Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play off teams away allocation

I know i'm being a bit forward here but of the teams that we are possibly going to be playing in semi-final play-off (SHOULD WE GET THERE !!) - what are the away fan allocations ?

Shrewsbury
Rotherham
Scunthorpe

maybe Plymouth - although would think it unlikely we could face them.

Comments

• Options
    shrewsbury - 1500
    rotherham - 2500
    scunthorpe - 1678
  • Options
    tbh if midweek i dont think we would sell out any of those 3
  • Options
    could sell out Shrews/Scunny but Rotherham may be a stretch
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I think we’d sell out, on the back of last weekend and (if) picking up points in our last two games, the excitement post Rochdale would see them sell out IMO
  • Options

I know i'm being a bit forward here but of the teams that we are possibly going to be playing in semi-final play-off (SHOULD WE GET THERE !!) - what are the away fan allocations ?

Shrewsbury
    Rotherham
    Scunthorpe

maybe Plymouth - although would think it unlikely we could face them.

Do not know the exact figures but all we'd get is the normal away allocation for a league game.

Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe apprx 2000
    Rotherham apprx 3000
  • Options
    The dates are

First Leg:

Thursday 10 May League One A Kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday 12 May League One B Kick-off 12.30pm

Second Leg:

Sunday 13 May League One A Kick-off 5.15pm

Wednesday 16 May League One B Kick-off 7.45pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/april/play-offs-semi-final-dates-announced/

Does anyone know which positions play in game A/B? Seems a strange way of doing it. I thought the second leg would be midweek to give the team finishing higher a slight advantage? Other leagues have the playoffs as a single leg at the team who finished higher's home ground.
  • Options

So... pulling all of the above together, we have:

Thursday 10 May 7.45pm (League One A)
    6th vs Shrewsbury

Saturday 12 May 12.30pm (League One B )
    5th vs Rotherham

Sunday 13 May 5.15pm (League One A)
    Shrewsbury vs 6th.

Wednesday 16 May 7.45pm (League One B )
    Rotherham vs 5th.

————

This is based on Shrews finishing 3rd and Rotherham 4th. It takes into account that Rotherham have a Euro U17 game at their stadium on 13th and so must play in schedule B.

• Options

its a northern away game midweek meaning 2 days off work some wont be able to do it.
  • Options

So... pulling all of the above together, we have:

Thursday 10 May 7.45pm (League One A)
    6th vs Shrewsbury

Saturday 12 May 12.30pm (League One B )
    5th vs Rotherham

Sunday 13 May 5.15pm (League One A)
    Shrewsbury vs 6th.

Wednesday 16 May 7.45pm (League One B )
    Rotherham vs 5th.

————

This is based on Shrews finishing 3rd and Rotherham 4th. It takes into account that Rotherham have a Euro U17 game at their stadium on 13th and so must play in schedule B.

Returning from Shrewsbury that Sunday evening would be possible, but the last option the 9:31 wouldn't get you back to Euston until 1:03! The 8:23 arrives back at 00:25. the trains before then might be tight to get back from the ground

• Options
    So, looks potentially like Shrewsbury on Sunday 13th.
    I'm on a course in Brussels on 14th and 15th - gonna be tricky, but must do it !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure that Scunny can finish 4th can only finish with 76 points which Rotherham already have with a better goal diffence.
  • Options
    how many did we take to Swindon away last time in play offs ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Allocation sold out to people queuing up at the ticket office, phones crashed
  • Options
    Whoever we play we'll sell it out. We took 6,000 up to Boro on a Tuesday night even if coach travel was free.
  • Options

Whoever we play we'll sell it out. We took 6,000 up to Boro on a Tuesday night even if coach travel was free.

we have to get there 1st but that was an fa cup 1/4 final and was 5250 that went, 52 coaches, 3 planes, 2 trains at a cost of 130k to the club, and we was premier league, were lucky to get 6000 at a home game now.
  • Options
    Pretty confident we'd sell out.
    1500 for Shrewsbury on a sunday should be fairly easy.
    2500 midweek at Rotherham bit trickier but even if they don't sell immediately, a decent first leg result should ensure we sell out.
  • Options
    Don't want to get too carried away and I realise this a bit of a rhetorical question as I can't see Roland sanctioning any cost involved - but just IF we got to the play-offs what's the chances of the club organising a beam-back to Charlton of the away leg?
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Don't want to get too carried away and I realise this a bit of a rhetorical question as I can't see Roland sanctioning any cost involved - but just IF we got to the play-offs what's the chances of the club organising a beam-back to Charlton of the away leg?

pretty sure it would be on sky so pubs would have it on, i'm sure between us we could arrange something.
  • Options
    I dont think theres much chance of free coaches being laid on, theres no senior staff left to approve/organise that!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We would sell out any of those grounds whether it's Sunday or midweek - especially if, as mentioned above, we got a decent result in the first leg at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People like to have a moan about our away attendances but when there's a big game on, our fans always show up in numbers.
  • Options

Not wishing to count chickens etc. but if we get to the play-offs we will sell out the away leg.
  • Options
    Hate these threads. I preferred being quietly confident with my glass half full whilst all around me had given up hope. Last time people got as excited as this we got 1 point from 3 games and we can't afford that to happen again. Could everyone stay silent so we can sneak in without anyone noticing haha.
  • Options
    Didn't we take the best part of 3,000 to Swindon for the first leg on a Friday night?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

People like to have a moan about our away attendances but when there's a big game on, our fans always show up in numbers.

Sadly have to disagree with that. Taking into account the gates we've been getting at home this season (the real ones, which are usually at least 2,000 less than the official attendance figure), Saturday's turnout was good. Taking 2,500 anywhere when you're only getting 7-8,000 at home is pretty good.

But we only had about 1,600 at Selhurst for Rommedahl in the last minute, a Premier League London derby against one of our 2 most hated rivals, and we always struggle to sell out at The Den, whilst they always seem to sell out their allocation at The Valley within a matter of days.

Taking 8,500 to Selhurst in the Championship was pretty impressive, but only having 1,000 or so at Blackburn and Carlisle for champions/promotion confirmation seems pretty poor to me.

Probably the main reason we used to have the (usually disastrous) Operation Free Coaches trips is because the team supposedly respond to the support (although they usually didn't) and the club knew they couldn't rely on numbers turning up without laying the travel on.

Operation Riverside and Operation Ewood would probably have had no more than 1,500 Charlton without the club stepping in.

Taking 7,000 to Fulham for that cup game in 11/12 is great support, but why did only 1 in 7 of them make it to Carlisle to see us confirm promotion.

I'd say we're inconsistent at best.
    I went to both !
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Most people that didn't turn up at Carlisle didn't do so because it wasn't guaranteed that that was the day that promotion was confirmed. If it was a win-and-promoted scenario then we'd have sold out our allocation there within days.

As it was, on the day we needed to win and have the Wendies lose at Colchester (unlikely result but they did). Most people expected us to finalise promotion the following weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Rothko said:

Didn't we take the best part of 3,000 to Swindon for the first leg on a Friday night?

This too. I seem to remember a huge argument on here about who should get priority tickets etc and they barely made general sale.
  • Options

Most people that didn't turn up at Carlisle didn't do so because it wasn't guaranteed that that was the day that promotion was confirmed. If it was a win-and-promoted scenario then we'd have sold out our allocation there within days.

As it was, on the day we needed to win and have the Wendies lose at Colchester (unlikely result but they did). Most people expected us to finalise promotion the following weekend.

Yes I assumed we wouldn't achieve promotion at Carlisle, and instead arranged to go to Preston 2 weeks later....