Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale away (ed. 1,200+ sold, more coaches added)

Comments

• Options
    I’m actually in for this one. Re: watering holes, their social club right on top of the ground welcomes away fans and found they were all quite friendly last season.
  • Options

I would have thought an hour to get from the ground to Manc Piccadilly was doable.

20 mins or so to get back into the City.

Shame the club can’t organise a football special like the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea do to their Northern games.

Think you would be pushing it to get the 19.42 from Rochdale to Victoria given it’s a 5.30 kick-off. The 20.00 is due in at 20.17, which is 18 minutes to change stations. OK in a cab, I guess, if the train is on time.

A club that aims to run one coach to each away game isn’t going to hire a train, which would probably cost about £20k.
    Go fund me is our friend
  • Options
    This will be my first Charlton game since 2013. Looking forward to it. Hoping I have a reason to get to a second game around the end of May!
  • Options
    Be good to see you there @el-pietro.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Has anyone booked the 8:35 Manchester return to London. It is probably do able but wondering whether anyone has risked booking it?

Has anyone booked the 8:35 Manchester return to London. It is probably do able but wondering whether anyone has risked booking it?

Yes! Spoke to a cab firm in Rochdale who said it should be fine getting back to Picadilly. Will book for 7:30, it’s a 40 minutes journey so have 25 minutes allowance for traffic and a supermarket booze stop for train refreshers.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Yes! Spoke to a cab firm in Rochdale who said it should be fine getting back to Picadilly.
    Cheers mate.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

WE DO NOT WANT AN OPERATION SPOTLAND.

We didn't need it yesterday & we only lose when we do. Surely you can make your own way there by car, train or coach. This is 2018 - not 1918.

Or just by car, in this case. No danger of anyone organising anything, as far as I can see, but most people would realise a Saturday evening match outside Manchester is not the same as a Saturday afternoon game on the South Coast.

In 1998, the supporters’ club ran 114 coaches to Wembley, including 79 from SE London and NWK. I think you’ll find we won that one.
  • Options
    Surely did and still have nightmares about the late delivery of the 114 parking permits to this day. Would definitely book a cab if going back to Manchester, get a mobile number as last season was a close shave via Victoria. Queue in Sainsbury's was long as well!
  • Options
    Re people needing to stop at the supermarket on the way back to the station, get your return drinks before you leave London and put them in a left luggage locker at Victoria.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m off to this one with two others. As I now work in West Yorkshire it’s only a 30 minute direct train.

5:30 kick off. It’s gonna be a messy one
  • Options

Re people needing to stop at the supermarket on the way back to the station, get your return drinks before you leave London and put them in a left luggage locker at Victoria.

Great idea in theory. Maybe not so good in practice.

https://www.grandcentralrail.com/customer-service/stations?name=manchester-victoria/
  • Options

Don't people want to drink them on the return train back from Manchester?
  • Options
    Stig said:

https://www.grandcentralrail.com/customer-service/stations?name=manchester-victoria/
    But Manchester Piccadilly does have left luggage :-)
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Stig said:

The only problem is, the amount of ice you need to keep the beers cool.
  • Options

Don't people want to drink them on the return train back from Manchester?
    although lumpy they do sell drinks on board aswell
  • Options

Are the lockers refrigerated?
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Stig said:

We've had our summer up here last last Thursday mate so the beers will stay nice and cool without the need for ice :wink: .
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Stig said:

This is why I’ve taken to drinking bottles of whiskey on the journeys to and from games. Works out a bit cheaper as well.
  • Options
    Making a weekend of it - with Man City v Huddersfield the next day (in the Huddersfield end).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Making a weekend of it - with Man City v Huddersfield the next day (in the Huddersfield end).

Nice. How did you get tickets for that match, as I imagine they were in high demand?
  • Options

Come on man, no one like a warm beer
  • Options
    Donny away/ I stashed my beers in a bush and got them after the game. Got an odd look from the Police and then a laugh when I pulled the beers out.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Donny away/ I stashed my beers in a bush and got them after the game. Got an odd look from the Police and then a laugh when I pulled the beers out.

what were the Police doing in some old dear's bush?
  • Options
    Ticket bought. Looking forward to it. Apparently about 500 sold.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Was done on saturday too.
  • Options

Nice. How did you get tickets for that match, as I imagine they were in high demand?
    My girlfriend's a Huddersfield fan and her parents are season ticket holders.
  • Options
    At least!