Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will the Rochdale Game be on telly? (Ed. Yes, yes it will)

Comments

• 13 Aug 2010 Only 8 years since we last won comfortably on Sky....

Not sure when we last played on Sky tbh...
  • edited April 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

13 Aug 2010 Only 8 years since we last won comfortably on Sky....

Not sure when we last played on Sky tbh...

Middlesbrough (h) March 2016 - won 2-0 (last win).
    Huddersfield (h) November 2011 - won 2-0.

Swindon (a) November 2016 - lost 0-3 (last televised).
  • I'm hoping Plymouth and/or Scunthorpe fall apart, because our 2 remaining games are very tricky
  • I'm hoping Plymouth and/or Scunthorpe fall apart, because our 2 remaining games are very tricky

We've tended to lose to teams that aren't in form, both of these are however in form, Wigan are the only team to look unplayable against us this season... I see an exciting couple of fixtures. I could also see us nicking a win to upset Blackburn!

We'll draw or win on the last day, it's all been seen by the gods.
  • Thought Blackburn were pretty poor when they played us, we were at the peak of our woefulness and it still took a lovely Leon Best OG for them to create anything
  • Just got 2 tickets for this. On the party train down from Blackpool.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm hoping Plymouth and/or Scunthorpe fall apart, because our 2 remaining games are very tricky

We've tended to lose to teams that aren't in form, both of these are however in form, Wigan are the only team to look unplayable against us this season... I see an exciting couple of fixtures. I could also see us nicking a win to upset Blackburn!

Blackburn's season could be over tonight (promoted and unable to finish top), which would be my preferred option.
    We could nick a win if we keep Bradley Dack quiet.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm hoping Plymouth and/or Scunthorpe fall apart, because our 2 remaining games are very tricky

Blackburn's season could be over tonight (promoted and unable to finish top), which would be my preferred option.
    So looking at Wigan win, Shrews and Blackburn to draw preferably then Rick? Which also virtually knocks any lingering chance Peterborough have of catching us out of the equation too. Is that right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

So looking at Wigan win, Shrews and Blackburn to draw preferably then Rick? Which also virtually knocks any lingering chance Peterborough have of catching us out of the equation too. Is that right?
    No it's not is it - in that scenario Blackburn can still possibly catch Wigan. My head hurts... :smiley:
  • Dazzler21 said:

No it's not is it - in that scenario Blackburn can still possibly catch Wigan. My head hurts... :smiley:
    None of that can be right Algarve because "Peterboroughs season is over" :wink:
  • Have we been on TV at all this season?
  • edited April 2018

Dazzler21 said:

I suppose there is a scenario where two draws keeps us above Plymouth or Scunthorpe but Peterborough win all three and knock us out of the top six. That will become a bit more credible if Plymouth lose at Rochdale. I hadn't really considered us making it without winning one game.

However, if Shrewsbury draw with Posh, Wigan win and Blackburn lose at Doncaster, it will be all over at the top because of the goal difference. Peterborough or Portsmouth would still be able to get 68/69 and overhaul Charlton if we lose both matches, but in that case I'd expect us to be overtaken anyway by both Scunthorpe and Plymouth, not least because they are playing each other.
  • If Wigan win tonight they are Champions because of their goal difference. If Blackburn win tonight they are runners up. I think we want both to win.
  • Redrobo said:

If Wigan win tonight they are Champions because of their goal difference. If Blackburn win tonight they are runners up. I think we want both to win.

If they both win, Wigan will only be three points ahead with two to play.
  • Would you rather miss out on the playoffs playing for a team in London or get promoted but have to live in Blackburn? I'll see you in league 1
  • Would you rather miss out on the playoffs playing for a team in London or get promoted but have to live in Blackburn? I'll see you in league 1

Annoyingly even in Lancashire they have cars... :wink:
  • Is there a scenario where we need a draw to make 6th or 5th and Rochdale need a draw to stay up? That would be funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our style has been that we play better when the other team goes for the win so Blackburn need to win tonight to keep the title alive, it will also make beating them even more sweet, for us fans
  • Dazzler21 said:

Hope not,we are always shit on the telly

Except when we're not.

Charlton 3-1 Leyton Orient ring any bells?
    FC Halifax 0-4 Charlton Athletic
  • edited April 2018

Am I missing something here as I don't get this "Peterborough's season is done"

If they win their remaining three games and we lose both of ours they can finish two points above us?

Yeah but they'd still be behind Plymouth and Scunthorpe and finish in 7th most likely. There's a reason both they and Pompey are 20/1+ for top six now.
  • Thought Blackburn were pretty poor when they played us, we were at the peak of our woefulness and it still took a lovely Leon Best OG for them to create anything

I’d totally forgotten about Leon Best, did he go with Karl?
  • Am I missing something here as I don't get this "Peterborough's season is done"

If they win their remaining three games and we lose both of ours they can finish two points above us?

Their season is done
    A lot of folk were saying the same about us two weeks ago!
  • J BLOCK said:

Just got 2 tickets for this. On the party train down from Blackpool.

Is that because you're going to The Valley or out of Blackpool for the day?
  • Bet they select Doncaster v Wigan or Blackburn v Oxford as a title race style game now...

Be a shame as Rochdale will be desperate for the win, we could be desperate for a goal ourselves come 4:30

No doubt they'll just have a bloke with a dodgy Nokia 3330 and one signal bar for our game
  • Fck the TV - just get tomthe game and support the Boys