiously watching other results when we are not playing, studying fixtures...

Almost forgot how qgood those bits of being a football fan are whilst we have sleep walked into nothingness over the last few pathetic years.

Not really felt anything near that since the Sheffield cup games.

Comments

• After Saturday's game I hope I'm thinking "Who will we be playing in the semifinal" not wondering whether or not we're going to make the top six.
  • Great to be involved at the right end of the table at the end of the season - let's hope we go on to make it count!
  • Lord Bowyer knows
  • I thought this thread was going to be in recognition of the windrush generation thread being started
  • Hope, excitement in being involved with something potentially positive, anxiously watching other results when we are not playing, studying fixtures...

Almost forgot how qgood those bits of being a football fan are whilst we have sleep walked into nothingness over the last few pathetic years.

Absolutely, nothing better than the play offs
  • Hope, excitement in being involved with something potentially positive, anxiously watching other results when we are not playing, studying fixtures...

There's also nothing worse!
  • edited April 2018

Hope, excitement in being involved with something potentially positive, anxiously watching other results when we are not playing, studying fixtures...

Only if you win.
    But up until that moment when you've actually lost, it does get to become an unbelievably intense time.

Religiously checking the league table, even ten minutes after you last checked, checking the fixture list, again and again even though neither you or your adversaries are playing.

Cheering a goal from Shrewsbury and Rochdale.

Halting you social life over the playoff final weekend, just in case.

Getting home to find your Rochdale tickets have arrived and phoning your son immediately to tell him the Rochdale tickets have arrived.

Stepson phoning up tonight to say he's coming back from Uni "that weekend", just in case. Then asked "could we be playing Shrewsbury on the Sunday".

God knows what my excitement levels will be at 5pm on Saturday.

• Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Great to be involved at the right end of the table at the end of the season - let's hope we go on to make it count!

It's like that moment on a date when you think 'shit, I'm in'...

Said the exact same thing to Golfie Jnr when he rang me after this eve results. He's buzzing as he's not had these feelings for the last few games of a season before. He spent most of the drive down to Pompey moaning about how nervous he felt - god knows what the trip up to Rochdale is going to feel like.
  • I think both Rovers and Rochdale matches are going to very difficult to win.
  • Addickted said:

Checking out prices for where we stayed last season for Shrewsbury on the Sunday. Booked it as can cancel up to 24 hours before.

5 minutes later I booked a pub just outside of Rotherham for the same night.

5 minutes after that I've also done the same for Scunthorpe on the same night.

So there we have it. Us and the above three getting into the play offs.

I've not bothered with checking out anywhere else.

Those of us in the hotel business hate people like you!!!
  • edited April 2018
    Loving it! Didn’t even really get it during the title winning year because we were so far out in front for most of the year. Long long time since we’ve been in a close race for something positive. First season in League 1 under Parkinson when were fighting Leeds for second place was probably the last time.
  • edited April 2018
    Loving it too. Special thanks to Bowyer and Jacko. If the fat scouse was still in charge all we would be hearing is " how we will be ready to win the title next year "

However I know for a fact that this will be going to the final game. Which I know I won't be able to handle.
  • Addickted said:

Checking out prices for where we stayed last season for Shrewsbury on the Sunday. Booked it as can cancel up to 24 hours before.

5 minutes later I booked a pub just outside of Rotherham for the same night.

5 minutes after that I've also done the same for Scunthorpe on the same night.

So there we have it. Us and the above three getting into the play offs.

I've not bothered with checking out anywhere else.

There’s zero possibility of us playing Scunthorpe in the play offs.

And based on the below, your Shrewsbury booking would work, but not the Rotherham one:
    Siv_in_Norfolk
    So... pulling all of the above together, we have:

Thursday 10 May 7.45pm (League One A)
    6th vs Shrewsbury

Saturday 12 May 12.30pm (League One B )
    5th vs Rotherham

Sunday 13 May 5.15pm (League One A)
    Shrewsbury vs 6th.

Wednesday 16 May 7.45pm (League One B )
    Rotherham vs 5th.

————

This is based on Shrews finishing 3rd and Rotherham 4th. It takes into account that Rotherham have a Euro U17 game at their stadium on 13th and so must play in schedule B.
    Tryna Help. Like your attitude
  • OFFS! : just checked the League One Playoff Final date; 27th May - slap-bang in the middle of my week in Crete! Idiot!
  • Sponsored links:

• If we get 3 points Saturday I'll allow myself a little optimism.
    From this position it will be gutting not to go all the way but some will be more gutted than me. There are a couple of other clubs who are in the mix as well and I'm sure they will be equally as confidant as us.
    This club has a serious track record of disappointing me.
  • meldrew66 said:

OFFS! : just checked the League One Playoff Final date; 27th May - slap-bang in the middle of my week in Crete! Idiot!

SSSSSSShhhh. Don't say that while Golfie's around: you'll get a right old earful.
  • meldrew66 said:

OFFS! : just checked the League One Playoff Final date; 27th May - slap-bang in the middle of my week in Crete! Idiot!

Sure there'll be a match thread mate
  • After Saturday's game I hope I'm thinking "Who will we be playing in the semifinal" not wondering whether or not we're going to make the top six.

I know what you'll be thinking and you do too.

No matter what happens Saturday, it goes to the last game.
  • meldrew66 said:

Sure there'll be a match thread mate
    Someone call?

Don't be fooled people, he told me at the weekend he doesn't want us to go up!

;-)
  • meldrew66 said:

Don't most travel insurance policies pay out for an unavoidable cancellation?