Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Currently in Paddington. Raining. Have tickets for days 1-4 although currently at work ready for the dash up the road when the start time is confirmed.

If I give you my seat numbers could you go and towel them dry for me, as I am in row 3 of the grandstand ;-)
    Am in Compton upper I’m afraid so can’t reach that far!
  • I imagine play will start on time, it's not raining now and the drainage is so good, especially as there's a bit of a breeze to dry the outfield
  • England win toss & bat.

Woakes is the player who misses out
  • TMS is on and off we go. I'm at Headingley next Friday, can't wait.
  • TMS is on and off we go. I'm at Headingley next Friday, can't wait.

I'm off to Headingley for the Saturday. Should be interesting!
  • Stoneman b Abbas 4 (Eng 12-1)

And so it begins
  • I must admit I hadn't been following Stoneman's fortunes this summer but have just seen that he hasn't even reached 30 in any innings of his 8 innings to date.
  • same old, same old...
  • It's time for Gubbins or Burns. Don't think Stoneman quite has it.
  • I must admit I hadn't been following Stoneman's fortunes this summer but have just seen that he hasn't even reached 30 in any innings of his 8 innings to date.

just heard he's been averaging 16 this summer. before that he's had those two half century scores against New Zealand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Root could have been run out befire facing a ball. We started lied a house on fire - 21 off the first 5 overs. then 4 off the next 6. Turned over to the golf af Wentworth.
  • What was Root doing? This is a five day Test match!
  • Sounds like Pakistan have been excellent at tempting England into risky plays. Cook sounds lucky to still be out there from what I'm hearing about the bowling from Abbas.
  • Malan gone now. same old same old.
  • Malan's out. 43-3

some really poor batting so far
  • What was Root doing? This is a five day Test match!

Not by the looks if the team that was selected... Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes. I can only assume that the selectors are Shrews fans & want to be at Wembley on sunday.
  • Pakistan would have bowled. If Root doesn't regret his decision now he might well do later.
  • now 168 fir 6. Stokes gone lbw after review.

crazy decision to bat first. rain overnight & coudy overhead. 200 seems a long way off....

esp as Buttler is now out. 168 for 7. England bowling this evening.
  • The reason for this collapse is me getting in from the school run, kicking the kids into the garden, and finally sticking on the telly.
  • I agree with golfie. It was a day for bowling. The ball is moving around all over the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• If this game goes to day 5 I'll be there on Monday. A bit unlikely though!
  • 180-8. Boooooo.
  • "We have to take the positives...natural game. ..good bunch of lads"
  • 184 all out!
  • One can only hope that it's swinging and Jimmy can pick up 2 or 3 before the close.

If not we are already in 'avoid defeat' mode.
  • It's a score Kent would be proud of this season.
  • LenGlover said:

One can only hope that it's swinging and Jimmy can pick up 2 or 3 before the close.

If not we are already in 'avoid defeat' mode.

which won't happen with the weather I would imagine, can't see a draw
  • Riviera said:

Anyone been to Lords yet this year? What is the draught bitter? Is it still Marstons? I hope so. I know the ECB have done a deal with Green King and that is the beer at The Oval now, hopefully the MCC make their own decisions and have kept Marstons.

Still Marstons.
  • Absolute shambles