Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our fans today

Comments

• Options

The fans were brilliant and making points about flares shouldn't take anything away from that. But the point has to be made that somebody could get hurt and that potentially could have taken the shine from a great day. Also, fans wanting to take younger sons or daughters to an away game may think again. Being a football fan doesn't excuse you from having responsibilities to your fellow fans and others.

But only one or two morons threw the flares - the rest of the fans were simply fantastic.

Except the fan(s) who attacked the female steward...
    I was watching this go on from where I was standing (more central and near the back) and to me this whole incident looked totally unnecessary and was started by what seemed to be an over zealous steward trying to make a point at a charlton fan standing on a seat and celebrating. It then looked like the female steward (who seemed of a size that could handle herself and dish it out) decided to get involved and tried to grab the charlton fan and got pulled back over the fence as he retreated (i May well have totally misread the whole situation but that’s how it looked to me from what I saw and from where I was).
    Yeah i was behind the goal 5 rows back and had a good view, from my understanding what you said above is correct and the steward fell between the advertisement boards and the stand and hurt herself trying to lunge for the fan as he was pulled back by his mates
  • Options

If you're gonna throw flares - dont throw them at our goalkeeper !!

At the Gillingham game at Priestfield, they were thrown at the Gills keeper.

Do you think that's better, then?

Personally, I was taught not to throw explosive pyrotechnics at anyone.
    Good thing that no explosive pyrotechnics were used then.

They were not flares that burn at hundreds of degrees. They were smoke bombs which you can hold whole they go off and they won't burn you. Other than the asthma question there is no danger from them.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

The fans were brilliant and making points about flares shouldn't take anything away from that. But the point has to be made that somebody could get hurt and that potentially could have taken the shine from a great day. Also, fans wanting to take younger sons or daughters to an away game may think again. Being a football fan doesn't excuse you from having responsibilities to your fellow fans and others.

But only one or two morons threw the flares - the rest of the fans were simply fantastic.

Except the fan(s) who attacked the female steward...
    I was watching this go on from where I was standing (more central and near the back) and to me this whole incident looked totally unnecessary and was started by what seemed to be an over zealous steward trying to make a point at a charlton fan standing on a seat and celebrating. It then looked like the female steward (who seemed of a size that could handle herself and dish it out) decided to get involved and tried to grab the charlton fan and got pulled back over the fence as he retreated (i May well have totally misread the whole situation but that’s how it looked to me from what I saw and from where I was).
    Yeah i was behind the goal 5 rows back and had a good view, from my understanding what you said above is correct and the steward fell between the advertisement boards and the stand and hurt herself trying to lunge for the fan as he was pulled back by his mates
    She just wanted a hug to celebrate with us
  • Options
    Not how I saw it - but I could be mistaken.

A guy (dressed mainly in white) came out of the crowd pack and grabbed her, pulled her over the barrier and it looked like he swung a (missed) punch at her. I do not think he was the guy that the stewards were busy with.

Whatever the case, if you are the type of guy who is going to injure a woman who is doing a crowd control job - regardless of whether she can claim any compensation, then you don't represent me as a Charlton fan, and I feel ashamed.

There is too much misery in the world already, and we had nothing to cause any trouble about.
    Fans remained in the stadium to celebrate after the Todorov winner at palarse, and the playoff first leg at Swindon without any trouble. It should have been the same at Pompey.
  • Options
    Everything about saturday was quality.

Team played well, fans turned up.

Though total lack of anti-roland songs which was surprising.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Best atmosphere ever experienced at any game, loved the smoke bombs, keep them up.

Ah, but if the next one hits you in the eye it will change your view - literally and metaphorically.
    No
  • Options

A guy (dressed mainly in white) came out of the crowd pack and grabbed her, pulled her over the barrier and it looked like he swung a (missed) punch at her. I do not think he was the guy that the stewards were busy with.

Whatever the case, if you are the type of guy who is going to injure a woman who is doing a crowd control job - regardless of whether she can claim any compensation, then you don't represent me as a Charlton fan, and I feel ashamed.

