Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Tue 17 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• We've been too open over the last few weeks. Time to batten down the hatches and grind out a 0-0 draw.
  • SDAddick said:

You're one player short on the bench. Marshall, I suspect.

In the home leg of this they absolutely swarmed and overran us in midfield. They gave us nothing on the day, it was a very good performance from them.

I can't see how us going 4-4-2 will help what we struggled with at home in a 4-2-3-1. Shrewsbury play a sort of 4-1-4-1 which gives them a lot of numbers in midfield. If he starts I don't think Fosu will have as much freedom as he did in that ten role before he got injured. He'll need to track a midfielder a fair amount I suspect.

I would go 4-3-3 and look to set up similar to how we did against Blackburn. Sit deep and look to hit them with pace on the counter. I struggle to see Bowyer doing that though. It would also be massively helpful if Kashi were fully fit, enough so to start, but I doubt it after a couple months out.

Also, if Sarr was fit I'd start him. Pearce's inability to pass to a teammate is a huge liability, and against a team that presses and swarms, they could have a field day with him. And him just lumping it forward, which he does under no pressure, is as good as handing the ball back to thr opposition.

Ideal, assuming everyone fit.
    ............. Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Page
    ............... Kashi
    . ....... Reeves.... JFC
    Marshall Fosu Magennis

I'd start Fosu as a false nine similar to how he played in Bowyer's first game. I don't think Bowyer will be that brave. On the right ice chosen Marshall because his pace on the counter is so useful, and hell help with their left back, but I could see Ajose or Kaikai going there as well.

What I think the team will actually be.
    .............. Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    ............ JFC
    ....... Reeves Aribo
    ......... .... Fosu
    ......... Zyro Ajose

Phillips, Lennon, Kashi, Marshall, Kaikai, Mavididi, Zyro

Don't even think Bowyer will start Big Josh. I fear that we're seeing why our team has been so stale for so much of the season. It was just Robinson who had a hard time affecting things, it was his coaching staff as well. I'd love to be wrong, but it was obvious against Wimbledon that we've run out of ideas and have resorted to lumping it forward to no one in particular. I fear this could get ugly.

There are seven on my bench?
  • edited April 2018
    LOSE 14-0

All hope is gone. We're going to be relegated.

Roland is staying forever....

Charlton 2-0 Shrewsbury Not sure how or why?

But they gives us hope only to miss out on the playoffs still.

4 wins needed to reach (surpass) the 73 points I predicted.

Realistically I think we will win one, draw one and get spanked in the other 2 remaining fixtures. 66 points also known as total failure on the season goal of "promotion"
  • 6-0 to the might of Shrewsbury Town. Thank you Roland!
  • Not sure about this point isn’t enough argument

Portsmouth is a must win, Blackburn is a home game and Rochdale are rubbish

Would people not take 10 points for the rest of the season.

• Knowing our cock teasing outfit, we'll probably win tonight and Saturday. But I'm not falling for it...

yet
  • No way should Kashi be in the starting 11 over Aribo. NO WAY.

No idea which team will turn up - will it be the dominant 11 that overturned Plymouth, Rotherham & Northampton or the wimps that rolled over & got their tummies tickled against Wimbledon & Scunny. Doesn't matter really as the season is over. There will be only one team out there tonight wanting it, and it wont be us.

3-0 to the Shrews.
  • 2-0 to Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure about this point isn’t enough argument

Portsmouth is a must win, Blackburn is a home game and Rochdale are rubbish

Would people not take 10 points for the rest of the season.

All four teams we have to play have a better record than us over the last 8 league games.

Shrewsbury: one defeat in the last 8. Have won their last 4 home games, keeping clean sheets in 3 of those successes.

Portsmouth: Unbeaten in their last 6 games, which includes a home win against Wigan. Four clean sheets in thoae 6 matches.

Blackburn: Unbeaten in their last 8 games. 5 of those wins. 5 away wins in their last 8 away games.

Rochdale: Five wins and 2 draws in their last 9 league games since their FA Cup exit to Spurs.
  • Will the players give it 100 per cent, that is what I want to know.
  • Don't know why, but we are setting off now and expecting a crushing 4-0 defeat and the end of another season's dream.
  • 1-1 Bauer with our goal.
  • Best we can hope for is 0-0. 3-0 to the shrews.
  • Realistically, on the form of the last three games, we do not stand a chance tonight. So, come on Charlton, do what you do best and surprise us all by beating one of the best teams at their place. 2-0 to the Reds.
  • No way should Kashi be in the starting 11 over Aribo. NO WAY.

No idea which team will turn up - will it be the dominant 11 that overturned Plymouth, Rotherham & Northampton or the wimps that rolled over & got their tummies tickled against Wimbledon & Scunny. Doesn't matter really as the season is over. There will be only one team out there tonight wanting it, and it wont be us.

3-0 to the Shrews.

NO WAY should Aribo start!

As apparently injured.
  • Hopefully a comfortable defeat so we can officially declare the season over.

3-0 to the Shrews. Terrible display by the Addicks. Bowyer blames it on the change in the weather. Travelling support look mildlý depressed.

In a parallel universe we win 6-0 with a hattrick from Big Josh. A late surge into the playoffs and we win the playoff final 9-0 against Portsmouth with Kaikai scoring 5.
  • The reason I feel tonight is a must win is because we NEED to start taking other teams out of the picture. If we win tonight and Portsmouth lose, and then we win at theirs that would pretty much take them out of the picture. If we win tonight and Peterborough lose their game in hand they are out of the picture. Can't keep hoping to take a point and that we can then win the rest of the games.
  • I thought Shrewsbury looked one of the most competent teams we’ve played down at the Valley. Will be tough. 2-0 to the shrews
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I thought Shrewsbury looked one of the most competent teams we’ve played down at the Valley. Will be tough. 2-0 to the shrews

We're one of the poorest teams I've seen this season aside from a few half decent displays. I would be really surprised if the Shrews don't turn us over.

Hope all those travelling have a safe journey.
  • Surprise 1-3 away win for the Addicks
  • We will not win tonight
    We will not make the playoffs
    We will never be successful under Roland.
    Protests need to be resumed until the old scrote sells and people should not renew their season ticket until he is gone.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    Protests need to be resumed until the old scrote sells and people should not renew their season ticket until he is gone.

Roland will never sell even when he dies...

Roland will never sell even when he dies...
    No he will probably pass us on to his son.
    Depressing or what
  • 1-0 Charlton. Bauer to score from a corner.

You wont be wanting that lift to Shrewsbury away in the play off semis then.
  • I’m in the wild pig near the ground! It’s grim not a good omen
  • clb74 said:

We will not win tonight

You wont be wanting that lift to Shrewsbury away in the play off semis then.
    No chance of that I'm afraid.
    At about 10 pm this evening our season will be officially over.