Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale away (ed. 1,200+ sold, more coaches added)

Comments

• Options
    How many are we gonna sell then? I remember we filled up the away end behind the goal against Oldham a few years back when we were top six and heading for the playoffs...
  • Options
    Another ordered today.

Thats 4 of us going now.

only 30 minutes on the train for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Good luck to anyone going up to Rochdale.

Did a data cabling job up there in the early 80's. Good god! Those are three unremarkable days out of my sorry existence I will never get back!

Still, nearly 30 years later, I am sure things have improved...
  • Options
    Annoingly on holiday otherwise i'd have been there
  • Options
    I am going to Rochdale and staying overnight. I dont know that part of the world and would appreciate any advice of the best places/towns to stay. TIA.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I am going to Rochdale and staying overnight. I dont know that part of the world and would appreciate any advice of the best places/towns to stay. TIA.

thought you were not giving Roland a penny until he's gone :-(
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Stay in Manchester, only down the road.
  • Options
    Is it too early to start asking about pubs?
    Going up Sat morning and got Travelodge booked in Manchester. Not sure if to drink in Manc, travel up to Rochdale just before KO or head to Dale earlier and drink there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have a large supporters bar under the stand at one end of the ground, I've never had any trouble getting in for small fee, I think we paid quid each last time but check first.
  • Options
    At the stadium there are the Ratcliffe and Studds Bars which are open to both sets of fans on matchdays with both bars opening from around 12.00 pm on Saturdays and 5.00 pm during midweek matches. These are both located either side of the ground on Sandy Lane B6452.

From Rochdale railway station the centre of town is less than 10 minutes away and here you will find a handful of smaller drinking establishments such as The Cask & Feather real ale pub. There is also Yate’s and Wetherspoons pubs, with the latter known as The Regal Moon, located outside of Rochdale Interchange Tram Station.
  • Options
    Ordered last Wednesday evening, not arrived yet. Hopefully will arrive by Friday or else the ticket office will phone Rochdale to print a duplicate...
  • Options
    I’m in with my dad and @The31YearMan, it’s the latter’s birthday present

Must admit I’m praying for a Scunthorpe win 2mo on the basis that my last away game was Blackpool and we’ve won at Northampton, Shrewsbury and Pompey since then. I don’t want to be the one responsible for a defeat, as it’s clear the team perform better without me
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Must admit I’m praying for a Scunthorpe win 2mo on the basis that my last away game was Blackpool and we’ve won at Northampton, Shrewsbury and Pompey since then. I don’t want to be the one responsible for a defeat, as it’s clear the team perform better without me

Does he become the 32YearMan then?
  • Options
    The official coaches for Rochdale have sold out, but a few of us are sorting out a private coach.

Pick up times:
    Snodland (Kent) 7:30
    Charlton 8:00

£32pp

We will arrive with plenty of time to go to pubs and get food before the game.

Add me on Facebook (Ian Timms), or Tweet me @Timmsi_CAFC
  • Options
    Timmsi said:

The official coaches for Rochdale have sold out, but a few of us are sorting out a private coach.

Pick up times:

£32pp

was there more than one?
  • Options
    Is there going to be a live game on Sky or are they just going to go around the grounds when a goal goes in?
  • Options

Timmsi said:

Pick up times:

£32pp

was there more than one?
    That fact I'm not 100% sure but was told there was more than one.... Personally I thought the club would do free coaches and travel for this game given the situation... but a few of us have taken it into our hold hands... There isn't many places left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a fancy dress theme?
  • Options

Is there going to be a live game on Sky or are they just going to go around the grounds when a goal goes in?

pretty sure Sky will have 1 live game and then Soccer Saturday will be extended and do the latter
  • Options

cabbles said:

It’s actually a 31 year clock that counts down from the start of the 2015/16 season. It was his commitment to do 31 years of going to all the games from that point on up until his 85th birthday. He failed going to every game within a couple of months of that first season, but on the whole his record is getting better with time. He’s only missed Exeter and Plymouth away and Bury at home this season. In time I hope he can put his money where his mouth is and do a whole season. He’ll never be a big hitter like Seb Lewis, but he’s trying
  • Options

Vinegar Pissers!
  • Options
    Meeting Addickted and el-pietro in Ratclifffes......evidently they do a mean pie!!
  • Options
    Do we still have tickets left and does anyone know if they would sell on the day if there are some left?

Can see us making a fairly late call on this one.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Rothko said:

Making a weekend of it - with Man City v Huddersfield the next day (in the Huddersfield end).

Nice. How did you get tickets for that match, as I imagine they were in high demand?
    My girlfriend's a Huddersfield fan and her parents are season ticket holders.
    Good work, although I suspect it's not going to make fun viewing from the away end the mood City want to finish the season off in
    If Huddersfield are safe by then, their fans will be able to enjoy the occasion. As fans, to an extent, that's why you want to be in the PL, you know you're going to lose more games, but being taken apart by world class players beats losing scrappy 1-0s to a team of cloggers.
    Judging by Huddersfield's weekend's defeat to Everton and looking at their run-in, it looks like the away end at the Etihad could be a grisly experience on Sunday!

Expect Sky won't decide which game to show until Scunthorpe v Plymouth/ Doncaster v Wimbledon are played - looking forward to marching into the pub tomorrow to ask that the small telly is switched away from Real Madrid v Bayern Munich...
  • Options
    My son (king addick) booked our tickets Sunday. Looking forward to the game but not the four and a half hour drive each way so Charlton had better win.

COYR.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Vinegar Pissers!
    This may require some special planning :-)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

It’s actually a 31 year clock that counts down from the start of the 2015/16 season. It was his commitment to do 31 years of going to all the games from that point on up until his 85th birthday. He failed going to every game within a couple of months of that first season, but on the whole his record is getting better with time. He’s only missed Exeter and Plymouth away and Bury at home this season. In time I hope he can put his money where his mouth is and do a whole season. He’ll never be a big hitter like Seb Lewis, but he’s trying
    Hopefully, he won’t be bookng any holiday during the football season again then.