Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger Out!

Comments

• Options
    Wilshere is class.

Arsenal have been excellent.
  • Options
    Welbeck has no left foot, think they should get that Kolasinac bloke on.
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    That defending is disgusting
  • Options
    3 crap defenders there
  • Options
    Standard arsenal
  • Options
    What a save
  • Options
    Wenger changed the game with his fitness ideas. Other than that, I never saw him as much of a tactician. And he was never a people-person, able to inspire his players the way Klopp does. In the end, all the other teams adopted his fitness ideas, and that took away the only edge he really had.

Also, when he was winning most, it was essentially always a 2-way contest between Arsenal and ManU... that is, until big foreign money came in to Chelsea and ManC and the EPL had real competition.

Once those two advantages ended, the gig was up for Wenger and Arsenal. He was "found out" in a big way.
  • Options
    I might be in the minority but I think Griezmann is a massively overrated footballer.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I might be in the minority but I think Griezmann is a massively overrated footballer.

He's bloody brilliant in my book. Seen some astonishing goals from the lad over the past couple of seasons. Always manages to pop up with a goal when you need it and takes a wicked free kick!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not enough from Arsenal - they were poor
    And Athletico looked pretty comfortable throughout-they were very very good.

Arsenals only hope is to have space and nick an away goal on the break.

Me thinks not

No leadership for Arsenal against 10 men and no Manager for 80 minutes.
  • Options

If I could gamble in the US easily, I would put $500 on Arteta at 10-1. I think he is getting the job.

When this was posted I thought it was a ridiculous suggestion as there's no chance of it happening.

Doesn't seem so ridiculous now

• Options
    BR3red said:

Me thinks not

I wouldn’t say they were poor at all. Up against the best defence is Europe, even with 10 they are a solid unit. They created numerous chances but Oblak was excellent.
  • Options
    Can’t see the fairytale ending for them. They won’t have it in them to get a result in Madrid

• Options

BR3red said:

Me thinks not

I wouldn’t say they were poor at all. Up against the best defence is Europe, even with 10 they are a solid unit. They created numerous chances but Oblak was excellent.
    Opinions.....

U said that they were excellent.....

Maybe it's me , too much tippy tappy and no shots. How many did the keeper save?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Atletico were so relaxed when down to ten men and knew they’d nick one. Apart from the great save from Oblak Arsenal never looked like scoring again. I’ve never seen such a well organised team. Defending can be an art.
  • Options

Wilshere is class.

Arsenal have been excellent.

Jack Sideways Wilshere
  • Options
    mrs is an arsenal fan so went along with her ( usually slag them off for pricing but was £36 a ticket last night which isn't bad ), fuck me some creatures in that place saw 3 separate blokes making youtube vidoes/blogs at half time, constant singing of how shit spurs are ( understandable as there rivals, but like millwall dont care about us arsenal apparently dont care about spurs ), a bloke walking around with a real madrid shirt on!, arsenal apart from the athletico goal were very good but you can't walk a ball into goal or give greizzmann a chance, think the tie is over for them now as there probably going to get hammered by united the weekend and athletico isn't an easy place to go, only have themselves to blame 1 extra player for 80 mins,77% possession and 28 shots, 8 of which on target, oblak is also a v v good keeper.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say its over, last night they missed a big chance a 2/3 nil would have been massive and they played well enough but standard Arsenal let the other team back with comical defending.

Athletico have the advantage, but i wouldn't write Arsenal off. Its only over 1 game, yes they have the away goal but cant see them playing for a 0-0. If Arsenal treat like a final and a one off game they can do it. Athletico's defence is solid, but on their day Arsenal can cut through most sides, just need their A* game to give them a chance imo
  • Options

mrs is an arsenal fan so went along with her ( usually slag them off for pricing but was £36 a ticket last night which isn't bad ), fuck me some creatures in that place saw 3 separate blokes making youtube vidoes/blogs at half time, constant singing of how shit spurs are ( understandable as there rivals, but like millwall dont care about us arsenal apparently dont care about spurs ), a bloke walking around with a real madrid shirt on!, arsenal apart from the athletico goal were very good but you can't walk a ball into goal or give greizzmann a chance, think the tie is over for them now as there probably going to get hammered by united the weekend and athletico isn't an easy place to go, only have themselves to blame 1 extra player for 80 mins,77% possession and 28 shots, 8 of which on target, oblak is also a v v good keeper.

this. It’s been their biggest problem for years. Once upon a time Wenger had players capable of this. Now, no chance. Again it highlights his arrogance is still alive and well and really, because of it, it’s why he’s going out with a whimper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wouldn't say its over, last night they missed a big chance a 2/3 nil would have been massive and they played well enough but standard Arsenal let the other team back with comical defending.

Athletico have the advantage, but i wouldn't write Arsenal off. Its only over 1 game, yes they have the away goal but cant see them playing for a 0-0. If Arsenal treat like a final and a one off game they can do it. Athletico's defence is solid, but on their day Arsenal can cut through most sides, just need their A* game to give them a chance imo

i would agree with this but this season they have 3 wins away( everton,stripey nigels and burnley) in the league and 17 goals, i cant see them suddenly being able to click at a top european side
  • Options
    edited April 2018

i would agree with this but this season they have 3 wins away( everton,stripey nigels and burnley) in the league and 17 goals, i cant see them suddenly being able to click at a top european side
    Very true, their away record + Althletico's home record (including their defence) should = Lose, But its football and i dont think its the worst result, 1-1 after the first leg just seems alot worse as they were playing against 10 men.

Cup so anything can happen, could be a proper cracker!
  • Options

Very true, their away record + Althletico's home record (including their defence) should = Lose, But its football and i dont think its the worst result, 1-1 after the first leg just seems alot worse as they were playing against 10 men.

could be but im hoping it ends in an athletico win all this supporting english sides in europe i dont get i cant stand arsenal, there arrogant fans, arrogant players and arrogant manager, some were even complaining about madrid cheating and time wasting - no you havent won the match because like usual you dont take your chances - the end.
  • Options

could be but im hoping it ends in an athletico win all this supporting english sides in europe i dont get i cant stand arsenal, there arrogant fans, arrogant players and arrogant manager, some were even complaining about madrid cheating and time wasting - no you havent won the match because like usual you dont take your chances - the end.
    I am backing Arsenal, ,my Dad is Arsenal and so was i up until like 11. Only team lately i have wanted to lose in the Champions League is Liverpool, although i was quite satisfied when United messed up.
  • Options
    Arsenal 1-0 down, Koscielny off with a torn achilles
  • Options
    It finishes 1-0, no fairy tale finish for Arsene
  • Options
    People will point to the Griezmann equaliser in the first leg, but I think this Arsenal side is happier chasing a game, and I certainly wouldn't have backed them to protect a one goal lead for 90 minutes in the same way that Atletico did.

Shame, I like a fairytale ending.
  • Options
    Shocking distribution in wide areas from Bellerin and Monreal.
  • Options

Shocking distribution in wide areas from Bellerin and Monreal.

Yes, the final ball from out wide was awful.

A pretty underwhelming last 3 matches for Arsene, home to Burnley, then away to Leicester and Huddersfield...
  • Options
    There was one bit toward the end that summed it all up for me. Lacazette got put in late on, in the box and tried an extra pass. Wenger’s teams still trying to walk it into the back of the net after all these years. Worked with the likes of Henry etc, and usually against teams like Norwich. Won’t work with Welbeck against Atletico Madrid.....