Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T-REX Marathon

Morning everyone (in best Benaud voice).

Apologies for the blatant plug, and I'm sure we're all already signed up to great Marathon causes this weekend but PLEASE take a quick look at the website below and contribute if you can:

http://www.trexmarathon.com/

There's a strong CAFC connection; my little boy James who features on the link and is rarely seen without a Charlton shirt on simply wouldn't be here were it not for the wonderful Evelina Children's Hospital, and the T-Rex's co-runner on the day is a season ticket holder of 42 years standing who some of you will know well. To top it all I'm told by the heroes running and organising it all that Messrs Solly and Jackson have been very supportive through social media so you'll be in good company.

That's it really; I'm not active on any other social media myself but wanted to do my bit. Thanks very much; please do what you can.

Comments

• Options
    Should run at the back so that all the gullible runners think their being chased by a real T-Rex and so record a fast time.

On a serious note though, good look on Sunday if it is you running

Hopefully it'll cool down a bit as wouldn't want to be running in this weather, let alone in a full costume
  • Options
    Good idea! Thanks FA. Not me but my nephew on behalf of the hospital that saved my son.
  • Options
    Great cause paddy,my Daughter has been under the Evelina for the past 15 years. I raised money for them doing a half marathon a few years back and will gladly donate for such a great hospital
  • Options
    Many thanks Kish. Wish your daughter and yourself the very very best.
  • Options
    @Paddy7, was your nephew the sole one running in a T-Rex costume... Just saw someone in one getting engaged to their Fiancee enroute during the BBC2 highlights?