Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wenger Out!

Comments

• Curbishley 16-1
  • tbh hes done a great service there, but its time for him to go unfortunately as i despise everything about that club, i rekon pep might go there heard he's been after the job for years. hopefully they really plummet and spend badly.
  • Will be a case of “don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone”.
    What odds he turns up at United next season.
  • I wish the gooners all the football pain in the world.As for Mr Wenger i bet he never saw it and he never seemed to enjoy it much .

My bet is about 10pages in the evening gooner coming up
  • I actually think they're better off without him. He's been too stubborn in the transfer market for too long. They're a soft side who get bullied out of games and he seems to have forgotten what his Invincible side was built on. Players like Keown, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto. They don't have anyone near that level now.
  • The weather is lovely today
  • EPL fans are a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

EPL fans are a joke.

Calling it the EPL is a joke as well.
    on par with calling a penatly a "pk"
  • I actually think they're better off without him. He's been too stubborn in the transfer market for too long. They're a soft side who get bullied out of games and he seems to have forgotten what his Invincible side was built on. Players like Keown, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto. They don't have anyone near that level now.

my thoughts exactly who in there squad would get into a starting 11 for city, united or liverpool?.

they have okay players that they pay way over the odds for.
  • The Premier league will be a poorer place without Wenger.

Let's just see what a transformation there is under the new manager. Or not.
  • Do people think that a change in manager means instant success? Give a new bloke a season there and who knows?

Didnt realise how many Mystic Megs there were on here though

Yes, and look what they have contributed to the takeover!! :smiley:
  • Brendand Rodgers would be the wrong manager for them. They should have gone for Klopp before Liverpool. I'd like to see Ancelotti or even Conte if he leaves Chelsea.
  • tbh hes done a great service there, but its time for him to go unfortunately as i despise everything about that club, i rekon pep might go there heard he's been after the job for years. hopefully they really plummet and spend badly.

I had to read that twice, really?
  • If it could only be Pards... BUT the footballing Gods are not that giving!
  • Sponsored links:

• I posted this originally in June 2013:

Really interesting thread generating a lot of interesting debate. No, it's not a 'Wenger love in', it's football fans voicing an opinion, and those who are well read, recognising the positive impact Wenger has had in influencing English football.

Despite his arrogance, intransigence and faults, he is one of the only truly great managers serving in the Premier League (the other one has just retired). Not only did he transform Arsenal as a club, Wenger was the first modern football manager in the English game. It was Wenger who introduced the importance of diet and physical conditioning that today’s footballers accept as the norm and take for granted. Top clubs then followed that lead, including Man Utd and it is now standard practice throughout the professional game in this country.

Maybe his time is coming to an end, who knows? But like him or loathe him/his club, he has presided over a team that has played the best football that I have ever witnessed an 'English' football team produce since I started attending matches in the 70s
  • I posted this originally in June 2013:

Really interesting thread generating a lot of interesting debate. No, it's not a 'Wenger love in', it's football fans voicing an opinion, and those who are well read, recognising the positive impact Wenger has had in influencing English football.

Despite his arrogance, intransigence and faults, he is one of the only truly great managers serving in the Premier League (the other one has just retired). Not only did he transform Arsenal as a club, Wenger was the first modern football manager in the English game. It was Wenger who introduced the importance of diet and physical conditioning that today’s footballers accept as the norm and take for granted. Top clubs then followed that lead, including Man Utd and it is now standard practice throughout the professional game in this country.

Maybe his time is coming to an end, who knows? But like him or loathe him/his club, he has presided over a team that has played the best football that I have ever witnessed an 'English' football team produce since I started attending matches in the 70s

It's weird that the 2 most notable Arsenal managers of my time, Graham and Wenger, go from one extreme to the other, when you think of the old school drinking culture Arsenal had during the 80s and 90s before Wenger arrived.

What's amazing is that many of the same players would work under both managers, and change their ways completely.

• A true legend and a great of the game, but that legend and his ability has been waning from about 2011/12 for me. I understand that his hands were tied financially for a number of years re: the stadium, but I think that masked the gradual decline that has manifested itself in how poor they have become in the last few years.

He deserves a heroes send off for Arsenal because he has done some wonderful things and achieved a great deal, and I am glad he is stepping down now rather than have another go and have an even worst season next year, because for me Arsenal have become a bit of a soft touch as a club, and it was only going to get worse
  • Typical, just as we embark on our drive to the premiership for the 2019/2020 season, Arsenal will be in the championship and that’ll be one less away day in London...

Unless that 'drive' is to Scotland you mean the Premier League.
  • Do people think that a change in manager means instant success? Give a new bloke a season there and who knows?

Didnt realise how many Mystic Megs there were on here though

You mean you didn't see it coming? We all did.
    I was meaning the pradictions of The Arsenal's certain demise now he's been given the pump
  • Seems I am in a minority but I think it's the right move. No doubt been a success but I think it's time to move on. Arsenal may struggle without him or they might get an extra 20 points, remains to be seen but I think he was on borrowed time.

I also think the bloke is a complete arsehole and won't miss him from the Prem.
  • Typical, just as we embark on our drive to the premiership for the 2019/2020 season, Arsenal will be in the championship and that’ll be one less away day in London...

Pity we're doing it in an Austin Allegro