Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins To Return (One Day)

Comments

• The future Ballon D'or winner Jordan Cousins says he'll come back and play for little old Charlton Athletic once he's retired from international football and won the quadruple 3 times in a row. Give me a break he can't even get into QPR's team.

Must have missed where he said all that.
  • Well I would love to see JC come back here one day. From reading the whole article (rather than picking up on one, perhaps poorly phrased sentence) it is clear he holds us in great esteem and has stated he would like to work with kids in our academy as that is where he sees his post football career going. All sounds good to me, and if our paths cross at a later stage in his playing days and we need him in the team then great.

Picking up on one badly phrased sentence is the reason that sports people are all now media trained and say very little of interest.

I like the final paragraph.

I'm pleased we have an ex-player(and through the ranks) who seems to have a genuine affection for us.

Well said Jordan.
  • The future Ballon D'or winner Jordan Cousins says he'll come back and play for little old Charlton Athletic once he's retired from international football and won the quadruple 3 times in a row. Give me a break he can't even get into QPR's team.

He’s spent a lot his time at QPR out injured.
  • Our Player of the year 2014/15 in the Championship, still playing in the Championship, but not good enough for us.

Oh, and that goal against Wigan still lives in the memory.
  • He only holds Charlton with affection because he keeps messaging random birds on Twitter who are fans of the club. Snakey guy all around!
  • Sounds like Cousins is open to a return sooner rather than later if we get promoted. He hasn't, and won't achieve anything with QPR. They're going nowhere. Kashi replacement in the summer upon promotion would do nicely.
  • He only holds Charlton with affection because he keeps messaging random birds on Twitter who are fans of the club. Snakey guy all around!

? really ?
  • Stoke Fans are not too keen on Jordan after hi debut.

Fairly harsh.

• Yeah was worried for Jordan when he signed for them

They're fans typically just down from the Premier League after a long spell away from this Division and have missed out on an instant return to the top flight

They'll bloody well expect nothing more than drastic improvements on last season and see Cousins being fully in their firing line
  • Sponsored links:

Fairly harsh.

It reminds me of an early Pratley thread. 
  • Cousins works hard but was always a pretty limited player - he's not an exciting player. 
  • Cousins works hard but was always a pretty limited player - he's not an exciting player. 
    shoulda come to Bowyer...

Fairly harsh.

Wouldn't write any player off like that after one game. Looks like a lot of unreasonable reactions but unfortunately that's the kind of response players like Cousins can get. Lack of flair, a lot of their best work going into positioning, stamina and nous and very little into aggressive forward passing, it rarely goes down well with most fans
  • What what position did he play?
  • Redhenry said:
    What what position did he play?
    Holding Mid
  • We'll be able to judge for ourselves on Saturday.
  • For me, the problem with Cousins was his refusal to accept that he is not the best CM but a very good RB. When he plays RB he looks very good.
    For me, if he moved into that position permanently, he would get a lot more plaudits. 
  • LenGlover said:
    We'll be able to judge for ourselves on Saturday.
    Guaranteed to play well.
  • For me, the problem with Cousins was his refusal to accept that he is not the best CM but a very good RB. When he plays RB he looks very good.
    For me, if he moved into that position permanently, he would get a lot more plaudits. 
    Not sure his crossing was good enough to be a quality full back, but can certainly get up and down.  Shame as we look like having an opening for an athletic RB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very average Championship midfielder, was a bit surprised that Stoke went for him really if they're serious for promotion
    Still time to loan him in place of Dijksteel
  • Very average Championship midfielder, was a bit surprised that Stoke went for him really if they're serious for promotion
    Guess Jones fancies him from his time at Charlton with him.
  • Didn't look too impressive last night at Crawley!
    Played mostly on right wing but done very little
  • Didn't look too impressive last night at Crawley!
    Played mostly on right wing but done very little
    He's barely played this season in the league. Two starts, 3 times on the bench and didn't come on (including at The Valley) and 3 times left out completely...
  • He also is not a right midfielder/winger. Goodness me it’s probably the last position I would play him.

He done alright for us as a left midfielder cutting in and supporting the two central midfielders, but he is not that either.

Personally think for Cousins to be able to impact the game in midfield, he needs very good technical players next to him and players able to score goals from midfield. He can only really work with a 5 in midfield in my honest opinion. Two other decent central midfielders will benefit him Cousin’s ability to win the ball and get around the pitch, allowing the better players to go and play.

Otherwise, stick him in a back 3/5 but as the right sided centre back. Let him have two defenders next to him who are commanding and able to teach him the role of a central defender well. But you’d need a forward thinking right back/right wing back next to him otherwise you’d suffer.

He’s a limited Championship midfielder, but definitely one who could have done with the guidance of people like Bowyer, Jackson, and Pratley, and I really believe that Darren would improve and help Cousins’ career, he’d learn a lot from a player like him. Stoke right now is not the environment to be in, too many players on too much money who can’t be arsed to put a proper shift in. If Stoke were to go down this season (I don’t think they will) they’d really suffer in League One. 
  • Sage said:
    He also is not a right midfielder/winger. Goodness me it’s probably the last position I would play him.

He done alright for us as a left midfielder cutting in and supporting the two central midfielders, but he is not that either.

Personally think for Cousins to be able to impact the game in midfield, he needs very good technical players next to him and players able to score goals from midfield. He can only really work with a 5 in midfield in my honest opinion. Two other decent central midfielders will benefit him Cousin’s ability to win the ball and get around the pitch, allowing the better players to go and play.

Otherwise, stick him in a back 3/5 but as the right sided centre back. Let him have two defenders next to him who are commanding and able to teach him the role of a central defender well. But you’d need a forward thinking right back/right wing back next to him otherwise you’d suffer.

He’s a limited Championship midfielder, but definitely one who could have done with the guidance of people like Bowyer, Jackson, and Pratley, and I really believe that Darren would improve and help Cousins’ career, he’d learn a lot from a player like him. Stoke right now is not the environment to be in, too many players on too much money who can’t be arsed to put a proper shift in. If Stoke were to go down this season (I don’t think they will) they’d really suffer in League One. 
    Says it all really when he can only play in midfield or defence as a 3 and not a 2. This allows the other players to make up for his limited ability
  • Sage said:
    He also is not a right midfielder/winger. Goodness me it’s probably the last position I would play him.

I found it strange when Creepy said that Jordan played right-wing

Nathan Jones said when he'd signed him that he'd be playing Jordan where he played for our U23s as its where Jones remembers him from - Someone might correct me but certainly dont remember him playing out there when coming through for us!!

Maybe thats Jones' problem... Need to play players in their positions, and not tinker for the sake of it
  • I think I am right in saying we voted for him as POTY twice, at Championship level.
    That is because he was good.
    His career since leaving has been a genuine shame that he has not pushed on in my view.