Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale away (ed. 1,200+ sold, more coaches added)

Comments

• edited April 2018
    When I last did it I did train to Picadiliy, tram to Victoria, station bar for a few beers, Victoria to Rochdale, cab from station to pub next door to ground (which was old skool and decent)
  • _nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

What time is everyone arriving in Manc. I stupidly booked to arrive at 12, thinking it was 3 KO.

I assume tram to Rochdale quickest

Tram takes ages. Made that mistake last season. Train from Manchester Victoria is better.
    Lovely cheers. Train to Rochdale Town Centre?
    Tram goes closer to the ground than the train (and via the station), but the quickest trains take 13 minutes. Fair walk to the ground either way.
  • Train and cab are best bets, definitely for the return if going back on the night, even worth pre booking and going all the way to Manchester if clubbed together, train was delayed from Rochdale last season, ended up getting a cab from Vic to Pic, probably cheaper and less stressful to cut out the middle man.
  • Just seen on the website over 1000 tickets sold and additional spaces on the coaches made available.

Any idea on how many we've sold? Would be good if we were into 4 figures.

Believe an extra 1,000 tickets arrived last week. They won’t have been posting out tickets ordered online last week as they were too busy with Blackburn.
    I see either info about tickets or coaches on the website? I can see they have added coach tkts at £27 but no info on times. Also can't see info on extra tickets. Can someone post links please
  • _nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

What time is everyone arriving in Manc. I stupidly booked to arrive at 12, thinking it was 3 KO.

Tram takes ages. Made that mistake last season. Train from Manchester Victoria is better.
    Lovely cheers. Train to Rochdale Town Centre?
    Yes, and I seem to remember it was about a 15 or 20 minute walk?
  • edited May 2018
    how are people getting home after the game same day on trains?
  • Seven of us - cab back to Manchester
  • 1pm land in Manchester. Few liveners in city centre then train to Rochdale for 3ish to head to the away pub
  • Sponsored links:

• Although

how are people getting home after the game same day on trains?

Booking a taxi for 7:30 to Manchester and keeping everything crossed!
  • redman said:

Just seen on the website over 1000 tickets sold and additional spaces on the coaches made available.

Any idea on how many we've sold? Would be good if we were into 4 figures.

Believe an extra 1,000 tickets arrived last week. They won’t have been posting out tickets ordered online last week as they were too busy with Blackburn.
    I see either info about tickets or coaches on the website? I can see they have added coach tkts at £27 but no info on times. Also can't see info on extra tickets. Can someone post links please
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ae734572e8b3/extra-ticket-allocation-and-coaches-for-final-day-clash-at-rochdale
  • RedPanda said:

Larkfield: 9am
    Gravesend: 9.25am
    Dartford: 9.40am
    Bexleyheath: 9.55am
    Bromley: 10.25am
    Eltham: 10.45am
    Charlton: 11am

Given kickoff time I’d consider the coach except it’s the usual stupid tour of SE London after Dartford, and the same later on at 1 or 2am. That’s even with the ‘extra’ departure(s?).

Our biggest game in a few years and they can’t break up the service like old times so you only have one or two stops, and they earn a few extra bob. Idiots.

And as a result of the pick up times I'd be amazed if anybody still gets on the coach at Bexleyheath. Why would you when you can get to Charlton in 20 mins by car. I dare say even the 486 bus would be quicker!
  • good chance there gonna be relegated after saturday and they want a shindig with a liam gallagher tribute act, sure katrien hasnt ventured further north
  • RedPanda said:

Given kickoff time I’d consider the coach except it’s the usual stupid tour of SE London after Dartford, and the same later on at 1 or 2am. That’s even with the ‘extra’ departure(s?).

Our biggest game in a few years and they can’t break up the service like old times so you only have one or two stops, and they earn a few extra bob. Idiots.

Never understand this, pretty sure it never used to be like that (although it's probably 20 years since i got a coach to an away game).

Where's the logic in getting on at Dartford and 1 hour 20 minutes later, you're still only in Charlton?! You could do that in 15-20 minutes by train.
  • _nam11 said:

You'll need to pace yourself or you'll be off your face before kick off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Badger said:

RedPanda said:

And as a result of the pick up times I'd be amazed if anybody still gets on the coach at Bexleyheath. Why would you when you can get to Charlton in 20 mins by car. I dare say even the 486 bus would be quicker!
    Someone i spoke with recently told me that he gets off the coach at Bexleyheath and takes the 486 to Charlton as it's quicker.
    to get back on the same coach - bit Irish isnt it
  • Badger said:

RedPanda said:

Someone i spoke with recently told me that he gets off the coach at Bexleyheath and takes the 486 to Charlton as it's quicker.
    to get back on the same coach - bit Irish isnt it
    And to get the shittier seats after everyone else has been on in between.
  • Redrobo said:
    So Liam Gallagher is the Oasis tribute act then? Harsh but fair :smile:
    Hope they're not looking back in anger.
  • Redrobo said:
    I think they’re just going to Roll with it. That’s the masterplan anyway.
  • Redrobo said:
    Hopefully, we're still the High Flying Birds after the game!! :smile:
  • edited May 2018
    It will be quicker to drive to Rochdale than it was me picking up tickets at the club shop today.
  • TelMc32 said:

Redrobo said:
    Hopefully, we're still the High Flying Birds after the game!! :smile:
    Hey Now! Some might say we have gone too far already with these Oasis references, little by little we will stop hopefully!
  • 1200 + sold by lunchtime Tuesday.
  • Surely the game will be on TV ?