Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer’s start now best since Jimmy Seed in 1933

Only Jimmy Seed has collected more points (adjusted for three from a win) in his first eight games - and Lee Bowyer will become the most successful boss ever over his first ten if he wins one of the last two matches.

Full story at www.votvonline.com

Comments

• Bob Peeters Charlton's most successful start after ten games in the club's history. An interesting one for the trivia file.
  • Bob Peeters Charlton's most successful start after ten games in the club's history. An interesting one for the trivia file.

InterestIng that Peeters and Luzon both did well over that period but pretty soon got found out. I think ten games is a decent benchmark, but you also have to look at the situation inherited.

In that context Dowie’s record is particularly abysmal.

InterestIng that Peeters and Luzon both did well over that period but pretty soon got found out. I think ten games is a decent benchmark, but you also have to look at the situation inherited.

There are some on here that blamed Curbs rather than Dowie....
  • LenGlover said:

Bob Peeters Charlton's most successful start after ten games in the club's history. An interesting one for the trivia file.

Yes, well, most clubs have their share of village idiots and we're no different.

• LenGlover said:

Bob Peeters Charlton's most successful start after ten games in the club's history. An interesting one for the trivia file.

If Curbs hadn't left Uncle Dicky wouldn't have had the chance to try and put one over Tangoman by appointing Dowie.

So of course it was Curbs fault.

Injuries to Henderson and Vetokele did for Peeters
  • wmcf123 said:

Injuries to Henderson and Vetokele with no adequate squad depth to replace them did for Peeters
  • I think Peeters would've been a decent manager for us if he'd have actually had a decent owner at the time.
  • edited April 2018
    Redrobo said:

wmcf123 said:

Injuries to Henderson and Vetokele did for Peeters
    Isn’t it Ventokele?
    No

• Sponsored links:

I remember those days well, when we were relatively optimistic about Roland's ownership...

That all changed quite quickly though, and never recovered from the nature of Luzon's appointment