Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LISBIE OUT FOR THREE MONTHS

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
'freak training ground accident' in which he kicked a football towards a goal

Comments

• Options
    evil,

is he out or not ?
  • Options
    yes he is. had op on busted shoulder suffered in 'freak training ground incident'. Down to just 3 strikers. Time to call for .......Super Stan !!!!
  • Options
    Who........?
  • Options
    Collymore of course !!
  • Options
    Super who???
  • Options
    get well soon kev
  • Options
    Jeeez - that is such bad luck for him again, especially after a good performance in his comeback.
    It seems to happen to the poor sod every time.
    I hope it turns out to be much less than three months.
  • Options
    3 strikers?

What about James Walker?
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    He has had more bad luck in his career than most. Every time he gets in the side and does well yet another injury or illness.

With his contract up at the end of the season this could see the end for him at Charlton I think.

I know he rivals Kish for unpopularity amongst many fans but Superkev IS immensely talented and it is a crying shame we've only seen fleeting flashes of that talent before injury or illness has intervened yet again.
  • Options
    I agree with you there Len.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2006
    What is it with us and injuries? And what was the "freakish" nature of this training ground accident? Perhaps he had climbed up a tree to get the ball down from one of his efforts on goal!

Len, I take your point about his unpopularity, but he's been there for 10 years now and done more or less nothing - taking out THAT game against Liverpool (now there's "freakish" for you!). I'm certain that my employer wouldn't pay me, what do you reckon £20k per week?, for contributing little or nothing to the firm over 10 years. Jeez, that's a cool £1Million a year. For what?

I'm not normally one for criticising players like this, and I genuinely felt that this really could be his time - as I know did others. Also, I don't suppose he likes it any more than we do - but I bet the dosh he's picking up helps to soften the blow!

I think we should just forget about SuperKev EVER plalying for us again. If he does, great - bonus. But let's get someone else in as soon as we can. Walker will do for me until then.
  • Options
    I must've missed something..........'good performance on his comeback'...this surely must've been in the reserves !

Off_it....I 100% agree with your post !