There is too much misery in the world already, and we had nothing to cause any trouble about.
    Fans remained in the stadium to celebrate after the Todorov winner at palarse, and the playoff first leg at Swindon without any trouble. It should have been the same at Pompey.

The guy in white was the one that was standing on the seat and celebrating and that the fuss was all about. I didn’t see it as him injuring her, she lunged at him and he went backwards, probably assisted by others pulling him out of the way. There was obviously cameras on the fans so it’s all academic anyway but that’s how I saw it.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Best atmosphere ever experienced at any game, loved the smoke bombs, keep them up.

Why not do it yourself?

Oh, and don't moan if you get a lifetime ban, and a criminal record...
    LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From what I saw the guy in white went into a bit of frenzy throwing punches at two big stewards, they suddenly steppe back and apart, allowing the female steward through the game and the grab came after a missed punch at the retreating stewards. If it was deliberate (i.e. he saw a woman and thought he'd grab her) then it was pretty amazing reflexes and clear thought for somebody who a second before appeared to have lost it in a series of head down wild swings.

The other point to note is that she was on her feet talking to her colleagues for a good five minutes before laying down for no apparent reason. I'd hope she wasn't feigning injury to make any charges worse.

This all stared because the stewards got heavy handed with a guy standing on a seat, doing no harm to anyone, and then his mate (presumably) waded in. I could see no reason for the stewards to have got involved originally, Nobody was trying to get onto the pitch, so the best course would have been to let the guy get on with it and if he'd fallen off the seat then more fool him.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Why not do it yourself?

Oh, and don't moan if you get a lifetime ban, and a criminal record...
    LOL
    Other fans have received lifetime bans from their Clubs along with a prison sentence.

I wouldn't find either or both options amusing.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I don't particularly care for the smoke bombs either way but it seems as if over the years they haven't gone away and I don't think they will any time soon. At this point the best scenario for everyone at the very least is that that the fan who is going to order one and travel to the ground with it, please at least have the presence of mind to throw the thing in a direction away from any fans or players.
  • Options
    olster said:

Everything about saturday was quality.

Team played well, fans turned up.

Though total lack of anti-roland songs which was surprising.

With the play offs and Wembley on the horizon Roland has long been forgotten.
  • Options
    One of the stewards was completely in the wrong, he was telling one of our fans to get down off the chairs and the fan was on a wind up. The steward then tried to go all macho on him and tried getting over the barriers etc. Just poor judgment by the steward, i'm a trained door supervisor and if someone was acting up like that and not doing any harm you let them crack on, not worth the hassle for 8 quid an hour or whatever it is, if our fan fell over and hurt himself more fool him.

Then I did see some other stuff that was questionable by our lot but I would say if the steward never tried giving it the big man then nothing would have happened in the first place
  • Options
    The steward in the black tried starting with our lot befor the game we told him where to go.£8 hour prick
  • Options

They were not flares that burn at hundreds of degrees. They were smoke bombs which you can hold whole they go off and they won't burn you. Other than the asthma question there is no danger from them.
    I'm Asthmatic - the smoke didnt bother me.
  • Options

Me too, but for the record I think they look shit. Glad to hear we had no stop singing and a drummer wasn't needed.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Should let people enjoy themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me too, but for the record I think they look shit. Glad to hear we had no stop singing and a drummer wasn't needed.
    He was there
  • Options

I got the full smoke experience being in the epicentre! My main problem with the flares is throwing them from the back to the front, that’s dangerous as they could hit anything

This was my view of the players celebrating the goal!

That’s better than the one we had when the smoke bombs went off...
  • Options

Someone lobbed a smoke bomb at Millwall and it landed at my feet. It wasn't hot at all. I picked it up and threw it on the pitch.
  • Options

Someone lobbed a smoke bomb at Millwall and it landed at my feet. It wasn't hot at all. I picked it up and threw it on the pitch.
    As you do.
  • Options
    Sean Dyche obviously doesn't get paid enough at Burnley.