Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Classic Football Shirts

«1

Comments

  • That doesn’t look genuine to me. We didn’t use Adidas shirts until the 80’s.
  • Looks like the 1980 shirt
  • After googling, it’s the 80/81 shirt, an absolute beauty
  • Have just looked at my Charlton Home and Away book.

    If you look at the team groups you will see that the top is as fake as BexleyBoy's exclusives.
  • I’ve never heard of anyone making fake charlton shirts! 
  • I’ve never heard of anyone making fake charlton shirts! 
    Yes  There has been quite a few in Ebay over the years. 

    That top is fake.
  • I’ve never heard of anyone making fake charlton shirts! 
    I had a fake Fads shirt from ebay 
  • Sponsored links:




  • This is looks like the shirt.
  • The collar is quite different.


  • edited August 15


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer
  • cafc999 said:


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer


    It didn't sell.

    This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

  • cafc999 said:


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer


    It didn't sell.

    This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

    Which is usually code for 'someone has made an offer, we'll do it ourselves via paypal and not pay any ebay fees'
  • cafc999 said:


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer


    It didn't sell.

    This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

    Sorry - my mistake. 

    I wonder if the error was that the shirt is fake, which it clearly is.

    A few months ago there was a red CAFC tracksuit on ebay. It had the same style badge with FADS across the front. I am pretty certain it went for over £300. Again, fake
  • The shirt is back on there, price lowered to £160. I guess it's possible they may not realise it's a fake. 
  • cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer


    It didn't sell.

    This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

    Sorry - my mistake. 

    I wonder if the error was that the shirt is fake, which it clearly is.

    A few months ago there was a red CAFC tracksuit on ebay. It had the same style badge with FADS across the front. I am pretty certain it went for over £300. Again, fake
    I remember that being listed, I actually put a bid in. How can you tell if something is fake? The keepers shirt looks pretty authentic, but I note it is not the same one NJ is wearing in that picture.
  • PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:


    This is looks like the shirt.
    So that makes it real then? Just look at the size of the badge on Nicky's shirt to the one on ebay, along with the collar too.

    As for "Why would anyone fake a Charlton shirt?" - Well that shirt sold for £210. There is your answer


    It didn't sell.

    This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

    Sorry - my mistake. 

    I wonder if the error was that the shirt is fake, which it clearly is.

    A few months ago there was a red CAFC tracksuit on ebay. It had the same style badge with FADS across the front. I am pretty certain it went for over £300. Again, fake
    I remember that being listed, I actually put a bid in. How can you tell if something is fake? The keepers shirt looks pretty authentic, but I note it is not the same one NJ is wearing in that picture.
    If you come up to the museum I can give you a few pointers. 

    Most lower league club just use the same shirts that are in the club shop but when you are looking at a 60's, 70's or 80's shirt there normally is some tell tale signs.
  • Talal said:
    The shirt is back on there, price lowered to £160. I guess it's possible they may not realise it's a fake. 


    Or or trying there luck again to mug someone off for less money. Once in hand it’s pretty hard to not realise a supposedly 35 year old shirt was made within the last year. 
  • Sponsored links:


  • shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    The shirt is back on there, price lowered to £160. I guess it's possible they may not realise it's a fake. 


    Or or trying there luck again to mug someone off for less money. Once in hand it’s pretty hard to not realise a supposedly 35 year old shirt was made within the last year. 
    True that is most likely. I might put a ten quid offer in. 
  • shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    The shirt is back on there, price lowered to £160. I guess it's possible they may not realise it's a fake. 


    Or or trying there luck again to mug someone off for less money. Once in hand it’s pretty hard to not realise a supposedly 35 year old shirt was made within the last year. 
    The problem is that the person listing the shirt has been very clever with the description. Nowhere does the seller mention match worn, player issue or genuine CAFC shirt. All they state is that its a CAFC goalkeeping shirt, which legally it is (It's a GK shirt with the CAFC badge on it). The seller knows this though
  • cafc999 said:
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    The shirt is back on there, price lowered to £160. I guess it's possible they may not realise it's a fake. 


    Or or trying there luck again to mug someone off for less money. Once in hand it’s pretty hard to not realise a supposedly 35 year old shirt was made within the last year. 
    The problem is that the person listing the shirt has been very clever with the description. Nowhere does the seller mention match worn, player issue or genuine CAFC shirt. All they state is that its a CAFC goalkeeping shirt, which legally it is (It's a GK shirt with the CAFC badge on it). The seller knows this though
    Exactly how scammers do things 
  • I've spoken to the fella on eBay. He thinks its the real deal, but isn't 100%. 
  • PopIcon said:
    I've spoken to the fella on eBay. He thinks its the real deal, but isn't 100%. 
    Another stock answer
  • cafc999 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I've spoken to the fella on eBay. He thinks its the real deal, but isn't 100%. 
    Another stock answer
    He gave the impression he was a Charlton fan. These fake tops, do you think they are one offs? That Fads tracksuit top wouldn't have been straightforward to make unlike the keepers top.
  • edited August 15



    I don't think the badge ever looked quite like that in the 80s. All the kits I've seen from that period and the ones I had as a kid in the early/ mid 90s had a badge much similar to the second image. Not sure if there are any exceptions.



  • I don't think the badge ever looked quite like that in the 80s. All the kits I've seen from that period and the ones I had as a kid in the early/ mid 90s had a badge much similar to the second image. Not sure if there are any exceptions.
    You're right.

    @cafc999 is the Museum expert on shirts and autographs and he can spot a fake a mile off.

    As he says, the seller knows it's not genuine but words it in such a way to make it easy to read it as if it is.
  • "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." - yeah there was, sneaky bugger.
  • PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I've spoken to the fella on eBay. He thinks its the real deal, but isn't 100%. 
    Another stock answer
    He gave the impression he was a Charlton fan. These fake tops, do you think they are one offs? That Fads tracksuit top wouldn't have been straightforward to make unlike the keepers top.
    If you have the printing template set up then its quite easy to churn out fake after fake. Just get an old shirt and hey presto - an authentic shirt - well in think it is guvnor
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!